Crowd reactions to the full FF2 trailer at theaters with SM3

Someone yelled out "LAME!" after the power switch. Some laughed. When the Surfer opened his mouth and spoke, some people started giggling. Overall the reaction from the crowd in general was silent, no one really cared.

After it ended someone screamed "Must Miss!"

LMAO....you forgot a small detail.......you were the one yelling "lame" and "Must Miss".....

:cwink:

I didn't get the dam trailer.

I did however love the movie. I suppose ppl have their reasons for disliking it but it's deff. my fav. out of the three.

The power switching scene got big laughs at my theater, over all I'd say nice reaction.

The power switching scene got big laughs at my theater, over all I'd say nice reaction.

Yeah, I have a feeling that will be the normal reaction with most crowds....

Someone yelled out "LAME!" after the power switch. Some laughed. When the Surfer opened his mouth and spoke, some people started giggling. Overall the reaction from the crowd in general was silent, no one really cared.

Okay, if the "stupid people" are "cloistered", how do you guys get to see midnight screenings or post on internet messageboards? :woot:

Seriously though, I don't believe a word of your post.
Except maybe that the trailer was shown.

Saw the 12:30 show at Court Street in Brooklyn. Mostly full of Junior High and High School students on a field trip (what a waste of an education. To sit and watch a movie for 2 1/2 hours).
Small world. I was at that theater this evening to see Spider Man. No particular reaction from the crowd except for the power switch between Ben and Johnny but I think I was in a very subdued crowd and since the trailer was the first one shown I think a lot of people were still looking for seats and getting themselves together. Was happy to see the TV spot and the Trailer. The trailer really looked awesome on the big screen and it's got me more hyped for June 15. I am really glad that I don't know too much about the movie so I can be pleasently surprised.

The trailer wasn't even shown during my Spider-man 3 screening! I was so pissed!!:mad:

I think since Spidey is not a Fox movie, and being shown on several, several, several screens at these theatres....some will have the trailer and some won't......It was probably only attached to a certain amount.....

yea they didn't even show the FF2 trailer at mine either, Galactus the Cloud :woot: will not be pleased

HEY HEY!!

GET IT RIGHT!!

It's World Devouring Purple Fart around these parts. :o

You must think we're stupid. :rolleyes: Embellish much?

Anyway, the trailer got a good reaction with my audience. Johnny's "Oh my god! Come on!" got a lot of laughs and afterwards the room was virtually silent. Don't know if that's good or bad, but people were paying attention.

They also showed a new TV spot featuring some of the new footage mixed in with the "I'm so hot for you" clips as well prior to the actual start time. The lights were still on and the volume was low, but people did take notice.

LMAO....you forgot a small detail.......you were the one yelling "lame" and "Must Miss".....

:cwink:

I take offense to that, it was not me who yelled 'lame', it was my friend. I was the that said 'must miss'.

Seriously though. There seemed to be some awkward giggling and a general silence. It just seemed no one cared. But is that so strange? Everyone came to see Spider-Man 3. We had to sit through commercials and about 5 trailers.

I realize that many of you are big FF movie fans, but the first film was a borderline moderate success, what makes you think there is some huge buzz? The general public was not holding their breath for a sequel.

Didn't get a negative reaction at my showing. I think the only people that hated the first one was critics and fanboys, and unless your theatre is full of one or the other, it's going to nab people's attention.

I take offense to that, it was not me who yelled 'lame', it was my friend. I was the that said 'must miss'.

Seriously though. There seemed to be some awkward giggling and a general silence. It just seemed no one cared. But is that so strange? Everyone came to see Spider-Man 3. We had to sit through commercials and about 5 trailers.

I realize that many of you are big FF movie fans, but the first film was a borderline moderate success, what makes you think there is some huge buzz? The general public was not holding their breath for a sequel.

Heres the thing......exactly how do you know that the giggling was not just giggling.....and how do you know that they were just being quiet watching the trailers......

No one has said that people in the theatres have to jump up and down and scream....OMG I can't wait for this movie.....but you did mislead in your post.....it is obvious you are not looking forward to this movie, you've made that quite clear in your posts, but there is also no need to put your thoughts and feelings on most of the audience that you truly do not know what they thought....and then mislead by saying "someone" said lame, now we know it was your friend, and "I'm missing it" and it turns out to be you....childish.....:yay:

We know there is a buzz because the first trailer has consistently been on top 10 watched trailers since it debuted.....so we are NOT going by an audience reaction, this is just fun for us.....to see if people AROUND us enjoyed or not......we aren't looking for the audience to be overly positive or negative.....there is much more positive buzz about this movie than the last one....read alittle its out there......is there bad buzz as well....sure....but in comparison to the first, the positive buzz far outweights the negative this time around....

If you aren't looking forward to the movie....that's cool....no problem....but be a man about it and cop to that.....no need to bring an entire audience with you to make your point...lol:cwink:

Saw Spidey last night and they had the new tv spot which as someone stated before is a combination of the trailer and one of the previous tv ads. The lights were still up and it was impossible to hear because everyone was talking but I at least saw it. When they got to the regular trailers, they showed something like 4 trailers before the F4 trailer came on and at that point everyone was in their seats. Hubby was like, 'We've already seen this' and I told him, 'No we haven't now hush.' There was laughter after the Ben/Johnny switch, especially after Johnny's reaction to seeing himself. When it ended, there was murmuring that sounded possitive and the guy sitting next to me turned to the people he was sitting with (his family I'm guessing) and said, 'That looks like fun.' So all in all, it looks like it got a good reaction.

>^^<

I was surprised at just how positive people at my theater were, as soon as SS shot through space I heard people saying "It's Rise of the Silver Surfer!!". There was complete silence, except for the laugh at Johnny, and people seemed to really like it. I actually was on the bus with some of the people from the theater sat behind me on the way home, and they were discussing the trailer which I found really funny (but cool).

btw, loved Spider-Man! ;)

If most movie go'ers laughed at exactly the same point in the trailer, of which they had no advanced knowledge, then this must be a good sign.

I'm like...worried for SM3. It's in "X-Men: The Last Stand" RT range right now. :csad:
:wow: :wow: Then their already doomed....

Edit: Forget Johnny and Ben, what about SUE people?!!!! What did she do? Did she use her powers?? What, what, what?!:csad: :csad: :csad:

Generally positive reaction in my theatre as well. You could tell everyone was interested since the theatre pretty much fell silent once the trailer came on. There were some laughs at the power switch and I heard someone behind me murmur "cool" at the last part when SS was swatting the missles.

Generally positive reaction in my theatre as well. You could tell everyone was interested since the theatre pretty much fell silent once the trailer came on. There were some laughs at the power switch and I heard someone behind me murmur "cool" at the last part when SS was swatting the missles.

Sounds almost just like my crowd reaction. I don't think anybody got that the cloaked person was Doom.

Didn't get it. Instead we got Transformers, PotC: AWE, Die Hard 4.0 and Surf's Up.

My theater really seemed to like it. I had someone say thats the fantastic four the first time they show them with hauger. and they laughed when johnny and ben switched powers. and i heard one person say oh thats the silver surfer cool when he comes out of the building he went through and the end part got a big ovation when the SS swated away the missles and then i heard the person behind me go oh i can't wait for that movie to comeout.

Methinks FF will warrant a few midnite showings itself if they keep the marketing blitz up.

I heard some positive muttering from my crowd. :D And a whistle or two at Jess and Chris as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"