The Force Awakens Daisy Ridley as Rey - Part 3

She is everything I could have wished for, and much more. :atp:

which is why she's the star of the new SW trilogy. :o

and the rightful heir to the Skywalker legacy. :o

Kira Rey Mysterio Skywalker. :o

:oldrazz:

Daisy Ridley & John Boyega Star Wars Rap
[YT]/zMLvtlDCNlc[/YT]

Happy birthday Daisy, may you continue to be adorably awesome.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CftA6fSWIAAMBKE.jpg

Why, am I not surprised to see this. I can see it now:

Rey: "Do I really have to carry you everywhere, you're kind of heavy?"

Luke: "Learn this way did I. Also learn, must you."

Rey: "But it's kind of hurting my back."

Luke: "Toughen up you must. Lose my hand, did I. Nothing compared to that, this is."

Rey: "Why are you talking like that?"

Luke: "Talk like this, my own mentor did. Getting into character, am I."

Rey (grumbles and mutters under her breath): "Stupid, it sounds. Ridiculous, this is."

Luke: "What was that, you say?"

Rey: "Nothing, umm, may the Force be with us and all that."

wfySiKg.jpg

Is that real? Like...It looks too good to be photo manipulated. :p

I'm betting that it is real, Mark's been teasing a "surprise" for Daisy's birthday for like a week now. And given what I've seen/heard about her workout routine, she probably could carry him around like that for at least a little while (the woman is in fantastic shape).

that picture of Mark and Daisy is epic!!

I love the look on her face. "Nah, I got this." She can apparently deadlift over 200 pounds after all.

I can't wait to see Rey undergoing her Jedi training with Luke, especially in the ways of Force Improv.

Luke: "Okay. Second week. More Advanced. I want you to Be a Table, Be a Sportscar, Ice cream cone."

Rey ( thinking ): "And I dug right down to the bottom of my soul, To see what I had inside. Yes, I dug right down to the bottom of my soul. And I tried, I TRIED."

Luke: "Ok Rey, what do you feel?"

Rey: "I feel......nothing. I'm feeling nothing!"

Luke: "You feel nothing?? That can get you expelled."

Rey: "You say I should feel something. But I feel nothing, except the feeling that this bull**** is absurd!"

Rey (thinking): "Hey, maybe it's genetic. They don't have ice cream cones back on Jakku."

Brownie points to anyone who can identify the song and Broadway show this is based on. ;)

She is the most down to earth actress, I've ever seen. The more and more I watch her press interviews the more and more I love her. Quite the quirky personality.

Looking forward to see her character progress in Episode 8!

Dressing The Galaxy - iTunes Exclusive

press release said:
iTunes Extras is the ultimate way for fans to get instant access to a film’s bonus content — along with any additional Extras content, like ‘Dressing the Galaxy,’ that becomes available even after the film’s initial digital release.

For Costume Designer Michael Kaplan and his team there were many elements to be considered with designing the look for Daisy Ridley as Rey. “We knew she was going to be in a world of men doing things like climbing and dealing with rocket parts and living this Spartan life, so we had to make her practical, but we also wanted a glimmer of femininity about her,” says Kaplan. “I also knew there were going to be sandstorms and dust, so I wanted the character to be in light colors. It also felt right for her emotionally and for the desert. It also felt very Star Wars especially when you look back at Luke and Leia.”

Continuing, he says, “We eventually gave her a wrap, which could protect her face against dust storms. Everything is there for a reason, but it gives her a very beautiful image when all the pieces are put together. Rey wears the costume throughout the film, although we had 25 copies made and about 12 pairs of boots.”

We first encounter Rey as she rides across the desert on this large, almost tractor-like speeder, her face covered with her wrap and goggles. It is intentional that audiences won’t know whether she’s a man, woman or even an alien. “J.J. [Abrams] wanted her to be mysterious,” continues Kaplan “So she has this frog mouth and strange goggles. You really don’t know what you’re looking at, and then as she unwraps her face you see that it’s this young girl. Fans can learn more about the origins of Rey’s goggles when they check out “Dressing the Galaxy.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"