The Dark Knight Dark Knight Site Updated!

Very touching. Too bad its all a smokescreen, they are probably jumping up and down b/c this tragedy just added at least another $25 million to TDK's BO.

I normally ignore this kind of crap, but I'm sorry I cant really let this slide. Not that its worse than anything else I've read, but maybe the straw that breaks the camels back. You think WB would feel delighted that they made an extra 25 million off of someones death is just really pathetic. In an attempt to try and slam, or label a group to be insensitive, you yourself become that very same thing.

Even looking at it from your standpoint, the last thing any studio would want would be one of its stars dying, because its one less person to do PR for them. If you think they'd prefer the PR coming from this tragedy, then I think you are insane. Thats not what they would want to promote a movie.

Short-term, maybe. (And I mean EXTREMELY short-term.) They had to have been counting on him to participate in the third one, as well as do the talk show circuit for TDK. It would have been super-awesome getting to see him with Bale talking about their roles. I don't even want to get into the DVD special features now. :waa: It'll be so sad to have everyone talk in it except for Heath.

I seriously doubt anyone at WB is even remotely happy about this. If TDK were to be successful, they would have wanted Heath to stay on board for another go-round, but now they'll never have that chance. And I just got seriously sad today thinking that Heath would never get to see TDK finished, or see his daughter grow up.

I love that ribbon, even moreso than the tribute on the official site. It's simple, yet it says so much.

And yes, we should all be so lucky to be able to choose our own path as freely as Heath did.
i think they already recorded this.
or at least some footage. sometimes they film those interviews on hte sets.

Great move by WB. You can see they respect him for what he did for them as Joker &. I'm glad they did this for him. He would've been proud of this. Love the quote about him from being a great actor & what he do. The ribbon was quite a nice touch as well. :waa:

Very touching, WB.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he's dead.

That's a great touch from Warner Bros.

Methinks that this viral campaign might be able to continue, in respect and celebration for the life of Heath Ledger. I think if they put that black ribbon on all viral websites, then it could work. If they just continued the viral campaign without any recognition of Heath's death, then it would certainly come across as wrong and distasteful. But with the black ribbon there, it just -- I dunno -- it's like a subtle recognition of the fact that our thoughts are with Heath's family and friends.

Thats a great touch from WB. I would really like to see some pictures of Heath from the shoot. Just some candid stuff. In the makeup chair, eating lunch with everyone. Perhaps before or after the movie in a tribute.

ooh i thought they would actually add something cool for the movie!

no doubt a special feature on the DVD will be a tribute for heath.

Anita, some of the DVD special features were likely shot on the set during filming. "Behind the scenes" sort of interviews, so it is possible we will see Heath talk some about the character and the other actors, etc.

Hope so. Was really looking forward to hearing him discuss the role.

Beautiful tribute Warner Bros.

well done... it just shows that they respect this man more than any marketing... :csad: :hoboj:

:( thats a awesome tribute...it really sucks that he passed away and it'd very hard to believe..

R.I.P. Heath Ledger!

I wonder if WB will take down the "Out of Time" page? It's the one that features a dead body on a slab.

I think the pic is from the set, like during the robbery scene? I thought this was great BTW.

I like that WB did that. Its very touching.

WB is going to loose money in the long run from not being able to cash in on Heaths popularity in future films after TDK makes him an icon. They are going to loose money from the fact that had the 3rd Batman film continued the storyline and had a bit of the Joker in it, the hype would have been DOUBLE what it already is because audiences would have seen the great performance.

Look at how much Hollywood loves a trilogy... they make billions of them. It's all about brand -- "Character" loyalty. Whether is Spiderman or Jack Sparrow. After TDK and Brokeback Heath would have been the next "Johny Depp" taking chances despite his handsome looks and getting a huge following of both cult-artsy-film-lovers and fangirls. Trust me, Hollywood would LOVE a new Depp to stick around for 40 more years making them films.

No one is cheering at WB unless they are very dumb. And I doubt they are because they're making a ton of money in this business and they know how it works.

And all of that is outside the fact of basic human decency, the shock of loosing someone to a senseless freak accident, a little girl who will never know her daddy, etc. No one would be happy about that.

I'm glad they changed the page with a black ribbon and the memorial page. It's just going to be sad when those pages come down as they eventually will :csad:

You can't lose money you don't have.

I normally ignore this kind of crap, but I'm sorry I cant really let this slide. Not that its worse than anything else I've read, but maybe the straw that breaks the camels back. You think WB would feel delighted that they made an extra 25 million off of someones death is just really pathetic. In an attempt to try and slam, or label a group to be insensitive, you yourself become that very same thing.

Even looking at it from your standpoint, the last thing any studio would want would be one of its stars dying, because its one less person to do PR for them. If you think they'd prefer the PR coming from this tragedy, then I think you are insane. Thats not what they would want to promote a movie.

I'll be honest, it someways he's right. It's bittersweet publicity.

It's something that some here are thinking, but would rather not say because..it's very taboo.

I'll be honest, it someways he's right. It's bittersweet publicity.

It's something that some here are thinking, but would rather not say because..it's very taboo.
It is indeed publicity, and TDK may or may not benefit from it. But I'm sure WB would have made more money in the long run if Heath were around to do a third film, rather than piggy-backing on his death to make a quick buck on this movie only.

Right now the only people I see benefitting financially from this are those people on ebay selling Heath autographs and posters. :dry: Oh, and DVD's too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"