Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good trailer. Can't believe we're so close to the new season.

You know why Daredevil is not a part of the Avengers?
Because he doesn't work with Vision.

I caught myself actually vigorously applauding that preview. I can't wait for the Elektra half to drop.

The big edge Daredevil has is that his history is so strong. They can pull a ton of great arcs and characters to play with and his "power base" and tone are made for Netflix. One of the many thing I didn't like about Jessica Jones was the fact that her super strength fluctuated and made no sense in that series. With DD, Elektra and Punisher we have the perfect street level trio.

I'm a little concerned with anything as good as season one trying to follow it's own high water mark but it looks like season two is exactly the right direction to go. You can't top a Wilson Fisk so why not go with complex anti-heroes one BIG darker shade to the right of gray?

And then in season 3 you tackle the all out mass murderer that is Bullseye.

Guys! There's a debate going on in youtube on who said the line "one bad day away" first.

The more prominent one is from The Killing Joke but people are implying Daredevil did it first.

Just wondering if anyone of you know if this is true and which issue it appeared? I'm just curious.

Are we sure the use of that line in the show wasn't a reference to the Killing Joke?

Just because it's technically a marvel shows doesn't mean they can't have other references or nods.

Are we sure the use of that line in the show wasn't a reference to the Killing Joke?

Just because it's technically a marvel shows doesn't mean they can't have other references or nods.

While, yes, they can reference other comics that aren't Marvel ones but I feel like they wouldn't ever want to reference a Batman story/line in a Marvel show.

Is this a line from The Killing Joke? Didn't know that.

Guys! There's a debate going on in youtube on who said the line "one bad day away" first.

The more prominent one is from The Killing Joke but people are implying Daredevil did it first.

Just wondering if anyone of you know if this is true and which issue it appeared? I'm just curious.

I certainly don't recall it anywhere, but I haven't read every issue between them.

How does Punisher manage to get the better of DD and seemingly overpower him? DD fought ninjas in the last season and also has his radar senses and acrobatics. He should be able to avoid the Punisher's attacks.

And was it in the previous version of this thread that people were discussing how it could possibly end for Punisher? There's not really much place for that to go unless DD does just end up looking the other way or Punisher relocates. But it would be nice if Punisher remained in New York. The only thing is that NY isn't quite as violent a place as it was in the 70s and 80s, except for maybe this version of Hell's Kitchen.

I do hope he gets his skull and proper hairstyle eventually though. At the moment he seems more like he could be just a generic crazed ex-military veteran who has snapped, the likes of whom you could easily find in a show like CSI or other police procedurals. He could easily have been someone on CSI:NY whom Gary Sinise would've had to face off against. I'm pretty sure there was a story like that, as a matter of fact.

I certainly don't recall it anywhere, but I haven't read every issue between them.

The only place I recall it is a quote from Steven DeKnight (or someone) last year on Comic Con where they used this exact quote to describe their take on Matt Murdock.

Breaking Bad really made the idea of a 'half measure' vs. 'full measure' a full concept!

How does Punisher manage to get the better of DD and seemingly overpower him? DD fought ninjas in the last season and also has his radar senses and acrobatics. He should be able to avoid the Punisher's attacks.

I can imagine the Punisher being far more brutal than anyone Matt's fought up until now.

This is true, it certainly seems like last season was throwing an homage to Begins with the car garage sequence.

I thought of TKJ when I heard that line too, it's the comic I most associate with that idea.

I can imagine the Punisher being far more brutal than anyone Matt's fought up until now.

The Kingpin was brutal. Remember what he did to that guy's head with the car door? I don't really imagine the Punisher doing that. And that Hand ninja was pretty brutal when he fought Matt. So was Kingpin towards DD after that fight.

If Punisher were as brutal as Kingpin or the Hand Ninja and fought DD with the ferocity and ruthlessness of either of those two, then he's not simply someone taking the law into his own hands anymore but an outright villain. DD isn't a criminal, but if Punisher were willing to slam a car door onto his head, then that goes beyond just taking out criminals.

Well, we have only seen snippets from their fight, so maybe Punisher is using weapons against him, or maybe Daredevil is already hurt when they fight, like the first time he fought Kingpin. I doubt that Punisher is gonna take Daredevil in straight hand-to-hand combat.

Well, we have only seen snippets from their fight, so maybe Punisher is using weapons against him, or maybe Daredevil is already hurt when they fight, like the first time he fought Kingpin. I doubt that Punisher is gonna take Daredevil in straight hand-to-hand combat.

Last edited:
Punisher looks perfect in this. "You're one bad day away from being me" was such a great line.

Punisher looks perfect in this. "You're one bad day away from being me" was such a great line.

My thoughts exactly !!!

love the Elektra tease I will avoid the 2nd trailer since were only a month away

The Kingpin was brutal. Remember what he did to that guy's head with the car door? I don't really imagine the Punisher doing that. And that Hand ninja was pretty brutal when he fought Matt. So was Kingpin towards DD after that fight.

If Punisher were as brutal as Kingpin or the Hand Ninja and fought DD with the ferocity and ruthlessness of either of those two, then he's not simply someone taking the law into his own hands anymore but an outright villain. DD isn't a criminal, but if Punisher were willing to slam a car door onto his head, then that goes beyond just taking out criminals.

Kingpin never set foot on his rival gangs home turf and single handedly slaughtered them all with military precision and enough fire power to supply a small army.

Well the stuff between Karen and Matt about creating Frank Castle is similar to dialogue scenes from the B: TAS and the Nolan Batman films.

Last edited:
Twas a great trailer. I'm so pumped. This confrontation excites me more than even CW.

Yeah me too. I'm looking foward too this more than CW and BVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"