The Dark Knight Dark Knight Site Updated!

it's really weird how the majority of us said "this will be his carrear defining role" before his death.

Whats stranger is how majority of us have supposedly spelled career wrong...

:oldrazz:

As this does affect their business, I am sure they are considering the impact of the film's bottom line, marketing approach, and so on. However, I seriously doubt there has been any 'jumping up and down' over Ledger's death.

There are circumstances in which an artist's death is secretly (or not so secretly) wished for by collectors and investors. This is a cliché in the world of fine art, particularly sculptors and painters. But it's not true here. If anything, the Box office 'guarantee' that Ledger represented is now lost to producers and directors looking for backing for their projects. So there's no morbid or cynical happiness to be found among that group. And Ledger seems to be universally liked among those who knew him on a day to day basis.

Yes, the death brought some attention to the Batman project, but so what? They've lost this Joker forever. That's a tradeoff no one would have wished for. Besides, the film was getting plenty of attention anyway, thank you.

I don't think this tragedy has brought many... uh, smiles... to many faces. It's a damn shame, and there's no silver lining or hidden agenda.

Agreed.

This tribute is a honest gesture. I garantee not one person at WB is happy to the least about this. The ones who are only concernd with monetary gains are most likely cursing the tragedy. We all know that this movie was going to go gang busters before Heath died. Hollywood is all about trilogies.

Im glad WB did this. Good for them.

blackribbon.jpg

That does seem very new. When I looked last night, I think they still had those links to the trailer. At least I think it was last night.
I was actually on the website earlier today around lunchtime and it was still the trailer so, its had to have been done very recently. Nice touch WB!!!! RIP Heath!

Hats off to WB. Beautiful tribute to Heath.

It's still hard to believe he's gone. What a shame.

R.I.P. Heath

As this does affect their business, I am sure they are considering the impact of the film's bottom line, marketing approach, and so on. However, I seriously doubt there has been any 'jumping up and down' over Ledger's death.

There are circumstances in which an artist's death is secretly (or not so secretly) wished for by collectors and investors. This is a cliché in the world of fine art, particularly sculptors and painters. But it's not true here. If anything, the Box office 'guarantee' that Ledger represented is now lost to producers and directors looking for backing for their projects. So there's no morbid or cynical happiness to be found among that group. And Ledger seems to be universally liked among those who knew him on a day to day basis.

Yes, the death brought some attention to the Batman project, but so what? They've lost this Joker forever. That's a tradeoff no one would have wished for. Besides, the film was getting plenty of attention anyway, thank you.

I don't think this tragedy has brought many... uh, smiles... to many faces. It's a damn shame, and there's no silver lining or hidden agenda.

its still too early, but Box office wise his death is a good thing. yes thats horrible disgusting and aweful to say buts it is the truth. obviously if you could bring him back to life in exhcnage for the added money anybodyd do it in a heartbeat but the fact remains; the films buzz hype demand and talk has skyrocketed beyond what anybody thought it would outside of next july.

i dont think i could feel any lower than i do saying this but his death is great for the film sales; joker merchandise sales will skyrocket. ledger joker posters toys masks costumes you name it....theyll all be a lot bigger sellers now.

I think im going to throw up.

And on WSS.com, if you click on the picture to make the Joker pop up then the ribbon is right next to his face :(

I think the quote is kind of fitting on WSS.com- The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And I mean that in the most diplomatic of ways. I think of the youtube videos of Heath skateboarding around the set, and you can't help but to know that the man lived by his own set of rules and he loved what he did. There is no doubt in my mind that he cherished every second he spent here on this planet marching to the beat of his own drum. We could all hope to be so lucky, I suppose. At any rate, the ribbon, the memorial, all a very nice touch by the classy people at WB. Kudos.

Hey LeChiffre, did you see what's going on with the new Bond movie?

I like the ribbon on whysoserious that line is so awesome and I think fitting for the situation.

Very thoughtfull indeed.

NOBODY is going to be happy about it. This business is running hundreds of millions of dollars each year, they don't give a damn if they're going to make 25 more millions if one of the greatest actor of his generation dies. They should be sad about how much money they're going to lose in the future not being able to put Heath's name in their upcoming movies.
Anyways, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm kinda sad right now, pissed I'd say. Usually, I am quite cynical, but we're talking about death...
A man died, a special man. Not a John Lennon or a JFK but a special man, a troubled man that was different and that assumed it well. For me, that's worth more than any man I'd consider normal. I can only wish ever achieving something like this in my life.

Rest in Peace Heath Ledger.

its still too early, but Box office wise his death is a good thing. yes thats horrible disgusting and aweful to say buts it is the truth. obviously if you could bring him back to life in exhcnage for the added money anybodyd do it in a heartbeat but the fact remains; the films buzz hype demand and talk has skyrocketed beyond what anybody thought it would outside of next july.

i dont think i could feel any lower than i do saying this but his death is great for the film sales; joker merchandise sales will skyrocket. ledger joker posters toys masks costumes you name it....theyll all be a lot bigger sellers now.

I think im going to throw up.
Short-term, maybe. (And I mean EXTREMELY short-term.) They had to have been counting on him to participate in the third one, as well as do the talk show circuit for TDK. It would have been super-awesome getting to see him with Bale talking about their roles. I don't even want to get into the DVD special features now. :waa: It'll be so sad to have everyone talk in it except for Heath.

I seriously doubt anyone at WB is even remotely happy about this. If TDK were to be successful, they would have wanted Heath to stay on board for another go-round, but now they'll never have that chance. And I just got seriously sad today thinking that Heath would never get to see TDK finished, or see his daughter grow up.

I think the quote is kind of fitting on WSS.com- The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And I mean that in the most diplomatic of ways. I think of the youtube videos of Heath skateboarding around the set, and you can't help but to know that the man lived by his own set of rules and he loved what he did. There is no doubt in my mind that he cherished every second he spent here on this planet marching to the beat of his own drum. We could all hope to be so lucky, I suppose. At any rate, the ribbon, the memorial, all a very nice touch by the classy people at WB. Kudos.
I love that ribbon, even moreso than the tribute on the official site. It's simple, yet it says so much.

And yes, we should all be so lucky to be able to choose our own path as freely as Heath did.

Very cool stuff. I'm glad they are showing their appreciation.

the dark knight dvd will be missing the most important thing of all...it's going to be extremely depressing

And on WSS.com, if you click on the picture to make the Joker pop up then the ribbon is right next to his face :(
Funny, The first time I clicked on the pic, a tear almost fell from my eye. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"