Products Custom Superman Costume

wow she's really expanded over at lorbondray! awesome stuff. on another note, I should be posting my completed alex ross suit just as soon as the boots come in in the next few weeks.

Does anyone know where i could get a wool knit sweater like the one George Reeves wore for Superman?

Hey there, I've just joined the boards after reading them for a while and being a regular visitor to the main site.

I've ordered a Superman Returns costume off of Ricky at Custom Costumes through eBay and the pictures look totally amazing. He's got some great feedback and some fantastic testimonials, so I really hope my expectations are met.

Has anyone else ordered suits from him? I did read one post in this thread by Streeter1981 that was a little less positive which has got me a bit concerned and I wondered what other people have thought of them?

Look forward to your replies and have loved looking at all your suits, you've done some great work out there!

I ordered the Returns suit from Ricky recently, and it's phenomenal. I was extremely impressed with his work.

Hey randalgraves200, that's what I wanted to hear - it looks so good in the pictures and I'm so impressed by what he's created. What are the boots like and the body suit's durability as they are the two things I read in this thread were the weaker points? Aside from that I've heard nothing but good.

Have you got any photos of your costume? It would be awesome to see them.

The boots are actually the weakest part of the suit as far as movie accuracy is concerned, but they fit well and are good quality. As for the bodysuit itself, I haven't had any issues with it. Then again, I don't wear it on a daily basis, so I don't know how well it would hold up in time. I don't have any pics yet.

Again that's all good to hear, I could tell from the photos the boots weren't 100% movie accurate so no surprises there. As for the suit, perhaps Ricky's production processes have been refined since Streeter1981's post, which was a while ago now. It's good to hear more positive responses to Ricky's work and I can't wait for the costume.

If anyone knows where to get some more accurate boots or how to make them, I'd really like to hear from you.

Agreed, Ricky's suits are great. I agree with randalgraves200 on the boots, but everything else is great, and I've had a good experience with him in terms of customer service/communication. I'm interested in getting the new cape he's made for the Returns costume, so when you get it, please tell us what you think.
As far as more accurate boots, I really haven't seen anything out there. The Ruby's boot covers are pretty accurate, and I've been toying with the idea of using them to make boots.

I think if he were to make movie accurate leather boots it'd probably double the cost of the costume, so I'm just pleased to hear they're well made and the quality is good. There doesn't seem to be anyone out there selling screen accurate boots, so the only option looks to making my own, any tips would be much appreciated if anyone's made their own.

Really looking forward to getting my outfit and can't wait for that knock on the door when it arrives. Kal-El Fan, I'll def let you know what the Returns cape is like when it arrives and will try and post some pictures if I can.

Top thread by the way!

WHERE DO I GET A CUSTOM MADE SUPERMAN/BATMAN Costume?? I will pay good money for something custom. I want mine to be a mix of chris reeve and brandon routh with replacing yellow with gold color. here my call.

WHERE DO I GET A CUSTOM MADE SUPERMAN/BATMAN Costume?? I will pay good money for something custom. I want mine to be a mix of chris reeve and brandon routh with replacing yellow with gold color. here my call.

Hi Dave, maybe it's just me but I'm not 100% percent sure what you're asking for here. Do you want a costume that mixes Superman and Batman? Or do you want either or and if it's a Superman costume you need it to be a mix of Reeve and Routh?

If it's the latter I know Ricky at Custom Costumes is doing something very similar and I'm sure if you contacted him he'll be more than happy to help.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to comment on his work because I'm waiting on delivery of my costume.

I love this thread, it makes me feel better about myself

I want both a batman and a superman. give me a site that I can go to or someone in southern cali.

here is my number

(818) 813-3323

or email me

[email protected]

hit me up

you might want to try asking for help instead of spouting demands.

supes1.jpg

n732710205_1195333_7535.jpg

n732710205_1195332_8460.jpg

Here are mine. The pictures are from a couple of Halloween's ago. Not many pictures, not the best qaulity either, next time I end up going back to my parents I will try the costume on again and maybe take better pictures.

Hey guys
I haven't posted on here in a while but I was just wondering...
I want a costume for a more Alex ross 'sized superman, if you don't know what that is it looks like this...
Alex_Ross_Superman_Batman_Posters.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get spandex in a little larger size?

Well I did some miner changes lately to my superman and if they put Routh like this I'll be happy:yay:

SUPERMAN%20copy.jpg

where did you guys get your customs made? please i really wanna get one this year!!!

Ricky’s Custom Costumes Superman Returns Suit Review

Kal-El Fan asked what Ricky’s new cape was like and I promised I’d get back to him when mine arrived. Then Dave Kocher wanted to someone to “hit him up” with some advice on where to get a top quality Superman costume. I recommended Ricky’s Custom Costumes but couldn’t vouch for the quality of his work, as my costume hadn’t arrived. It has now and now I can…

It’s awesome.

Bodysuit and briefs

The milliskin material is perfect, it looks and feels like some kind of alien space suit, which is the effect they were going for in the movie and the same material they used. I went for the diamond pattern print, which gives the suit its texture and is a must for anyone wanting movie accuracy. The only slight downside is there are a few small streaks on the suit, which I assume is where the material creased slightly during the printing process. While these prevent the suit from being 100% perfect, these things happen and it doesn't make the costume any less impressive. Otherwise the suit fits perfectly and is extremely well made, I’ve made no adjustments and I’ve no concerns about durability. Additionally I had a few bespoke requirements that altered slightly from the standard body suit, which Ricky was happy to do and at no extra cost.

‘S’ Sheild

I have to say this is the best part of the outfit, a Superman suit can live or die by its shield and this doesn’t disappoint. The quality is excellent, to the point where I can’t imagine it being any better. The size, shape and relief are all movie accurate and it’s easily the best shield I’ve seen. It has all the tiny ‘s’s on it, which look sharp, well defined and of a high precision. It’s not quite as shiny as the one in the movie and I’ve even heard one buyer has used a gloss on his. Personally I’d advise against this, I actually prefer it as it is and why risk damaging your investment?

Cape

The costume took a little longer to arrive than originally anticipated but during that time Ricky appears to have changed his capes, so in a way I’ve benefited by this delay. When I ordered the suit, if I remember rightly, the cape was described as being like a ‘heavy duty flag’. Kal-El Fan, I’m not sure what cape you have but the one I received is made from high quality pleather, with a red lining. It looks and feels like real leather and was the item that shocked me most, it’s simply brilliant and makes for the perfect replica. It attaches easily, fits well and more importantly it looks like the one Brandon wore in the film.

Boots

I’d heard these were the weak point of the costume and the least movie accurate. In a way that’s correct, they aren’t an exact copy of the film’s boots but they certainly don’t let the costume down. They’re very well made, durable and are covered in the same pleather as the cape. In my opinion they still look excellent and when I showed my girlfriend, after describing the suit as “amazing”, the boots were the next thing she commented on saying they were “brilliant”. They’re very comfortable to wear, fit perfectly and the ‘S’ on each heel finishes them off nicely. I may stay on the lookout for something movie accurate, like a pair of motorcycle boots that I can spray burgandy but I have to say I’m in no rush to do this.

Belt

If I force myself to be critical, in a way this for me is the least movie accurate. It’s slightly wider than Brandon’s belt and the colour isn’t the same dirty yellow. The material also looks different from the film but this is all being very picky indeed. It still looks fantastic and when it’s on it really completes the costume. It’s strong, well made and fits perfectly. I love it. If I could wear it as a normal, every day belt I would. It’s also still the most movie accurate belt you’ll find for sale on the net.

Quality and Durability

There was one comment I’d read on these boards about the suit’s quality and durability and I’m happy to say these are totally unfounded. Whether or not production processes have improved or Streeter1981 got very unlucky/gave the wrong measurements, I can't say but I can confirm the quality is excellent. I’ve only had the costume for a few days, so I don’t know how it will hold up over time but I don’t foresee any problems. The sewing is precise and professional, nothing is cheaply done and no corners have been cut on the making of the costume.

Customer Service

This is another area where Ricky excels. My emails never went unanswered and he always replied quickly and with plenty of information. He obviously holds this with very high regard and never appeared to get p1ssed off, even when I emailed him for regular updates. As I briefly mentioned the suit took a little longer than 3 weeks to arrive but it was well worth the wait. The delivery date kept getting pushed back and a little doubt crept in. If anyone else is in that position and your suit hasn’t arrived, don’t worry it’s on its way, you will get it and when you do you’ll wonder why you were ever concerned.

Overall

The day the box arrives and you open it up, will be a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life. It may sound sad to some but as a Superman fan, this was quite a moment. At first I thought they’d been a mistake and sent me the real costume. I promise you, that’s how good it looks.

I’ve never bought something like this before or spent such a large sum buying long distance, so I don’t mind admitting that on occasion I was a little concerned. I dealt with Ricky entirely via email, where he took some throrough but basic measurements and then I waited and I waited some more. What if he gets something wrong? What if the suit doesn’t live up to expectation. What if it never turns up at all? Well anyone buying from him can relax. He’s a stand-up, honest guy who provides quality work and strives to provide customers with a quality service. I can’t recommend him highly enough and it's true, it really does look better than in the pictures.

It’s also worth mentioning that I didn’t buy my suit through eBay and I still received a perfect suit, that didn't take advantage of the fact that I wasn't buying through their system.

I hope that’s of help to some people and I’ll happily answer any questions you may have. I know a lot of the people on this thread have made their own suits and cast their own props and I have utmost respect for you. Unfortunately I don’t have the skills, knowledge or tools to build a replica Returns suit but fortunately for me someone else does.

supes1.jpg

n732710205_1195333_7535.jpg

n732710205_1195332_8460.jpg

Here are mine. The pictures are from a couple of Halloween's ago. Not many pictures, not the best qaulity either, next time I end up going back to my parents I will try the costume on again and maybe take better pictures.

are you the guy from trekkers and trekkers 2?

This the costume that I'm gonna have ricky make for me Im gonna do it in a few weeks. I want a costume so i can visit children in the hospital as superman

supermancostume.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"