Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by R_Hythlodeus, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Evan Drew Registered

Is it possible that I am the only one that was on the edge of his seat hoping for a glimpse of a Micronaut while Scott was traveling? And I agree with a poster or two above. I thought I saw a female figure as well.

Not sure if Marvel still has any rights, but I really enjoyed those books.

p.s. Do I need to turn in my card now?

2. Macho Mantis Registered

Like the Nexus in Star Trek: Generations.

:hehe:

3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

*cough* I actually think the real reason was "because he actually had a secondary supply of Pym particles he could hook up to his suit". Going subatomic burns out the full normal supply, leaving you with no way to grow even if you retain enough awareness to choose to try.

4. cph9fa Registered

I'd almost forgotten about that, but yeah.

Well, yes, that too of course. That gave him the ability to physically exit the Quantum Realm. But how do you find when and where to exit, if time and space are meaningless? That's what I was getting at.

I'll even theorize that there's an aspect of mind-over-matter in the Quantum Realm, and this will be what Dr. Strange needs to learn to control -- not because he physically enters the realm via shrinking, but his consciousness might mentally enter it. The Quantum Realm might end up being like some kind of Astral Plane.

5. Voltron Registered

I had the same person in mind! Jane or Barbara Hershey would be great opposite Douglas. I don't want CZJ since she's only 9 years older than Lilly and doesn't seem Janet-like at all.

6. Shazam Registered

Who says there's not oxygen? And she did have a helmet too....

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Remember how Spider-Woman was trapped in the astral plane in the comics at the end of her original series, and was seemingly dead (which I thought was a real downer to end her series on)? But the Avengers and Doctor Strange had to actually rescue her from there to reunite her with her physical body (with some of the Avengers journeying there in person to battle other forces preventing them from saving her).

Well what if, instead of Spider-Woman in the MCU, Dr Strange is needed to rescue the Wasp instead? That could form part of Ant-Man 2, with Scott, Hank and Hope needing to team up with Strange to save her. If Doctor Strange is a huge hit, then pairing him with Ant-Man for a team up sequel would not only kill two birds with one stone by allowing us to effectively get a sequel to both movies at once but would also be a boost to Ant-Man and anyone sceptical of him still because of his lower recognition.

Plus it would be the opportunity to have a story which would be compatible with both characters without seeming too out of place for either.

8. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Janet could be in stasis while beeing in Sub-Atomica. Or chopping wood for 50 years in the Nexus like Kirk. ;)

9. Frodo Registered

I'd get Catherine Zeta Jones for the Janet role. She'd be the right age, and she does look like Lilly.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

She even had the same Waspish hairstyle at one point:

[​IMG]

:p

Or two points if you really want to go back further:

[​IMG]

11. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Hmm I dunno if she can do it...I'd rather have Jane Seymour...though hard to say if Marvel will bring back the character.

12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Jane Seymour not only looks too old but she has this slightly hammy, over-the-top way of acting, especially when doing an American accent. And if you're going to get someone of that kind of age, at least get someone who seems more like Jackie Kennedy, which is what Janet was kind of like - the Jackie Kennedy of the Marvel Universe.

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

‘Ant-Man’ Concept Art Shows Off Alternate Costume Designs for The Wasp

http://www.slashfilm.com/wasp-concept-art/

[​IMG]

I quite like the 2nd design, but I would like her to have a clear helmet instead of a full face plate.

14. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I like the 3rd design it looks more alien like. I hope the new Wasp suit looks just as cool as some of these others when completed but would hate for Evangeline's beautiful face to be hidden behind a full mask either way while she's the Wasp.

15. Loki882 Registered

Given the MCU's track record on this front, we'd still see her face plenty regardless of whether she wears a mask/helmet or not. Cap has a mask, IM and War Machine have helmets, Starlord has a mask, etc and yet we constantly see their faces after all.

Oh and I like the one on the far right the best.

16. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Although to be fair, Ant-Man and Wasp actually need their masks

17. Siby Registered

Can Ant-Man and Wasp indefinitely change their size or does the container of Pym Particle go empty after certain number of uses?

18. SomeOldGuy Registered

Yup, they run out after a while. That was how Cross was going to make bank, by selling the suit to Hydra and then supplying them with fuel.

19. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Whether dead or alive why didn't Janet automatically grow back to human size if her Pym Particles ran out & she could no longer force herself to stay micro-size?

#869 <(o_o)>, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  20. SomeOldGuy Registered

Janet's issue was some technobabble about her regulator. I can only suppose that after a certain point you can't get big again without the "big" particles Hank gave Scott in those handy-dandy shrink 'n' grow shrunken.

21. Loki882 Registered

Essentially the answer is "because the plot needed her not to." It's one of those things in the film that's not explain/clarified all that well.

22. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

The movie established that when something's size is changed is stays that way unless changed again by more particles. Do you think Hank would keep a shrunken tank in his pocket if the thing could just pop back to normal size at any moment?

No, it doesn't work like that.

23. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

It's clarified fine. When things are shrunk or enlarged they stay that way until changed again with more particles.

Run out of particles and you're stuck at whatever size they left you.

A permanently small soldier wouldn't be nearly as useful or formidable as one who could change size at will.

24. Frodo Registered

Yeah. She could do the part in her sleep.

25. Majik1387 Registered

Going by the timeline, I would not expect an older actress to play Wasp. The mention of time having no bearing in the Microverse was pretty much a hint at not only Janet's return, but also that they most likely will go with a younger actress.