Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by R_Hythlodeus, Jul 19, 2012.

1. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Hope this doesn't cause the comics to phase Janet out.

2. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

In the comics they can always expand on the movies continuity or alter it completely.

3. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Peggy's nursing home is in New Jersey or Pennsylvania & Pym is located in California so I don't think he would be keeping Jan in a nursing home over 5,000 miles away from home. Maybe Pym has been keeping Janet's body cryogenically frozen away in secret somewhere & working on a way to cure her or bring her back.

4. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Unlikely.

Hope is possibly becoming Wasp in the movies because Janet isn't around. There is no reason get rid of Janet in the comics when she is still active.

Hope in comics is a villain.

5. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Jane Seymour for Janet.

6. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

She's too old for Janet of the past plus they are going to be hiding whomever is playing younger Janet's face behind a mask.

Shame they couldn't have just cast an actress for younger Janet & have a normal flashback scene out of costume between her & a younger Hope before going off on the mission that would lead to her death, it would have made Janet's death scene that much more emotional.

7. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

We will only see Janet's eyes. Its likely she'll be wearing a mask like Ant-Man. No need for fan-casting.

8. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

She is not too old for Janet from the past if they do her like they did Micheal Douglass (in any flashback using cgi to de-age). And she would be a great modern day Janet as well for future projects (this is all assuming she is in a position to come back).

#833 Tymminator, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. Whiskey Tango Registered

You might consider spoiler blocking that

10. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Michael Douglas said in an interview that if there's a sequel and he'd want his wife to play Janet if [BLACKOUT] she's brought back from the Microverse[/BLACKOUT]

11. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I don't think they could ever make her look bad.

12. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I just don't find CZJ as hot as she used to be. However if Janet stopped aging or her aging slowed down while in the microverse I suppose they would have to cast someone much younger than Douglas's Pym to play her if they ever brought Janet Van Dyne back in present day so CZJ would be a good idea in that aspect. It would be one of the biggest obstacles to bring a Janet Van Dyne back that hasn't aged in 30+ years while Douglas's Pym has aged. It would be a Captain America to Peggy Carter type scenario in which case the love of Cap's life has aged he hasn't aged in 70 something years. It would be a very emotional story with an older Pym & younger Janet.

#837 <(o_o)>, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  13. TheVileOne Registered

Hayley Lovitt is credited as Janet for this film.

However, I doubt if they explored Janet again, Lovitt would reprise the role since she didn't have any lines and we never saw her face. Plus, Hope is there.

14. Lobo Liv is Life

I actually really like that idea.

15. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Would be interesting to see how old they'd go for Wasp were they to bring her back... I'd imagine they'd want someone closer to Douglas' age, although they could explain that people don't age in the Quantum realm.

Anyway...

Meryl Streep for Janet. :o

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think Zeta Jones could work as Janet. It's not like Hayley Lovitt was even really seen properly. She was just a stand in. You couldn't even see Wasp's face in the flashback.

Douglas said it would be nice to do something together with Catherine, so this could be a good project for them.

17. Silvermoth Avenger

I thought of that too. I would be happy with phasing out hank but not Janet.

Can't wait to see wasp in action soon!

18. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I don't want to see Hank or Janet phased out in the comics. I think both characters have a lot to offer and good stories in them if they are written by the right writer.

I doubt they would get rid of Janet in the comics anyway. If anything they should be giving Janet a bigger push in the comics.

19. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Plus I think that Hope is basically Janet in the MCU.

20. Mike Murdock Registered

I wouldn't be surprised if Hank Pym gets a more supervisory role than active role. But I doubt Janet will be phased out. I could see Hope appearing more, though (maybe a redemption story). I really don't see a general push to make the comics conform with the movies. The comics and movie worlds look quite different right now (female Thor, Sam Wilson as Captain America, etc.).

21. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

While it was disappointing that she wasn't really in the movie, I loved the small glimpse we got to see of her and really hope she factors into a sequel.

22. Shazam Registered

I think Janet is still alive in sub-atomica.......... I'd wager that she has not aged in that place, as well.

#847 Shazam, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  23. Macho Mantis Registered

That would make sense. Hank did say that time and space have no meaning in the quantum realm.

24. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

How is she able to breathe with no oxygen in the microverse unless something intervened like the entity known as Eternity & took her to a nearby planet? Maybe Jan could have been pregnant when she went missing & had the child while in the micro-verse & it will play a role in a future Marvel movie or she started a relationship with a micro-verse inhabitant & had other children.

25. cph9fa Registered

Well, if time and space are truly meaningless, then it's as if no time passed for her at all. From her perspective, she'd've only been gone for an instant. Which means she could be retrieved into any time or place.

The only reason Scott was able to return to the right time and space was because he heard Cassie calling for him, and love is the only force that can transcend time and space, or something like that. They explained this all in Interstellar. :hehe: