Famitsu Rates Final Fantasy XII 10/10 10/10 10/10 10/10

Zenien

Reaction score
qyyhom.jpg

Famitsu gave Final Fantasy XII a perfect 10 across the board, netting it 4 perfect 10/10's from each reviewer. The only other games to do so in Famitsu are:

Ocarina of Time
Vagrant Story (You can thank Matsuno for this game as well)
Soul Calibur
The Wind Waker
Nintendogs
Final Fantasy XII

Gameplay Demo
Sony Press Conference 2005
Enjoy the Silence

That's pretty goddamned impressive.
If I don't have to know anything about FFX or FFXII, then I'll get it :up:

Like all Final Fantasy games is completely self contained. But this game DOES have ties to the original Final Fantasy Tactics (Also made by Matsuno and an amazing Strategy RPG).

But you don't need to play Tactics to get it, since they take place in totally different time periods anyway, the only connection is that both worlds are called Ivalice.

Glad you like Gamera. :p

I think it has more to do with Tactics Advanced rather than the original Tactics...

What the bad place? The Japanese like RPGs :confused: :eek: :o :(

ugh, I know it's cliché, but FF is SOOOOOO overrated...

i agree that final fantasy has kind of slipped lately trying to many different things (FF X2, Crystal Chronicles, FF XI, Dirge of Cerberus) but this is going to be classic FF stuff...

...and it is going to rule.

Even if it was FF, no way, not in Japan. You'd see decent sales, but all of the sales going to the PS3 version.

Final Fantasy has slipped altely, but that has no effect on XII, which will probably be amazing. If it's a Matsuno game it will be good, and XII certainly looks good.

The demo was pretty good to, the characters were artificially leveled and put in a hunt mission, but oh well.

Zenien said:
Even if it was FF, no way, not in Japan. You'd see decent sales, but all of the sales going to the PS3 version.
The article suggests there isn't one.

Mr. Credible said:
i agree that final fantasy has kind of slipped lately trying to many different things (FF X2, Crystal Chronicles, FF XI, Dirge of Cerberus) but this is going to be classic FF stuff...

Actually this seems more like an offline FFXI

hippie_hunter said:
Actually this seems more like an offline FFXI

we'll see hunter....................(dramatic pause)......................we'll see.

Mr. Credible said:

If by rule you mean suck like a black hole then yes, yes it will. Classic FF sucked at the same level that VII, VIII, and X did.

if you don't like it that's one thing... but when every final fantasy game (excluding the "spin-off" ones i listed before) gets very high scores, and more or less anyone who's into RPG's claims the Final Fantasy series as their favorite, i'm going to have to dissagree with you.

FF is like Halo.

If you believed the Internet, everybody seemingly hates them yet their some of the biggest sellers around.

Final Fantasy has been slipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"