Daredevil Daredevil season 2 easter egg thread (SPOILERS)

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
I didn't see an Easter egg thread for season 2 yet, so I figured I'd make one.

Here's my spoiler tagged list:

- Claire Temple talks about having a strike against her for a situation she had to deal with involving Luke Cage, referencing her appearance in Jessica Jones season 1.

- Marci works for Jeryn Hogarth's firm. She also references events from Jessica Jones and how her vigilante actions caused trouble.

- Cameo from Carrie-Ann Moss as Jeryn Hogarth. Something about her dialogue suggests that maybe her firm might want to get into the vigilante business or try representing vigilantes. I could be wrong though.

- Wilson Fisk is back!

- Wilson Fisk basically refers to himself as "The Kingpin."

- The Hand and Chaste battle comes to light.

- The Hand are able to somehow revive their dead...even after being cut open for an autopsy. In the comics they are able to perform rituals to bring their number back from the dead.

- Elektra dies by being impaled by a sai, but she doesn't get it from Bullseye here ;) .

- The Punisher finds a CD in his old home labeled "Micro"!

No MCU film references or AOS?

Episode 5 spoilers:
There's a reference to the incident and a newspaper about Stark Tower being destroyed.

Repost from the episode discussion thread.

Stretching this connection a bit....but....

At the beginning of the episode, Foggy is telling Matt about Bethany, the waitress/Barista he had a one night stand with.
It's possible, at least, that this is Beth, the blonde waitress from The Avengers, who was saved by Cap and had most of her scenes cut from the movie.

I mean, it IS stretching, but...I like that idea.

LOL, I would say that's a bit of a stretch Avid Avengers.

There's a moment near the start of the big hallway/stairwell fight scene in episode 3 where
Matt is pointing the gun stuck to his hand and as the camera closes right in on his face he breaks out in a kind of evil smile. Not sure if it was intentional, but I immediately thought of this iconic cover:

Daredevil_cover_-_number_184.jpeg

Cheers.

I noticed in the first couple of episodes Foggy and another character say "It's a war zone" I took it as a nod to Punisher comic.

There were loads, but they were subtle enough that I'm not surprised people are missing them. The really big one is the Roxxon involvement. They've now been heavily involved in events featured in Iron Man 3, AoS, Agent Carter, and Daredevil. Cybertek (Deathlok tech from AoS) is mentioned on a paper in Ben's office, as are film incidents. Micro was a fun Punisher tease in the finale, but he's actually been referenced on AoS by Daisy already.

The really big one is the Roxxon involvement. They've now been heavily involved in events featured in Iron Man 3, AoS, Agent Carter, and Daredevil.

Yeah, I definitelly saw that. Roxxon has definitelly grown as a big part of the MCU.

The biker gang was the same one from aos season 1 that lorelli (sp) takes control of and gets the robbing for her.

Brett at one point mentions Detective Clemons.

I didn't even notice Brett was also in Jessica Jones. I'll have to rewatch that.

Brett at one point mentions Detective Clemons.

I didn't even notice Brett was also in Jessica Jones. I'll have to rewatch that.

And also,
Samantha Reyes was first introduced in Jessica Jones

Those I saw:
The Dogs of Hell are from Agents of Shield.
There is article that spoke about Cybertek from Agents of Shield (but he was already there in season 1)
The D.A was from the last episode of Jessica Jones.
Brett spoke about Clemons, the cop from JJ.
And Roxxon was already in a lot of movies and tv shows.

What was the disk labeled "Micro" a reference to?

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Micro

"One of my sources, this guy Micro, he's kind of a crime-scene junkie. He came across something." ―Skye to Phil Coulson

Which in turn is a reference to:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/David_Lieberman_(Earth-616)
Which is what this is about.

Also, I'm not sure this really counts as an easter egg, but not everyone seems to have caught on, so I'd like to point out:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"