Stand-Alone Movies David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to Write and Produce New Series of Star Wars Films

Kinda feel for the current young cast members. Seems like Disney can't wait to get rid of them once their trilogy is done. Just shows how replaceable and disposable they are.

Or, someone realizes that the saga films are special, and needs breaks between trilogies.

Or, someone realizes that the saga films are special, and needs breaks between trilogies.

Their time is done after Episode 9. What breaks? The way things are developing, by the time we get to the year 2026 we would have gotten Episodes 10 through 15. The saga films don't feel so special anymore. Star Wars just feels like annual Call of Duty releases now.

Their time is done after Episode 9. What breaks? The way things are developing, by the time we get to the year 2026 we would have gotten Episodes 10 through 15. The saga films don't feel so special anymore. Star Wars just feels like annual Call of Duty releases now.

Which is why I'm a big proponent of ending the saga films after episode 9 and shifting to new trilogies(i.e. 1-3) , spin offs , and stand alones.

Never watched GoT... heard mixed things about it, especially the last season. Aren't those two guys the ones who wanted to make a show based on the premise "But what if we still had slaves??!?!?"

Yeeeeeesh.

That show sounded like they needed something to do after Game of Thrones is over. Also that premise was already made into a movie 13 years ago.

Rumor: Benioff and Weiss' First Star Wars Film Set in Old Republic to Begin Filming this Fall

A contact, who has worked on every Disney Star Wars film, has shared some interesting information. According to them, the next Star Wars film could possibly begin filming this Fall, and it will be the first film in the series of films by Game of Thronesshowrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. I am trying to get some confirmation on this information from other places, but as of now I only have one source, so I can only report this as a rumor, so use your pinches of cinnamon as you wish. Because of that simple fact, I can’t say I am as confident in this as I am about the Obi-Wan Kenobi streaming service series report, though the source provided proof they have worked on every Star Wars film since Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm and claim they are “95% confident this is accurate.” So let’s simply go over what we were told.

Our source told us they were:

“…approached about working on the next movie this Autumn. It is not the Rian Johnson trilogy, it is the Game of Thrones guys’ first movie, and it is set during the Old Republic, as Disney wants to open up the Star Wars timeline and appeal to a more ‘Game of Thrones‘ style audience.”

This really seems so on-the-nose in terms of what fans have been wishing for from these guys, so I asked for clarity on what else he heard about the project:

“So the timeline is hundreds of years prior to the Skywalkers, so think almost Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings.”

I asked if there was any grasp on something tangible happening for this production yet, or if it was all strictly talk/discussion based, and according to our source, the art departments are doing pre-production work as we speak:

“Filming starts in the Fall and art departments are in design phases now as the script is being finalized. That is all I know but I am 95% confident that this is accurate.”

Again, as of now I can only report this as a rumor because I have not been able to secure a second source on this information. The source has proven to be reliable in the past, and has been involved with all Disney-owned Star Wars films to date. But, with anything, as I like to say because I hate the use of the phrase “grain of salt”, use a pinch of cinnamon with this information. I am doing everything I can to dig and find more information about this, as it would certainly be very exciting news to know the next Star Wars movie will be going into production soon, as we prepare ourselves to say farewell to the Skywalkers when Episode IX hits theaters in nine months.

Knights of the Old Republic style? I dig it!

Calling it now... SW *****fest #42345262

"it's not violent enough"
"they didn't follow KOTOR"
"they didn't follow Tales of the Jedi"

Sucks, but bad feeling this is all I'll be reading about.

i hope the trilogy is really about knights of the old repuplic

Wonder if we’ll get any updates about this by the end of Celebration.

Really hoping for the Old Republic setting.

If true, I wonder which sources of the Old Republic will be used. The first two video games, or Bioware's game, or if they will completely reinvent it. Seeing as Disney sends everything not canon to the underworld.

Lucasfilm putting the 'Star Wars' movies 'on hiatus' after this year

Not all projects are being canceled. A new series of movies fromThe Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson are still part of the plan, as are new films from Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

In fact, she revealed they are working in tandem. “As they finish Game of Thrones, they’re going to segue into Star Wars,” Kennedy said. “They’re working very closely with Rian.”

This December’s Episode IX — now known as The Rise of Skywalker — will mark a conclusion to the Skywalker saga, she said, and with books, comics, TV shows, and movies mining every moment of that era for stories, it may be time to venture into distant timelines.

It’ll still be a galaxy far, far away, but the new tales may be set an even longer time ago.

“Yes, absolutely. I think that that’s absolutely on the horizon,” she said. “We’re looking at whether we can move massively in one direction of the other. It’s still Star Wars, and holding on to the DNA of what George created is still very important to us.”

I actually think, if the D&D series does take place in the Old Republic, it won’t be an adaptation of the Tales of the Jedi comics, or the Knights of the Old Republic games. I think it’s either going to focus on the Prime Jedi, and the Formation of the Jedi Order (Prime Jedi), the Hundred-Year Darkness (Hundred-Year Darkness), or the Jedi-Sith War (Jedi–Sith war).

I really hope they aren't doing episode 10-12. I am pretty much cool with anything else but that.

My focus is going to be the television shows. Hopefully they rock. Mando looks like it will. If the movies are good, then great. But I am not counting on it at a this point.

I definitely don't think it'll be episodes 10-12 honestly.

I definitely don't think it'll be episodes 10-12 honestly.
I agree except for two things. They know episodes make more money and they keep talking about the end of the Skywalker story, as if they want the to use episode format.

I wouldn't expect 10-12 for another ten years looking at that slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"