Crowd reactions to the full FF2 trailer at theaters with SM3

David33

Sidekick
Reaction score
If you see the new FF2 trailer on the big screen,please,post here the crowd reactions:cwink: .

I'm predicting positive reactions coupled with murmurs about the movie. We'll see though. This will be one of those things that should please the kiddies and adults.

I'm thinking a large percentage of the people who see the midnight show will have already seen the FF2 trailer.

So much for audience reports, I guess...

Well, it just opened at Midnight this morning. It's 8:34 EST...we must wait for it. LOL :p

Yeah. :yay: I guess I just figured I'd wake up this morning and there they'd be. I was planning on going, but I was just too tired to be getting out of a movie at 2:30 in the morning.

The fan reviews of Spiderman 3 over on the Spidey board are amazingly mixed and negative. And 64% on Rotten Tomatoes! Scary.

I saw SM3 on Tuesday. They noticed early that it was Fantastic Four, a laugh during the Johnny/Ben scene, no special reaction.

Regards,
Maestro

Reading some crowd reports that post the trailers that played, it seems to be getting a nice reaction.

My theater went nuts when the trailer came on...they saw that silver streak and they exploded. We had a packed house...8 different showings and all sold out. They laughed at the Johnny/Ben exchange and everything else had them going oohs and ahhs....the scene with the Surfer and the missles had some people (including me even though I've seen it dozens of times) going Hell Yeah!

Go F4...

Everyone laughed at the Johnny/Thing scene, no real discussion after the trailer ended. I must say though, it was even more quiet when Spidey ended...

I'm like...worried for SM3. It's in "X-Men: The Last Stand" RT range right now. :csad:

Now if FF comes out on top this year as the best comic movie, outranking SM3......whoa. :eek:

nobody laughed when johnny got benjy's powers....shocking

i laughed originally when i saw it on youtube...

but maybe they all did as well...

I'm like...worried for SM3. It's in "X-Men: The Last Stand" RT range right now. :csad:
it's no where near as bad as the last stand but it's no work of art either...

many people put it around number two, i don't think that's a bad estimation although many characters didn't shine.

if not for harry, it would have been a really bad film...

Saw the 12:30 show at Court Street in Brooklyn. Mostly full of Junior High and High School students on a field trip (what a waste of an education. To sit and watch a movie for 2 1/2 hours).

The audience loved the trailer!! They laughed (Johnny/Ben power switch) ohhh and aaahhhhh (Surfer's changes to the Earth) at the right moments. Many loved Silver Surfer (in every appearance he made), while others were pleasantly surprised to see Dr. Doom return. All in all, a good response to a trailer. There were whispers of anticipation.

I got the bloody stupid old December trailer... can you believe how piss backwards that is? pathetic lame theater

I got the bloody stupid old December trailer... can you believe how piss backwards that is? pathetic lame theater

It's karma my friend........its your just reward for all of your weird "reality" posts the last time around.....:o :oldrazz:

It was 76 % users. 64 % critics early this morning. Just checked it's 61 % critics. 72 % users. X-Men 3 was 57 % critics. 69 % users. The trailer was well recieved at the showing I went to.

I went to the midnight showing at my local Regal and for whatever reason they didn't have the trailer. They did however have the SS standee which was really cool to see up close. Several screens were showing Spidey 3 so maybe the trailer was with a different one.

it's no where near as bad as the last stand but it's no work of art either...

many people put it around number two, i don't think that's a bad estimation although many characters didn't shine.

if not for harry, it would have been a really bad film...

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm sure glad I read the mixed reviews (fan and critics alike) before seeing it so that I wasn't too disappointed.
It's far from being a bad film but wow...I don't think it will be many fans' favorite of the three. This isn't the Spidey forum, so I'll leave it at that.

What surprised me, though, was...no FF2 trailer! SM3 is playing on four screens at my local multiplex, and on at least two of those screens:No FF trailer. I was told it is attached to at least one of the other 2 prints, so I'll go back later this weekend and step in for a moment to check out reactions.
I just hope the same situation isn't happening in too many other theaters. This weekend is kind of important for FF2 exposure.

I forgot to mention in my last post that they also showed a new "tv spot" as well as the new trailer. The tv spot featured scenes from the trailer and the actual tv spot. Don't thing there was anything new, maybe a few scenes shot from a different angle.

I wasn't prepared for the spot when it came on, so I may have missed a bit of it. But it was great to see they featured FF2 twice. Great promotion.

My friends that went to a midnight showing did not have the FF2 trailer attached to their movie. They were very annoyed.

Sorry to all those who have not seen this trailer on the big screen. It really looks impressive..love the way Surfer looks, and those few moments of Doom leaves you wanting more. Can't wait til June 15th.

Someone yelled out "LAME!" after the power switch. Some laughed. When the Surfer opened his mouth and spoke, some people started giggling. Overall the reaction from the crowd in general was silent, no one really cared.

After it ended someone screamed "Must Miss!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"