"Dateless" Attractive Women

triplefive said:
superman79 has access to a lot of really awful pictures of me because we have eachother on facebook, which is also how i know he's not that pasty!

Nah, I don't think your pics are so bad...now mine on the other hand: :wow::csad:

AndThePickles said:
His girlfriend? :p Seriously though, I'm sure that other countries have completely different outlooks than American women. Our country is SO obsessed with what is "hot" and it has resulted in a lot of insecure people.

I find that in the West (US/UK/Canada), a lot of people dictate life through other people's eyes. To please others, placating in the excess or whatever you want to call it. While this type of action is normal (solidarity), us men are guilty and conditioned into overdoing it. Not just towards women, but to others such as families and employers. For whatever reason, it seems to make these people - who serve to please - ironically "feel empowered". When it is the opposite, if you take a step back. This is the root of insecurity in the west. All this leads to a rather hollow life.

Just look back, maybe mommy and daddy told you to be an engineer but your first love is music. You do what mommy and daddy said, and you feel empowered having met the approval of others. Internally you are not satisfied.

I guess the only way out of this rut is to not give a damn, and go your own way to please yourself instead. But you will need to develop a thick skin to do this.

triplefive said:
me too! i'm totally okay with myself, but i still look in the mirror every day and go, "ugh this, and this, and this"... nobody's perfect, but it's just a matter of accepting it and embracing it

i posted in the photo album thread just because i just wanted to preempt the is-she-a-he discussion that seemed to be coming, but i have like 5 gigs of pictures on my computer that i'm totally not posting here. i've had myself in my last two avatars too. i figure i'm not cool enough here for anyone to get all weird with my pictures... but i'm really not about to open myself up for that completely either.

superman79 has access to a lot of really awful pictures of me because we have eachother on facebook, which is also how i know he's not that pasty!

I know what you mean. I have posted pictures of myself and the guys here do nothing but hit on me and make crude comments about my hot ass.

Canadian Rider said:
Do you find that the older you have gotten the easier it has become to talk to attractive women? (Trying to keep something of the thread alive ... hehehe) :yay:

Thanks to you and everyone for wishing me a happy B-day!

And yeah, the older you get the less intimdated you are by attractive woman, and anything else that you may deem as intimidating.....

..it's why you see alot of older guys with younger HOT girls. It's not that these woman only like older guys and are not interested in guys their age, it's just that the older guys aren't afraid to approach these hotties....

Crooklyn said:
37107_1160716952.jpg

Click here for more.

Btw...who is this?

triplefive said:
nowai

also, yes, i watched passions in high school and it had like, witchcraft in it

i also remember someone getting fish guts dumped on them, and they kept repeating it over and over again.

Hmm. lol I never got into soaps, the boyfriend has seen more of them than I have! :woot:

Victor Newman -- Y and R -- Best line ever.

"You are all upset. Why don't you go sit down and have a hot cup of tea or something ..." Priceless.

I see what you ladies mean about the immature men. Yikes.

How is the Duchess of Cool doing tonight? :yay:

fruity said:
Where did all of you find your men? :dry:
i met mine at university, where he was an orientation week coordinator... and then i saw him at a few parties and talked to him.

actually that's a lie, the second time i could probably just barely see/speak/function but i spent the entire time massaging his arm because "he must have been tired from pumping the keg". yeah. not one of my finer moments. wouldn't think that it would lead to a four year-long (and running) relationship.

but to answer this as fruity intended, i picked him up a gay bar :p

fruity said:
Where did all of you find your men? :dry:

I met my woman online, although we got together properly at a Stone Sour concert.

Paradoxium said:
I find that in the West (US/UK/Canada), a lot of people dictate life through other people's eyes. To please others, placating in the excess or whatever you want to call it. While this type of action is normal (solidarity), us men are guilty and conditioned into overdoing it. Not just towards women, but to others such as families and employers. For whatever reason, it seems to make these people - who serve to please - ironically "feel empowered". When it is the opposite, if you take a step back. This is the root of insecurity in the west. All this leads to a rather hollow life.

Just look back, maybe mommy and daddy told you to be an engineer but your first love is music. You do what mommy and daddy said, and you feel empowered having met the approval of others. Internally you are not satisfied.

I guess the only way out of this rut is to not give a damn, and go your own way to please yourself instead. But you will need to develop a thick skin to do this.
Can I get an amen? (AMEN! Alrighty.)

I guess even though I try to stay out of that, I still find myself subject to it. That or I seem to be wanting to do too many things at once, and then end up doing crap for all of them. Like, I want to go to grad school but that involves studying for/taking the GRE, but I just discovered comics and I want to DRAW but I also can't give up skating since I like it too much (not to mention I need the strength training since I'm losing weight, especially muscle mass. I hate working out and I'm apparently not eating enough either). Oh, did I mention I have a full-time job too? *cry* Never enough hours in the day....

I don't think I'm hideous, but I never get attention from guys. I think there's a pretty logical answer to that though - I never go out. I like staying in and doing my own thing, but I'm apparently into such random things that I never "belong" in any one group either. Oh well.

AndThePickles said:
Met my man at college, through my social club :up:
:cmad:all the guys i meet at college say "hey, i like your tattoos" then i start talking and they say "you're weird" and shake their heads and walk away.

stoopids. they don't know whaty they're missing.:o

heypapajinx said:
:cmad:all the guys i meet at college say "hey, i like your tattoos" then i start talking and they say "you're weird" and shake their heads and walk away.

I'd like to know what they are missing. Come over.

DOG LIPS said:
I'd like to know what they are missing. Come over.
or what?
you'll ban me?:cmad:
either way i spend the night tied up in the back seat of a car... i'll take my chances.​

:woot:

heypapajinx said:

So now I must see your tattoos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"