Crowd reactions to the full FF2 trailer at theaters with SM3

How did your audiences react to the trailer when it was showed at Spiderman3?
Mine was dead quiet...and I was shocked because it was clearly the best of all 6 previews shown...maybe tied with HP5 and that one recieved cheers and applause.

I have never been in a movie theatre where people cheered and applauded a trailer...lol.......that must have been one hell of a trailer.

I have never been in a movie theatre where people cheered and applauded a trailer...lol.......that must have been one hell of a trailer.

You must not live in the right town, cuz I get it all the time. That said, dont remember anything big with the F4 trailer, but the Harry Potter one got some reactions. Most good, some bad.

How did I not see this thread b4? Oh well...I just wanted to share...I knew that they were gonna show the preview...i told my friends who bought tickets with me earlier in the week that I saw the FF preview and that when we see it on the big screen they won't be disapointed.

We went to a packed midnite show, 1 of 6 sold out shows at the same theatre. My auditorium had some pretty rabid spidey fans...even someone dressed up as spiderman...

The first preview shown...Harry Potter...it got a burst of cheers and applause from beginning to end...I was thinking to myself...'this looks good for FF2...just wait til they see that' :yay:

then another burst of applause and cheers and laughing...for Shrek 3...ok ok ok...wheres FF2?

Then...Marvel logo comes...up...my friend whispers..." oh $#it is this it?!"

DEAD SILENCE! A theater full of people who either hated the first movie, are rabid Spiderman fans...or are closet FF movie fans. I was so shocked...seriously nothing. My friends turned to me and were...like 'damn that looks great'

but i swear you could hear a pin drop...but, for as unforgiving as the crowd was for the other preview of that hippie movie...silence may be a good thing. Also...maybe people at my screening wanted to hate it...but didn't...and kept it quietly to themselves. I just can't explain it...it was clearly the best preview...we also had bourne ultimatum...and surfs up...so, i don't know if this is a good thing or not...i'm gonna have to go see a packed weekend show to see how other audiences react.
end:dry:

You must not live in the right town, cuz I get it all the time. That said, dont remember anything big with the F4 trailer, but the Harry Potter one got some reactions. Most good, some bad.

Yeah, us Houstonians are all boring people....:whatever:

I grew up in the eastcoast...and with the exception of maybe Boston or NYC theaters...no one ever applauded or cheered at movies or previews. They laughed at the right parts and keep quiet for the rest of the movie. Then leave after the credits. When I moved to California...it was unreal...I had never experienced that much fun at a theater...I have grown accustomed to it now and join in :)
My friends and family back home didn't believe me...my brother came out once to visit and...behind my back asked my roommate..."so is it true that california audiences like...cheer and clap during movies"...without hesitation my roommate said..."um...yeah...why?" I thought this was funny...cuz my roommate grew up out here and hasn't known a crowd NOT to cheer and clap during a movie.
Last year...at Superman Returns I recorded the audio of cheers and applause on my cellphone after the Spiderman 3 teaser was played and sent it to my brother...

If i ever move away...this is one thing I'm going to miss.

The people in my theatres are just rude, obnoxious, and feel their horrible opinions must be heard by everyone. :whatever:

Well not all of them but there is always 3 or 4 in every movie i go to.

Unfortuantley for SM -3 i had too many...

Sorry I'm off topic. :p

They reacted okay. It was interesting.

BTW Ebgil Gig what movie is your avvy from? It looks familiar.

Got the old teaser or trailer or whatever you call it. Man that was messed uped, but not as messed up as Venom underusage.

How did I not see this thread b4? Oh well...I just wanted to share...I knew that they were gonna show the preview...i told my friends who bought tickets with me earlier in the week that I saw the FF preview and that when we see it on the big screen they won't be disapointed.

We went to a packed midnite show, 1 of 6 sold out shows at the same theatre. My auditorium had some pretty rabid spidey fans...even someone dressed up as spiderman...

The first preview shown...Harry Potter...it got a burst of cheers and applause from beginning to end...I was thinking to myself...'this looks good for FF2...just wait til they see that' :yay:

then another burst of applause and cheers and laughing...for Shrek 3...ok ok ok...wheres FF2?
Then...Marvel logo comes...up...my friend whispers..." oh $#it is this it?!"

DEAD SILENCE! A theater full of people who either hated the first movie, are rabid Spiderman fans...or are closet FF movie fans. I was so shocked...seriously nothing. My friends turned to me and were...like 'damn that looks great'

but i swear you could hear a pin drop...but, for as unforgiving as the crowd was for the other preview of that hippie movie...silence may be a good thing. Also...maybe people at my screening wanted to hate it...but didn't...and kept it quietly to themselves. I just can't explain it...it was clearly the best preview...we also had bourne ultimatum...and surfs up...so, i don't know if this is a good thing or not...i'm gonna have to go see a packed weekend show to see how other audiences react.
end:dry:
I think silence is good I would interpet that as the crowd realy trying to focus on what they were seeing on the big screen. Maybe they were awe struck by the surfer and their jaws were laying in their laps ha ha

I saw SM3 on Tuesday and the theater we were at showed the old teaser trailer.:down But this was the first time i had actually seen it on the big screen so i wasn't so disappointed.Someone behind us said 'oh..fantastic four' when the Marvel logo showed up and when SS makes his infamous entrance from the Chrsyler Building a man a few seats away said 'Silver Surfer' to his son. That brought a smile to my face.:woot: Most people were quite when it played. At the end you see 'Landing 2007' instead of 'Landing 6 15'.

BTW they had a big screen in the hall showing movie trailers on loop incl the FF2 teaser.

reaction of the theater I was in was very positive for FF trailer. There were oohs and ahhs at appropriate moments that made me aware there were were several in the know people about comics in attendance. My point being, the toughest critics seemed to be pleased.

As for Spider-Man...well that's another subject.

The crowd at my showing loved the trailer. Especially when Johnny & Ben switches powers. After Johnny shouts out "Oh Come On" the entire theater laughed pretty good at that

Well, I just came from the cinema, I saw SM3 and..... there was not trailer! I don't know when are we going to get the trailer or which movie... but I hope it comes soon!!!

the only thing I heard was that someone was definitely gonna go see it.

I was just happy to see it on the big screen.

Took the 4 kiddies to see Spiderman yesterday, no FF trailer. Grrrrrrr...

But there was an enormous Silver surfer poster and the one with the FF/Surfer together.

Crowd reaction was positive murmurring afterwards. Laughs at Johnny switching powers. You have to give credit for the marketing: previews with Night at Museum and Spider-Man 3, all the popcorn containers were FF2 themed, very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"