David Koepp in Talks for Spider-Man 4!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Gonking, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Catman Registered

^ Same here.

2. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Just once, to Sony, when they hand him a contract.

3. Catman Registered

I don't think Raimi ever said he wanted to direct all of them. He likes to do one at a time and see if he's still interested.

4. kansas boy Registered

Sam is still interested, he just wants to take a break from it. Which is why the 4th film won't be out until 2010. He does want to do other movies you know.

5. DACrowe Registered

How much did the other writers change? Well not the tone but here is the Koepp first draft in one sentence: Ock was created by an accident caused by Norman Osborn. Osborn wants Peter to join him and then they get in fights and Ock keeps showing up and mucking it up and tries to kill Norman.

At the end Norman lives, Ock and Norman go to prison and Spidey and MJ make out on a web from a chopper over the brooklyn bridge after Osborn fell off it, and Harry Osborn watches and mutters "SPIDERRR-MANNN!" and Doc Ock speaks in all caps for the most part (think Arnie in B&R) and there is no bittersweet ending.

So they changed the entire storyline and certainly added what real humanity was there as there was none in Koepp's draft. Why do you think Sam didn't want him back for 2 and outside of having to endure the Smallville writers, went essientially right back to Sargent. There is no middle man for 3 now.

And Koepp has written some good screenplays, if generic. But I give credit to Jurassic Park to the actors, director, SFX and John Williams more than the screenplay (as opposed to say Jaws). Also, The Lost World was a huge disappointment as was War of the Worlds. For that reason, I am lukewarm on him doing this. And the less said about Secret Window the better.

6. Visionary Registered

I have good feeling that they will, unless he himself don't want to direct, which I doubt.

7. Visionary Registered

Relax, Alvin Sargent is still apart of the writing force behind SM4, we know that he's signed.

8. DACrowe Registered

Oh, I'm not too upset. I really have gotten past that point to get upset over a superhero movie (okay....maybe X3). I was just pointing out that I don't think Koepp knows, at least in 2000 he didn't, how to write a good Spider-Man script or better yet a story.

I'll take new blood I'll take old blood, either way I'll see the movie.

9. NewYorkSpider EndGame

10. Catman Registered

Sargent is Laura Ziskin's HUSBAND! Ziskin is the producer. So, of course he'll return!

Nothing new was revealed there, dude.

11. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I just reread it. I thought it said that they were negotiating with the actors.:o

12. Catman Registered

^ I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiating.

13. The Villain Registered

As long as we see classics like Lizard & Mysterio written in carefully then I will have full support to new writer.

14. Catman Registered

Well. . .he isn't a new writer. He's a returning writer.

15. Dr Vigon Chaos Registered

:word:
    We Scots seem to share the same ideas! I do hope that the next film will maybe focus on one or two baddies.

Not seem SM3 yet but I'd rather see two for SM4 with maybe a 5 min start scene and an end scene featuring someone like Rhino or Shocker.

Well its just matter of waiting a couple of years to learn what happens next.

16. Mr Jide Registered

lol, none of us have.

17. Spiderine Sho nuff

We will certainly get the classics.

18. mclay18 Registered

Well, it isn't set in stone that Sargent will return for SM4. Sure, he's married to Ziskin, but he may sit out the fourth one and do other movies he's interested in. Or Koepp and Sargent can collaborate on the script, and not just have one rewrite the other's draft.