Danny Elfman Scoring Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.

batlovescatDC

Tragic Love
Reaction score
Who do you think the composer should be? What direction do you think the music should go in (light hearted or darker toned)?

I saw that it needs to be a major mixture of both to fit different characters and parts of the film, and the composer should be Michael Giacchino because he can really pull off both and he hasn't scored a superhero film yet so he'll have a fresher take on it.

Last edited:
I'll use my stock answer for everything score related, Daft Punk.

Either Steve Jablonsky [YT]http://youtu.be/nff3Bj09glk[/YT]
or John Murphy
[YT]http://youtu.be/IzpcK_yAs_4[/YT]

Last edited:
Giacchino. He did a great score for John carter. Could see him doing really well with Justice League

it depends on tone for justice league imo

is it dark and serious like tdk and upcoming man of steel or fun and fantastcal of star trek

Don't care about the composer, but they would be fools if they don't use a remastered version of the original JL DCAU theme somewhere in the film. My all-time favorite TV theme, only behind the original Pokémon theme.

It'll ultimately comes down to who directs. Usually a few directors always collaborate with the same composer on all of their films... so if we get someone like that, that composer will do.

I'm hoping Zimmer and his MV collaborators get passed on for this film. I want something with some true thematic weight and a big orchestra. If the right director gets picked, I'd like someone like Alexandre Desplat to score JL (if the director he wants to work with gets JL). The man is flexible and he really knows his way around an orchestra.

Out of the choices, I think Newton Howard, Silvestri, Horner and Shore will be best.
Out of all composers ever, I have wanted to hear Goldsmith do this.
Morricone could also be very interesting

Out of the choices, I think Newton Howard, Silvestri, Horner and Shore will be best.
Out of all composers ever, I have wanted to hear Goldsmith do this.
Morricone could also be very interesting

Sadly, Morricone only scores dramas and thrillers in his native Italy now. He's a great composer though.

Goldsmith would be the perfect choice, if he was still with us. Very versatile and the action music was always top-notch.

Goldsmith would be the perfect choice, if he was still with us. Very versatile and the action music was always top-notch.
I have heard a couple of surrealistic soundtracks from him. Really great. But he could also compose heroic themes, like Star Trek. It kinda has a John Williams feel to it :)

Who composed the original JLA theme, btw?

I pretty much just picked ones that I've liked what I've heard from them but the others may be valid choices as well, I just didn't know their names by heart.

But the sound of the JL score should be something close to the Lord of the Rings for the slow and emotional songs and the new Star Trek movie (I think it was 2010 or 2011?) soundtrack for the faster, more upbeat songs. The Dark Knight score was great but the intense tone the majority of the songs give off don't fit with my vision of how the music would go for this movie.

Steve Jablonsky

Loved the score from Transformers.

Who composed the original JLA theme, btw?

If you're talking animated series, Lolita Ritmanis composed the theme. She also co-scored the series with Michael McCuiston and Kristopher Carter.

All three of them were proteges of the late, great Shirley Walker. She wrote the themes for both Batman and Superman animated series (and she shared composer duties on both with all three). Not to mention she co-orchestrated and conducted Elfman's score for the '89 Batman.

I miss Walker. Her score for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was truly something to behold.

Ah, ok :) Like I said, that theme is really majestic, and fits the League perfectly!

Elfman or Giachinno would be superb. No Zimmer please.

Just as long as the composer does a memorable job (unlike Silvestri's work on The Avengers), I don't care who it is to be honest.

I want to be optimistic and say it will be someone new and different, but I can't help but think Zimmer would get the job.

Just as long as the composer does a memorable job (unlike Silvestri's work on The Avengers), I don't care who it is to be honest.

I'd say he did a pretty memorable job with the main theme (the one in the title credits as well as the "assembled circle" scene. But I'm sure it's just a matter of opinion.

Although I don't understand why people don't want a rehash of the Dark Knight soundtrack, but Zimmer himself does good work and I'd love for him to do the score.

I'd say he did a pretty memorable job with the main theme (the one in the title credits as well as the "assembled circle" scene. But I'm sure it's just a matter of opinion.

I'm sorry, but his work was on par with elevator music and as serviceable as Avatar's script. At no point in the film did I acknowledge any theme. It was completely nonexistent to me.

Although I don't understand why people don't want a rehash of the Dark Knight soundtrack, but Zimmer himself does good work and I'd love for him to do the score.

I might be a huge fan of Zimmer's work, but I don't want him back. While he made a few outstanding tracks for TDKR (especially Bane's theme), the rest were bland and uninspiring to me. His best work was featured in BB and TDK.

Oh, you did NOT say that. Silvestri's Avengers score was far better than several of the previous MCU scores, and even trumps Zimmer's autopilot scores for TDK and TDKR.

That doesn't mean I want Silvestri for JL. But I don't want Zimmer or his former employees working on the film too. I really want a melodic, memorable theme for JL... and Zimmer doesn't do that often.

We need someone fresh and established.

Oh, you did NOT say that. Silvestri's Avengers score was far better than several of the previous MCU scores, and even trumps Zimmer's autopilot scores for TDK and TDKR.

Oh, yes I did. Silvestri's work on The Avengers was lackluster. And for you to claim it trumps "I'm Not A Hero", "Harvey Two-Face", "Aggressive Expansion", "Like A Dog Chasing Cars" and "Why So Serious?" is preposterous. It's not even close. Those tracks complimented the scenes, and added to the drama.

That doesn't mean I want Silvestri for JL. But I don't want Zimmer or his former employees working on the film too. I really want a melodic, memorable theme for JL... and Zimmer doesn't do that often.

We need someone fresh and established.

That we agree on. I want Clint Mansell (The Fountain, Requiem for a Dream) or John Murphy (28 Weeks Later, Sunshine), or even James Horner.

Had to vote for my main man Zimmer. Silvestri who I loved on films such as CATFA and Beowulf. His score flat out failed on the avengers. The score was bland and uninspired. Also, who was it Horner on Spiderman outside of Promises that soundtrack also fell flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"