Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have another movie with Scott, Jean, Beast, Iceman and Angel. Totally. Set in the alternate X4 universe...

I don't think its gonna happen. I know some of you want to see that happen because they are the original line-up in the comics, but those characters already appeared in 1 movie (X3) and they didn't even have a scene together.

Essentially. Then we can have another solo FC and and "X4" sequel, maybe Fantastic Four and then lead into another crossover. Age of Apocalypse? Maybe DOFP will open a new franchise set in the far future with Cable and Bishop or something too.

I don't see Wolverine appearing again until another X-Men movie. Unless The Wolverine introduces Daken or X-23 or a whole mess of new stories to take his own series...

It doesn't have to beDaken or X-23. Wolverine has a lot of enemies in the comics that haven't been introduced in the movies yet like Omega Red. And they could just adapt a storyline again from one of his comic-book stories.

True...I just don't see Hugh doing another Wolverine too soon after DOFP...maybe he will.

hopefully not in the next four years, lol

we need more team movies and maybe a new spin-off

Its not yet confirmed.

But I do hope after DOFP, we will get a film based on Age of Apocalypse or at least a movie with Apocalypse.

I imagine he is so coy because it will be a surprise, maybe a cameo. It is possible it could be revealed at the end of the movie he is behind the creation of the Sentinels in his effort to make mutants stronger.

True...I just don't see Hugh doing another Wolverine too soon after DOFP...maybe he will.

If you mean another Wolverine movie, then I hope he won't get another solo-movie. But if he gets another solo movie, I hope Omega Red is the villain.

I don't think its gonna happen. I know some of you want to see that happen because they are the original line-up in the comics, but those characters already appeared in 1 movie (X3) and they didn't even have a scene together.

Not so much wanting it to happen, but throwing around ideas for what might occur in the movie.

One of the key complaints about First Class is that it didn't feature the 'first class' of the comics, so we're just wondering if maybe Singer will fix that aspect. Maybe he won't. It's impossible to say, but fun to speculate.

If Xavier has an ability to literally transport physical matter, why wouldn't he just move everyone out of the jet into safety when the dam was breaking down? Without the need for Jean to sacrifice herself?

That, my dear, is what we call a plot hole. :cool:

Darn it!! but anyway, I liked that Jean sacrificed herself because it made me cry. :(

I always thought Xavier was weakened by Stryker's Cerebro use on him, hence why Jean was able to block him from interfering.

If Xavier has an ability to literally transport physical matter, why wouldn't he just move everyone out of the jet into safety when the dam was breaking down? Without the need for Jean to sacrifice herself? And if it's visions, then I'd assume that the vision of the team would just be in the President's head, rather than some actual apparition that anyone would be able to see and which could actually impact the physical world.

He doesn't have that power...

Yeah he can't stop time just freeze people. He can't freeze the water.

He doesn't have that power...

I think he was referring to Xavier using his abilities to lift the ship himself. But like I said earlier, I think he was weakened from the previous ordeal. Hence why Jean went outside.

I really doubt Xavier is physically going to transfer anyone or anything to the past. It just makes so much not sense it makes my mind hurt.

I'd love to see a rebooted Original Five one day. One with an Iceman and Angel more similar to the comics.

I think he was referring to Xavier using his abilities to lift the ship himself. But like I said earlier, I think he was weakened from the previous ordeal. Hence why Jean went outside.

What ship?

If you're talking about Hellfire Club's submarine, it was Magneto who did it.

He's talking about the X-jet at Alkali Lake in X2.

What ship?

If you're talking about Hellfire Club's submarine, it was Magneto who did it.

You like to misinterpret my posts, don't you. ;)

(might help to read the previous posts to see what we're discussing)

That, my dear, is what we call a plot hole. :cool:

Dearest Lightningz, it's not a plot hole.

Xavier is not telekinetic. He has no powers of mind over matter.

In the museum in X2, he took control of everyone's minds and mentally paralysed them so he and the X-Men could get in and out of the place.

At the Oval Office, he did exactly the same.

He does not have the power to lift the ship. He is not telekinetic. :cwink:

Xavier is a telepath.

Jean is a telekinetic - as well as having limited telepathic abilities.

Let me make this perfectly clear: Xavier did not lift anything and cannot lift/move anything with his mind. :nono:

It worries me that we have to say this after 12 years of X-Men movies and on an X-Men forum. :shock

Last edited:
I'm aware, but I was explaining what the other poster meant with his post. Not that I agreed with it.

But my comment about Xavier being weakened is why Jean was able to keep him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"