Cyclops and Emma Frost roles revealed!

I'm sad. I think i'll never be able to see those scenes, because i don't have the special edition of the DVDs and i can't find it on Youtube.

Well, maybe one day...
:eek:

They should be 50 cents on Ebay or something by now.. :p

-TNC

Empire Magazine visited X-men Origins: Wolverine sets and watched the filming of a action-scene in third act where Wolverine invades Stryker's base to release a crowd of young imprisionated mutants. Among them, there's Scott Summers (With bandages covering his eyes, reason why he did not reconized Wolverine when they meet again years later), Emma Frost (Who uses her power to transform in to diamond, as seen in the Comic-Con trailer), among other. With the movie being set 20 years before X-men, they're still teenagers when it happens (I'd bet that it was because of this that Professor X found Scott. It would give a interesting movie, don't'acha think?).

What are your toughts about the idea? Liked it? Hated it? Couldn't care less?

If it wasnt Cyclops and Emma it would be too random kids with powers, might as well be them just as a little Easter egg cameo

Well, X2 was a really long time ago, I can't recall much other than there being a lot longer scene (similar to the scene in the deleted sections where Xavier and Cyclops free themselves in Jason's mind and they go back to the mansion...etc). I believe early on, there was also going to be an origin scene for Cyclops [and Storm] in X2, moved out of the original script from X1. I'm fuzzy on the details.

In X1, I miss the extended bedroom scene with Cyclops and Wolverine ( :eek: ), and the scene between him and Xavier, arguing about Wolverine taking orders.

-TNC

There was supposedly going to be a scene in X1 of Cykes powers manifesting and destroying his highschool bathroom. They made the set but didnt film it, but they reused it when Mystique has the guard in the bathroom (supposedly)

I think that we can all agree that the X-films have pretty much butchered the overall time-line and backstories of the X-Men based on comic book cannon. So, Gambit being older than Cyc is no different that Phoenix being a suppressed multiple personality, or Cyc being killed in the openning minutes of X3... or Bobby Drake being a youthful student with no field experience prior to Wolverine's and Rogue's arrival.

The timeline is really all over the place now, although I never expected it to be exact, nor do I think it ever will be (even when rebooted)... Still, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the last place I expected to find characters like Emma Frost and Gambit.

It was all about money.

Since X-Men unfortunately became the major stepping stone into the success of comic book movies, not as much support was given to the franchise until after all the history and backstory was set by the first film.

I have no doubt in my mind, that if X-Men was made a few years later, like in 2002, with a $120m budget, that it would've been slightly more faithful to the comics (but wouldn't have guaranteed any difference in quality) as with Bryan Singer's vision would not have had to be cut shorter due to the smaller budget and lack of time.

-TNC

Well Singer is like Raimi....

Singer had a draft of showing every character's story, giving each of them their due time instead of having it more on Logan and Rogue. But then look what he did; the movie turned out to be 90 mins...and all about Logan and Rogue.

Ala, Sam Raimi.

I like the movieverse cronology. It's easier to understand. :hehe:

It is as clear as peering into Blob's rippling oceans of cellulite...

How is the timeline clear?

In the first X-Men, Wolverine didn't even know who Sabretooth was, hence him asking Xavier who the frickin' guy was.

^ Not sure who you are asking... But I will say that the X-Men movie timeline is as clear as to me as the sky is to Matt Murdock.

How is the timeline clear?

In the first X-Men, Wolverine didn't even know who Sabretooth was, hence him asking Xavier who the frickin' guy was.

But he doesnt remember anything about Weapon X either except for nightmare scenarios from the adamantium tank. Wolverine is amnesiac when he shacks up with the X-Men.

^ I suppose that the movies will be able to keep continuity among themselves... but they are definitely hell-and-gone from the CB cannon.

I had hoped for better... and by the time we got to X3, I just turned to Maker's Mark.

According to you how many years between Logan's operation in this movie and X1 ?

I had hoped for better... and by the time we got to X3, I just turned to Maker's Mark.

Im not arguing quality, but I dont think their continuity is hard to follow. The one thing yet to be clarified on although has had plenty of speculation and rumors is how Wolvie Sabes ends up as X1 Sabes.

Last edited:
Im not arguing quality, but I dont think their continuity is hard to follow. The one thing yet to be clarified on although has had plenty of speculation and rumors is how Wolvie Sabes ends up as X1 Sabes.

Ugh. The alleged Sarbetooth "issue" is starting to annoy me. I can't imagine the level of rationale needed for some to accept the sudden change from Keaton's Bruce Wayne to Kilmer's Bruce Wayne to Clooney's Bruce Wayne.

Ugh. The alleged Sarbetooth "issue" is starting to annoy me. I can't imagine the level of rationale needed for some to accept the sudden change from Keaton's Bruce Wayne to Kilmer's Bruce Wayne to Clooney's Bruce Wayne.

Thats definitely not the same level of change. Its not just changing the actor, the characters are barely recognizable compared to each other. In general, I could really care less, but there has been both speculation and rumors about working the change into the story and the fact that I was talking about the continuity of the series as a whole being and Sabes being the only gap in logic at least at this point.

Sabertooth was just poorly written an conceived for X1... I would say that they are rebooting the character. We will likely never see the X1 Sabertooth again.

Sabertooth was just poorly written an conceived for X1... I would say that they are rebooting the character. We will likely never see the X1 Sabertooth again.

I totally agree. X1's Sabertooth came across more as a buffoon slash werewolf. This new one looks cunning, manipulative, dangerous, edgy, calculating, but still has the animalistic element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"