Daredevil reboot in the near future?

That's a picture of Michelle Williams as Karen Page not Carey Mulligan....

Your exactly right. I typed Carey Mulligan by mistake because she was my first choice and lack of sleep most likely.

I really think that either Daredevil or The Punisher should be TV shows and I agree with ShaneHelms that Michael C. Hall and Thomas Jane should be the ones portraying them....

Appreciate your saying, but that is not Michael C. Hall in the photo cast as Daredevil. It is Chris Pine.

Last edited:
I like it. Who would you have play Foggy, and, if the story permits it, Turk?

I was leaning towards Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but I'm still thinking on him. Likewise with Turk.

Also to touch on the issue of the comments posted on the topic of my character cast lineup being all used in the one film. I never envisioned it that way, This was merely a fun lineup I put together showing who would be casted as the characters I choose to use if I were making a Daredevil film and possibly a sequel. Which would allow use of other characters I have casted.

I'd say I would pull plot elements from Man Without Fear Mini-Series by Miller and Romita Jr. and select issues of Miller's run on Daredevil with the except of Born Again, for the script storyline. I would feature Elektra, Kingpin and Bullseye. I think some people believe having all three characters in one film was a mistake in the first Daredevil film, but I blame that on too many characters with not enough time to develop them. I still believe it can work and work well with the plot structured better for the presence of all three, which the first Daredevil failed to do.

Last edited:
What directors would you guys and gals like to see at the helm for a Daredevil reboot?

Hopefully Marvel will fold all their street level heroes into the DD movie - guys like Punisher and Moon Night would complement him nicely - and leave them out of the Avengers.

I would be down for David Fincher. I would have to think on this, but he is one I have always considered in taking on a Daredevil film.

I would say Snyder, even if that sounds very cliché and unspired. But it can't be denied his films look gorgeous and he could capture the gritty side of Daredevil the characters he interacts along with Hell's Kitchen and the city of New York too. He already accomplished this with Watchmen mainly with Rorschach. Though toned down quite a lot with Daredevil's vicious behavior in handing judgment out himself and allowing a man to die from being run over by a train, rapist or not. Daredevil is straight as an arrow sometimes the point of being naïve with his strong morals and ethics on justice. He's a lawyer for god's sake! I don't know what the hell was going through MSJ's mind when he wrote that, filmed it and used it in the film and claims to be such a very large Daredevil fan. Ludicrous.. DD wouldn't even allow Bullseye to die on a set of rail tracks grabbing him at the last moment. Not to mention his numerous clashes with The Punisher over the wrongness of killing and how even the guilty in Castle's eyes deserved to be handled by the justice system. Anyhow, that's neither here nor there.

Also if Man of Steel turns out to be as great as it looks like it's going to be, then I'm not against him at all for taking the reigns on Daredevil. Same goes with Mangold, as Wolverine has not been seen yet but honestly, it does not look near as impressive as Man of Steel. I would have never guessed in a million years I would be pulling for Snyder to mess with one of my all time favorite Marvel characters, but to continue my gushing.. Man of Steel looks epic enough to me that I hope Snyder has finally fallen correctly into place learning to balance his substance and style. I guess we shall see though. Just the same with Man of Steel aside, I'm sure I am hardly the first or last to throw his name into the pit of being a potential director to handle Daredevil properly and most likely quite faithfully. Whoever they choose, it's just my hope they favor Miller's run on Daredevil using it as the template for the plot elements, look and characters who appeared in Miller's famous and wonderful run writing and penciling Daredevil. One can only hope.

Last edited:
d_zps17eb4c15.png

• Joel Edgerton - Matt Murdock
  • Ciarán Hinds - Wilson Fisk
  • Zach Galifianakis - Foggy Nelson
  • Chris Pine - Bullseye
  • Rosamund Pike - Karen Page
  • John Hawkes - Ben Urich
  • Noomi Rapace - Elektra
  • Andy Serkis - The Owl
  • Peter Weller - Stick
  • Ron Perlman - Jack Murdock

The only way DareDevil gets a bigger role is if and its a big if, he gets a cameo in one of the phase 2 films such as Hawkeye got in Thor.

We can be certain DareDevil will not appear in Thor 2 because it will be set on the Dark Side of Asguard, but a small slot in Captain America the Winter Soldier is still possible.............and then of Course Avengers 2.

Noomi as Elektra? I...I can actually see it. Her acting skills are never in doubt, but she has the ingredients to look Mediterranean with the right amount of helping movie magic, and she has the lean muscle mass to look good in her outfit. That leaves her height; does Elektra need to be tall?

I really hope Marvel has DD planned for Phase III. Since they're setting up Cosmic in Phase II, setting up street heroes in Phase III would be a smart plan

Daredevil can be a link to the darker side of the Marvel universe. He can work with the "brighter" characters, like Cap and Iron Man, but he can also work with the "darker" characters, like Punisher and Ghost Rider.

DareDevil and Punisher...it wouldn't quite be a team up but they have the same goals

Daredevil HAS TO be in Phase 3. Has to. He's one of Marvel's best characters, don't they realize that?

Would love to see DD make a comeback, a bit darker than what they have going on at the moment though.

Words can't express how I want a great DD movie.
The character is too good and deserves to succeed.

Rob Kazinsky (True Blood, Pacific Rim) would make a good Matt Murdock

Words can't express how I want a great DD movie.
The character is too good and deserves to succeed.

Especially with a decent Punisher thrown in as well. Ah well might happen one day.

Punisher and Moon Knight to be down right can't have Disney anywhere near it. Other studios have made terrible Punisher movies but family friendly Punisher marketed to the masses makes me want to vomit.

DD is in the grey area of heroes he can be portrayed as dark or light however the best DD stories embrace his darker nature, I don't know if you can get that at Disney right now as constructed. I really think they need to have some kind of Max like studios that can really let loose.

Punisher and Moon Knight to be down right can't have Disney anywhere near it. Other studios have made terrible Punisher movies but family friendly Punisher marketed to the masses makes me want to vomit.

DD is in the grey area of heroes he can be portrayed as dark or light however the best DD stories embrace his darker nature, I don't know if you can get that at Disney right now as constructed. I really think they need to have some kind of Max like studios that can really let loose.

Good points about Punisher and Moon Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"