• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Day of the Dead (Remake)

It's not even a theatrical trailer. LOL You've seen nothing to form an opinion of this as a movie yet. And thank God it looks nothing like the original cause the original was a piece of crap on film compared to Dawn, Night, and hell even Return of the Living Dead 2 was better than the original Day of the Dead.

Advanced Dark said:
It's not even a theatrical trailer. LOL You've seen nothing to form an opinion of this as a movie yet. And thank God it looks nothing like the original cause the original was a piece of crap on film.
That's just an asinine defense. What does it mean that it's not a theatrical trailer? We've seen two and half minutes of it, and that's enough for anyone with half a brain to realize what garbage this movie is destined to be.

Wow. Well I think Day is the weakest of the trilogy (or quadrilogy nowdays) but it's not even close to crap.

I thought this could maybe be a good remake 'cause I liked the Dawn remake. But doesn't look like it anymore.

^ You don't know at all cause you no nothing of the story, you have only seen some of the footage in this compilation that we were lucky enough to see. It's all rough footage...and from what I understand the movie isn't finished yet as far as PP and that trailer isn't gonna be shown in the theatres as you just saw it.

Advanced Dark said:
^ You don't know at all cause you no nothing of the story, you have only seen some of the footage in this compilation that we were lucky enough to see. It's all rough footage...and from what I understand the movie isn't finished yet as far as PP and that trailer isn't gonna be shown in the theatres as you just saw it.
We don't need to know anything about the story, when we can see the atrocious acting and production values in the trailer. It doesn't make a difference if it's not shown in theaters. The 300 promo had almost completely unfinshed CG effects and it was still leaps and bounds better than the official theatrical teaser.

Advanced Dark said:
It's not a trailer for the normal definition of the word. It's not for public release and won't be attached to any film or dvd or any tv show. Can't you read?
Same thing goes for the 300 promo, and my point still stands.

Advanced Dark said:
Yeah the footage for 300 was as you said "A promo" the footage of Day of the Dead you just saw was for the cast and crew wrap party. I'm done with this argument with the militant Romero fanboy.
It's been called a promo by almost everyone, so I decided to use the accepted term. The fact of the matter is, the "promo" was made up of entirely unfinished footage, and was only made to be seen by the select few who attended the SDCC. It leaked onto the internet, very much like this trailer, and can be used as a guage of quality just as much as the rough 300 trailer, or the rough Spider-Man 3 trailer at SDCC, or the rough X3 trailer that was shown to a few set visitors when that film was in production, or any other significant piece of footage of any movie. Just because this was made for the wrap party doesn't give it permission to suck.

And I don't know how exactly I became a "militant Romero fanboy," by simple stating my opinion on a ****ty film trailer, but I'll take it as a complement anyway.

ToddIsDead said:
That's just an asinine defense. What does it mean that it's not a theatrical trailer? We've seen two and half minutes of it, and that's enough for anyone with half a brain to realize what garbage this movie is destined to be.

:up::up:

That goes for all your posts in this argument.

Hey Todd forget it. It's really no big deal. I don't know who "everyone" is as far as calling it a promo...but it's really not. I see the pesty troll has posted above and is probably trying to throw gas on the fire so I'll put the fire out now. Thankfully he's on ignore so i can only assume.

Peace.

I would just like to say that the footage makes my eyes bleed.

Advanced Dark said:
Hey Todd forget it. It's really no big deal. I don't know who "everyone" is as far as calling it a promo...but it's really not. I see the pesty troll has posted above and is probably trying to throw gas on the fire so I'll put the fire out now. Thankfully he's on ignore so i can only assume.

Peace.
That's fine, because these kinds of debates never go anywhere. I just don't think that it's a substantial defense in the slightest. But, whatever. Your liking the movie isn't going to stop our feelings about it, so what's the difference?

A bit more detail from JAR on the footage:

...the trailer was cut by Steve for the wrap party and was from an avid...not a color corrected print. Temp music...etc. It's definately not the first official trailer.

Also I'm waiting for the official plot synopsis from NuImage to see if it matches the one on IMBD. The IMDB one states this:

"When the world is overrun by the flesh hungry dead a small group of survivors head to an underground military bunk in a last ditch effort to stay alive."

I'll get an update for you real soon. It was supposed to come in April. I chat with the screenwriter all the time so hold on...

Just watched the trailer.

:down: :down: :down:

I'm guessing it'll be in theatres a very short time, if not straight to DVD.

^ That wasn't the trailer. It was a promo reel for the wrap party. It was an "avid".

Just watched the trailer.

:down: :down: :down:

I'm guessing it'll be in theatres a very short time, if not straight to DVD.
It looks straight to DVD. Plus after reading a review over at AICN I'm a bit afraid.:csad:

^ I read a bad review and a good review...however I don't trust AICN for anything anymore. Everytime they build up some credibility they lose it all.

Eh. It just looks ****ty, and militarily inaccurate. I hate that ****. Would it kill the film makers to hire a consultant? It's not that difficult.

Eh. It just looks ****ty, and militarily inaccurate. I hate that ****. Would it kill the film makers to hire a consultant? It's not that difficult.

You must of hated Starship Troopers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"