David Koepp in Talks for Spider-Man 4!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Gonking, Jan 20, 2007.

1. kansas boy Registered

I know, I'm just stating that Superman, along with Marvel Captain America and FF3. It's already going to be a BIG superhero summer especially with Supes, the Capt, and FF3.

Nothing really is planned that is big like Superman for 2010.

2. Gonking Registered

Superman is not competition for Spider-man

3. kansas boy Registered

The next one will be. Were not talking about Superman Returns, this one is being made along the lines of Spider-man, with many villians.

4. Gonking Registered

I'm not talking about the quality of the movie (we don't know anything about the next one) I'm talking about the box office. Nowadays Spider-man has an unattainable popularity.

and Superman's movies have just disappointed.

5. kansas boy Registered

Spider-man is NOT coming out until 2010.

6. chaseter Esteemed Member

No doubt...the good thing about these movies is that they are not rushed. They take their sweet time and it shows in the quality of the movie. If they really wanted this sucker out...it could be out summer 2009. But my guess is 2010 as well.

7. Gonking Registered

Spider-man 2 was released only 2 years after the first movie and it was better

8. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Yes and yes.

I remember back in summer 2002, the first movie as so popular that Hype! reported Sony was considering rushing Spidey 2 out for 2003!

9. Catman Registered

lol. I remember that!

10. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

You avatar is.....hypnotic.

11. Catman Registered

Your avy kicks ass too. :yay:

12. Shifty Chief of Surgery

No but the fanboy arguements/attacks will be huge if Spidey, Fantastic Four and Superman are released in a three month period.

Remember the Wolverine movie. The script is finished, they're looking for a director and Marvel already has three films lined up for 2008. There was 3 years between the X-Men films so Wolverine could get the May 2009 release date with an R rating followed by a Fantastic Four sequel in July or somewhere else since both are from Fox and if the Captain America movie is progressing than that too. So a Spider-Man film could be done in a year but Marvel and Sony may not be a such a rush to make another one. The fourth script is going to need plenty of work and preproduction because visually it would hard to top Spider-Man 3 and the massive scale. Its going to come down to quality storytelling to impress the fans, they've seen the biggest and baddest things already.

13. shigsy2003 I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Well this is obviously good news, and I hope Raimi and Tobey return.

I aren't even going to bother speculating on villians etc as the third one isn't even out yet!!!

Obviously though, if Brock doesn't die in this one then that leaves us to speculate that Carnage and he may be in 4 (hey I can dream). The next choice in my terms would the Lizard. Although that road has been troden twice before. Hmm well I said I wasn't going to speculate but I have have :huh:

Still roll on May 4th.

Chris M

14. rockportspidey Puttin Some Dirt N Ur Eye

I think the third Batman movie will be out in 2010. They took 3 years to shell out The Dark Knight because it took awhile to get into production because nobody thought that BB would be as big as it turned out to be. Now that Nolan has the Batman movie franchise by the balls, he'll have the 3rd one out in 2010. I'll put some money on that one.

15. Catman Registered

^ I wouldn't be surprised.

16. HughJackFan420 Registered

i think they should keep the multi villain thing going and enter Lizard, Electro, Carnage and Venom in Spiderman 4.

17. Gonking Registered

are you crazy? If three villians in one movie is too much, imagine four.

18. Catman Registered

^ Exactly. We'll get two at most.

19. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

I think the only thing we can guarentee is that the villain(s) chosen will a) allow for spectacular special effects and b) be different from what we have seen before.

20. Catman Registered

I was having this discussion with Slinger about the villain effects. If you think about it there's only like 3 villains left with specutacular effects: Carnage, Mysterio, and HobGoblin. The rest have nothing special about them. The Lizard doesn't even have to be CGI. Just pick up the phone and call Rick Baker. Then there's:
    Kraven
    Shocker
    Electro
    Vulture (which is a goofy looking villain to begin with)
    Chamelon
    Hydro-Man
    Morbius
    Rhino
    Scorpion

There's about three movies left (according to Ziskin), so I guess they can pull something off. But, it seems like The Lizard will be the villain in the fourth installment. We're gonna have to wait and see who they pair him up with. But, it seems like Kraven is the most logical choice.

21. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Electro can be very spectacular, just imagine scenes of New York at night lit up with enormous blasts of electricity. That's such an obvious and appealing visual I think it makes Electro a front runner on that alone.

22. Gonking Registered

but it has to be the ultimate Electro. I hate the classic one.

23. Catman Registered

^ Maybe. We'll see.

24. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Well, the movie versions of the villains are their own entities, just like the classic versions and Ultimate versions.

25. Catman Registered

Well, with Venom they combined classic and ultimate. So, we'll see what they do.