Vanderbilt Talks Spider-Man 4!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by thejon93, Feb 1, 2008.

?

Vanderbilt a Good Choice to Write the Script

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Not Sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thejon93 Forever Haunted

Zodiac Screenwriter James Vanderbilt Talks Spidey 4!
    Source: IGN
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/849/849075p1.html

IGN.com has an exclusive interview with WGA nominated screenwriter of Zodiac, James Vanderbilt who is currently set to write the script for the upcoming installment of the superhero franchise, Spider-Man 4. Vanderbilt to IGN that it had felt weird being the screenwriter for this installment because "you're sitting down with people who made the first three and going, 'Well, let me tell you what to do,' which always odd." For more, visit the the link above for news on how the film's script is being affected by the writer's strike, etc.

2. FaT_tONle Registered

every month they bring in a new writer... at least they'll have many different inputs... but how many is too many?

3. SalaciousVC Registered

Awesome :woot:

4. Rated-X Registered

Intersting, I thought they hired somebody else? :huh:

I like James Vanderbilt. :up:

5. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

Awesome! It's good to know Vnaderbilt loves the Spidey films and that he's eager to get to work on Spidey4. :up:

6. Visionary Registered

He speaks...

Someone of importance needs to drill "The Lizard" and "Kraven The Hunter" into his mind, before we lose him within the midst of things! :cool:

7. chaseter Esteemed Member

I thought Vanderbilt has been signed on for a while?

8. Visionary Registered

Uh, how come this is not on the main page? :mad:

9. Hypestyle Registered

hopefully he will give Spider-Man a good murder-mystery to solve.. darker territory..villain choices: Morbius, Man-Wolf, Lizard..

10. chaseter Esteemed Member

Because they are too busy checking for Dragon Ball Z and Speed Racer news:o

11. Visionary Registered

Yeah, right. And I have more money than Bill Gates.

12. Visionary Registered

Villains: DENIED

:p

13. thejon93 Forever Haunted

I would really like to see Shocker(Herman Schultz) played by Javier Bardem; I'd like to see them transform Schultz from petty thug to a sadistic mob-lord who sets a bounty to kill Spider-Man for interfering in his criminal affairs, but as Spider-Man tries to overthrow them he must protect his best friend Max Dillion from Schultz's attacks upon him so he can make a testimony against Schultz for drug-trafficing, homicide, and armed robbery. A little serious for a comic-book film I know but it would finally set Spider-Man up against a psychological villain who plays his cards to his favour as much as he can. A while all of that goes on they have a build-up for Dr. Connors alternate-ego known as The Lizard where throughout the movie you see him begin to transform physically as well as psychologically into The Lizard. I think that would be a great film with a fresh new take on the comic-book universe.

14. chaseter Esteemed Member

Except for the fact that Max Dillon is Electro. Plus, Shocker was always used as an easy beatup doll for Spider-Man and never really proved to be a huge threat.

15. Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

What are you talking about? Vanderbilt was hired over three months ago.

16. thejon93 Forever Haunted

I never said he would have to become Electro because his alter-ego is in it, no that's pulling a Spider-Man 3 on the fans... again where Eddie Brock Jr. was introduced as a minor character but later on becomes the main villain, bull-crap.

That's why I said "I think that would be a great film with a fresh new take on the comic-book universe". As in they make Shocker more than just a punching bag, for years comic-books have set new boundries for themselves, so why not a movie? For better or worse they have to take a chance at something new and fresh instead of relying on the total anthology of a comic-book it's based on. I'm not saying that it should pull a X-Men 3, I'm just saying that they should try to shock and stun not only the general audience, but the comic-book audience as well while still staying true to the comics.

17. chaseter Esteemed Member

^The more you deviate from the source, the more pissed fans will get. Completely changing Max into a best friend might be a little too far IMO. Making Shocker a more prominent villian isn't a bad idea. But, him being a mob boss with goons is too far.

18. Visionary Registered

So, is he the one who decides what villain(s)/story gets used?

19. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

:whatever:

20. chaseter Esteemed Member

Yes. Remember when Raimi said he didn't want to molest any of his ideas and just wanted to see his take on the series and then they would go from there. Raimi didn't want anyone to interfere or give plot lines/characters...just let Vanberbilt have at it.

21. thejon93 Forever Haunted

People will always have their doubts until proven wrong, nothing you can do about that. People should take a chance here, movies are movies, comics are comics, movies should always have a chance to make something of their own imagination by using the origins and what-not of other sources(in this case comic-books). All I'm saying is to give this film a chance to be much more than a comic-book adaption.

22. chaseter Esteemed Member

I have been saying that forever:o

But there is a fine line between going a different direction and completely molesting the character and something unique that still keeps true to the source.

23. Joined:
    May 10, 2003
    I sent in the news a while ago.:o :up:

24. Visionary Registered

Interesting, so that means that this guy may not even like The Lizard or don't think he'll work well on screen, and completely discard him altogether. We may not even see The Lizard in SM4, think about that. That's a lot of power. :o

25. Visionary Registered

Then you have done well. ;)