Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
First couple seconds of Episode 9. Yelled ****ing yes! :awesome:

Frankly with the exceptions of the old Hulk TV show, Batman's 60's show, Spider-man's 60's cartoon, Williams's Superman score and Elfman's Batman score there really aren't any other superhero shows or movies with memorable musical themes. Scores today have jettisoned the simple but effective motifs for complexity and complexity isn't easily memorable. The most memorable scores are fairly simple.

Say what you will about Zimmer's Man of Steel score but I can hum it just fine and recall it's very simple cue. It's way softer and not done in a triumphant march fashion, sure, but I find it so easy to remember...

The horrible ASM2 movie also had a jewel of a OST. Zimmer again. Electro's suite is one of my favorite pieces for a character and even if I don't normally like dubstep, the combination they went for really melded into something amazing to my ears. It recalled me of the 90s Spiderman cartoon with it's electronic mixed with orchestral vibe.

Speaking of this show's theme, I'm glad they went with a more complex cue and I can whistle it just fine. It's not "memorable" as in a set of very clear notes that you can hum or chant like GoT or Williams' Superman theme but it conveys a mood and it's the right mood for this crime drama series.

In general, I feel that openings with a popular song or even any song with sung lyrics is cool for the first or second time you see/hear it but it dies out quicker and becomes overplayed soon after. Soon you just end up skipping the opening altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88