• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crytek: Crysis not possible on Xbox360/PS3

Yeah, that's a load of crap. There's no reason Crysis couldn't run on a 360, it has all the dx10 features and them some that the game would need, and has more than enough horsepower, and the PS3 could probably run it as well. This time next year we'll be looking at screens for some other next gen game that proves this wrong.

I was going to write a meaningful reply to this thread, but then I forgot what I was thinking and I can't remember what it was. :down::( :mad:

PC has always been slightly ahead of consoles. I remember that IGN compared the PC and X360 versions of Oblivion, and that game is supposed to run smoother on a top end PC. You could probably do Crysis for X360, but I doubt it would be as good as on a really powerful PC. But then again, X360 is cheaper...

I bet it will be ported eventually.

But this is the problem with PC gaming.....you have to pay out the ass to keep it tricked out enough so that you can get to the damn title screen of games like these.

If 360 doesn't get it, oh well, its not like theres a lack of top notch fps' on the way.

It is possible on X360/PS3. He said as it is on the PC its too complex (gameplay) to convert to console so console needs to be less complex (Duh).

The engine is multi platform.

And to top it off he didnt say its not coming out on console, only that right now its only coming out on PC.

:rolleyes:

Its coming out on console. He is just trying to keep the PC gamers happy because they are gettin g upset that all 'their' games are turning up on consoles.

I really hate the idea that console gamers need to have things dumbed down for them. After having done tech support for a painfully long time, I know for a fact that most PC users aren't really sporting a lot of grey matter either. The industry as a whole would be a lot better off if they'd stop dumbing everything down.:down

My comment :confused:

But your poo is really sarcastic too, they other day it sent me a PM saying "Yeah, good going Blas....I smell FAN-TAS-TIC. That's original :rolleyes:"

:( :down

SONY AM PWNT. I'M AFRAID THE SAME UPDATE WON'T BE POSSIBLE WITH THE 'PS3'.

LOL........AND THEY THINK THE PS3 IS BETTER THAN A PC. SORRY 'SONY'.......YOU LITTLE LINUX-BASED WANNABE WON'T CUT IT. :o:down

Mentok said:
Linky no worky :(

IT WORKS JUST FINE. :confused:

ANYWAY, HERE'S WHAT'S IN THE ARTICLE:

"Crysis could be possible on Xbox 360

The main arguement about Crysis not coming to the consoles 360 and PS3 is because on the technical part wouldn't be possible, because DX10 is missing.

There could be a change for the XBOX 360. ATI recently announced that on the 360 it's possible to install DX10 by an update. It could mean a lot of DX10 games coming to 360, especially with XNA and cross over programming. It looks like a clear case when Microsoft is talking about Live anywhere. If new games will use DX10, it would be more then likely that the 360 runs DX10.

Crysis is one of these games. In this video interview the president of Crytek is telling at this moment, in this form it won't be released on other platforms then PC also because it would be technically hard and scattered resources, but with the new information from ATI and DX10 for XBOX 360 that could all change
"

If DX10 graphics are achievable on the 360, then there's a pretty good possibility that 360 games are eventually going to look noticeably (if not significantly) prettier than PS3's.

That game....looks amazing....

Fenrir said:
If DX10 graphics are achievable on the 360, then there's a pretty good possibility that 360 games are eventually going to look noticeably (if not significantly) prettier than PS3's.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THEY DESIGNED THE '360' TO BE "FUTURE PROOF", WHICH MEANS IT SHOULD PERFORM AT LEAST AS WELL AS MID-UPPER LEVEL PC RIGS, FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

THWIP* said:
KEEP IN MIND THAT THEY DESIGNED THE '360' TO BE "FUTURE PROOF", WHICH MEANS IT SHOULD PERFORM AT LEAST AS WELL AS MID-UPPER LEVEL PC RIGS, FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

Yeah, plus the DX10 demos I've seen look eye-poppingly amazing. If you thought Unreal Engine 3 looked good, wait until devs get a hang of DX10. :up:

THWIP* said:
Your quote is driving me nuts. But for political reasons.

So basically this is a confirmation of what everyone knows: 360 > PS3.

WhatsHisFace said:
So basically this is a confirmation of what everyone knows: 360 > PS3.

Kaz Hirai will show you the "power of potential" with his "smaru dicku". :mad:

We are still missing a lot of details on the actual PS3 system as well as the very important GPU (RSX).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"