Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox has no Daredevil or Fantastic Four movies coming out in 2013 or 2014.

They are doing NOTHING with these characters or franchises.

Someone needs to set the record straight on what the terms of the deals are and what the expiration date is without ever releasing another movie.

We are now talking up to 7-8 years with no new FF film. And over 10 years for Daredevil. This is ridiculous. This cannot stand.

Both reboots are actually moving along right now though... And they'd take even longer back with Marvel.

Both reboots are actually moving along right now though... And they'd take even longer back with Marvel.

Actually they're not... Slade is now doing yet another project before daredevil (and has admitted there's no news or progress through tweets) and Fantastic Four has had even less info.

Fox has no intention to make these films and is bluffing to try to get marvel to but them back

Actually they're not... Slade is now doing yet another project before daredevil (and has admitted there's no news or progress through tweets) and Fantastic Four has had even less info.

Fox has no intention to make these films and is bluffing to try to get marvel to but them back

Daredevil has a new writer. Fantastic Four was said to be in early stages. Whether they're bluffing or making it up, there's no way for us to know that. All we have is what they tell us. Marvel already has a plan for where they want to go, I don't think they'll be able to fit Daredevil and Fantastic Four in for a while.

Daredevil has a new writer. Fantastic Four was said to be in early stages. Whether they're bluffing or making it up, there's no way for us to know that. All we have is what they tell us. Marvel already has a plan for where they want to go, I don't think they'll be able to fit Daredevil and Fantastic Four in for a while.

.... you do realize they're in development hell right now.. Right there with GhostBusters 3, and Jurassic Park 4...

They arn't coming along at all.. Scripts are the VERY VERY earliest of early development. They are in no way proof of a film ever happening.

Fox has been making the X-Men films, but I'm sure they want to continue making other Marvel movies, too... Fantastic Four and Daredevil should get new movies. I'm sure it will happen.

I hope they at least make a Silver Surfer movie...

spideyboy's denial seems to extend wherever a FOX CBM is mentioned. The DAREDEVIL & FANTASTIC FOUR reboots are happening. FOX kept them shelved to both disassociate the GA from their unimpressive prior incarnations & to establish other franchises (Avatar, Apes, X-Men First Class) before jumping into the reboot business. As I said in the FF reboot thread, expect both Daredevil & FF to receive the treatment Dawn of The Planet of The Apes & the X-Men First Sequel received with their 2014 summer release dates. Daredevil will hit in May of 2015 & Fantastic Four in July of 2015. The properties are about to reach their full potential now that FOX is giving all their CBMs the Vaughn/Wyatt treatment (summer fare with substance).

You have absolutely no proof. Stop stating it like your word is proof enough. You have zero facts

^speak for yourself. All you've been doing is advocating for a completely absurd cold war between Marvel & FOX that results in the properties returning to old mother Marvel. Again, you are in denial. Marvel Studios has no intention to get those properties back because they're currently juggling a dozen characters in their cinematic universe. FOX has been setting up their franchises for 3 years now. We're entering Wave 2 of those franchises next year with The Wolverine & in 2014 with sequels to First Class & Apes. 2015 continues their summer presence with two new properties that happen to be reboots. Again, I don't know where you're getting this notion that FOX has no plan to move forward with these reboots. Marvel's 2014 films don't even have directors & Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN might get delayed another 2 years yet you think FOX who's already hired directors & writers for their 2015 properties are the ones stuck in limbo? I get it, you don't like FOX. Get over it please. DD & The FF are staying at FOX.

I'm hoping this thread becomes another one of those "Marvel losing its edge, DC getting it back" thread where it was so adamantly stated that an Avengers movie will never happen and now people keep dredging it up at every opportunity to laugh in the face of that poster. :oldrazz:

Having a new writer isn't really progress. Progress IMHO is a firm release date and you know putting something in front of the cameras.

its not development hell either

Actually it is... "development hell" means it's having development.... But almost nonexistent

just because you don't know whats going on behind the scenes doesn't mean its nonexistent

There's no movie coming out in over two years. Seems like development hell to me.

Marvel should take care of their own properties.
Fox messed things with bad stories.

Jesus Christ. Its not in development hell. Slade has nothing to report because pre-pro isn't even close to starting. The screenplay's being touched up as we speak. Again, you guys wouldn't say Cap 2 & the mystery film are in development hell when pre-pro starts in 6 months & they have no directors attached. For a director to truly tell a story, he needs time (years). That's what Slade's had. He knows what he wants DD to be & Trank will know what he wants FF to be when he gets behind the camera. This stuff about development hell is nothing but a cry for help on behalf of Marvel Studios enthusiasts who think their precious MCU is the end-all/be-all of the CBM genre. Its not. Of 6 films, the studio's only had 2 that did anything for the genre. The other 4 were forgettable (IM2 at least made some money). X-Men First Class & X2 may not have had the scale (or budget) that The Avengers had, but they're equally great films & NEWS FLASH: They're FOX pictures. The days of FOX making mediocre CBMs are long gone.

Again, you guys wouldn't say Cap 2 & the mystery film are in development hell when pre-pro starts in 6 months & they have no directors attached.

Because what you're describing isn't development hell. It doesn't even begin to qualify for the term until the same situation persists at around 2016 or beyond. If you want to continue slamming the 2014 projects to prop up the Fox reboots at least use a different term. Or, you know, use a project that actually qualifies for the term, like say Ant Man.

Bottom line is, neither reboot is in development hell. Both films have writers, directors & budgets. There's just no room for them until 2015. Anyone wanna believe they're not getting made? Cool. I for one will not be shocked when their release dates are announced. Can't say the same for some of the posters here (which I predict will go on to bash both projects all throughout production & even after they achieve Certified Fresh ratings on RT in the high 80s). At some point, the FOX hate has to stop. Sure, we got some mediocre CBMs (DD, Elektra, FF, FF2, Origins) over a 5-year period, but frankly I'm completely over them based on the stuff FOX released afterwards & they've been spot-on for 3 years now. Everything in the horizon looks solid too. At some point even the most stubborn folks gotta face the facts. Not to mention, the studio so many here champion when bashing FOX delivered some of the most safe & generic popcorn last year that barely made what the craptastic Origins banked in '09 sans 3D/IMAX.

Has FOX done anything good, genrewise, the last few years? Remember Avatar? *shudders* Or that abyssmal Conquest Of Planet Of The Apes remake that made Tim Burton's version look brillant? X-Men: First Class that destroyed a somewhat good screenplay with all those annoying teen actors and was only watchable because of Fassbenders performance? I haven't seen Prometheus but I heard it was a good movie. If so, it could be the first good sci-fi movie FOX has done in decades. Probably because of Ridley Scott and not because of FOX.
FOX just HAS to lose the rights for DD and FF, for the sake of those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"