Daredevil reboot in the near future?

That's only a problem for Marvel insofar as anybody actually *can* compete with them. So far, the only people with a demonstrated ability to do so are Christopher Nolan and the Sony Spider-man movies. That's way far away from actually achieving saturation based on super hero films alone. Other people releasing crappy super hero films just results in Marvel steamrolling them.
Like I said Marvel is going to be the films that do well. The thing is though that a whole bunch of crap superhero movies will make it harder for superhero movies with good ideas to break through and be successful. That's why Marvel isn't going to contribute to that because they know it can backfire on them.

There is already a great template for an MCU Daredevil film: Mark Waid's current run on the character. Its dark, yet it blends in with the rest of the MU perfectly.

If you do a DD film wrong, he could end up looking like a watered down version of the darker Batman flicks. I think a DD movie based of Waid's run would be something we're not seeing in current comic films.

I still say a more faithful and plot driven film based on Frank Miller's run on Daredevil is the way to go. So much potential for a great film.

Who is your Kingpin, ShaneHelms? Looks like Javier Bardem.

IMHO the best bet for Daredevil is a procedural TV series.

Make Daredevil Marvel's TV version of Arrow.

Something I finished this morning.
Your choice for Frank is perfect, but I don't think they should be in one movie together, at least not in their first go
Who's your Elektra? And Karin?

Camilla Belle is Elektra and Carey Mulligan is Karen Page.

When I put Tom Jane as Frank in the line up it was inspired by a cameo in Daredevil#181. Possibly setting up something for a sequel.

Last edited:
Great issue, and the idea of a cameo is fine :up:

I still think it would be a bad idea to have Bullseye, Kingpin and Elektra in the first reboot film, you want to make this film different from the last one and having the exact same cast of villains from the previous film doesn't do that. Have Kingpin for sure, but give him different henchmen for his first film or have him involved in a gang war with Owl or something.

I agree with that. I just think the casting itself was good. I would greatly prefer setting up a strong relationship with Matt and Karen in the first film, in case they decide to go down the dark path later. Karen needs to be a real character and not a glorified extra if her fate is going to have any weight to it in later films.

IMHO the best bet for Daredevil is a procedural TV series.

Make Daredevil Marvel's TV version of Arrow.
watching arrow makes me wish marvel took DD more mature darker approach to a possible tv series but i think they would make it light hearted like all marvel studios films and even agents of shield tv show is the same tone

imagine this but daredevil

Last edited:
I agree with that. I just think the casting itself was good. I would greatly prefer setting up a strong relationship with Matt and Karen in the first film, in case they decide to go down the dark path later. Karen needs to be a real character and not a glorified extra if her fate is going to have any weight to it in later films.

So what would be a good story for a rebooted DD, should they do a gang war story or does that need set up? Should they go other villains, but many DD villains can be the Big Bad of a movie on their own?

There is already a great template for an MCU Daredevil film: Mark Waid's current run on the character. Its dark, yet it blends in with the rest of the MU perfectly.

If you do a DD film wrong, he could end up looking like a watered down version of the darker Batman flicks. I think a DD movie based of Waid's run would be something we're not seeing in current comic films.

How would you do a Mark Waid DD film? I think Mark Waid's run is working well, because it contrasts with the darker stuff previous writers have done, I don't think it would work as well without that contrast, which doesn't work in film. Really having DD fight Klaw in the recent comics works, because Klaw is an established Marvel villain, but that doesn't work on film, because he is not a DD villain and would have to be established else where to work. DD vs. Klaw story lines are not a good basis for a movie. Which Waid story lines in particular would work as a movie, because most them seem connected with years of Marvel continuity that wouldn't be present in the movies.

Last edited:
I feel Kingpin should be the Emperor in the first film, mentioned but not seen. There are rumors that one man controls all the crime in NY, but has lieutenants in different areas. The lieutenant could be The Owl with a henchmen like Gladiator.Save Kingpin and Bullseye for future films.

I think Bullseye should be saved but Kingpin should be around every film.

I feel Kingpin should be the Emperor in the first film, mentioned but not seen. There are rumors that one man controls all the crime in NY, but has lieutenants in different areas. The lieutenant could be The Owl with a henchmen like Gladiator.Save Kingpin and Bullseye for future films.

I think Owl works better as a rival to Kingpin, then trying to make him a lieutenant of Kingpin. Owl is really just not that interesting on his own and I think its easier to do things with him if he is contrasted with Kingpin, Kingpin is the calm, cool, in control crime boss, who relies on subtle manipulation while Owl has a nasty temper, spills blood at the drop of a hat and maintains control through brute force. Kingpin is more dangerous in the long term, but Owl is more dangerous in the short term, which traps DD in the middle if there is a war between these two.

I've never really cared for the character. In the scope of the MCU a guy defending a neighborhood just doesn't appeal to me much.

Personal tastes though. If they want to reboot the character I hope they make a better film for DD fans than the first one.

I really think that either Daredevil or The Punisher should be TV shows and I agree with ShaneHelms that Michael C. Hall and Thomas Jane should be the ones portraying them....

I've never really cared for the character. In the scope of the MCU a guy defending a neighborhood just doesn't appeal to me much.

Personal tastes though. If they want to reboot the character I hope they make a better film for DD fans than the first one.

Except there is nothing wrong with having off beat, crime noir, stories in the Marvel Universe, not every story has to be about saving the Earth and stopping aliens and world conquerors. There is a room for both type of stories and it would be boring if there was only one type of story in these movies.

Except there is nothing wrong with having off beat, crime noir, stories in the Marvel Universe, not every story has to be about saving the Earth and stopping aliens and world conquerors. There is a room for both type of stories and it would be boring if there was only one type of story in these movies.

I agree 100% - it wouldn't shock me at some point to see characters like Daredevil or Punisher receive their own television shows either. There's so many great characters in Marvel's arsenal that work as street-level heroes that it would be a waste not to tap into that. Depending on the success of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., it may be the impetus to start developing other concepts as TV shows.

i always felt rhona mitra would make a great elektra
untitled4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"