Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question...what mutant has the power to sense another mutant?

From off the top of my head - Sage. She can see into a persons genetic code to see latent or mutations that have already manifested. She can also jump start latent mutant powers too.

There's also Caliban that can track/sense other mutants too.

Now that I think about it, Sage could be a good addition to the movie. Xavier met her before he recruited the original five X-Men and instead of adding her to the original team, he set her up as his internal spy in the Hellfire Club.

Now that I think about it, Sage could be a good addition to the movie. Xavier met her before he recruited the original five X-Men and instead of adding her to the original team, he set her up as his internal spy in the Hellfire Club.

Sage is awesome! I would love to see that character. Be great to se her get some attention, she doesnt really get it in the comics. They probably could have had her start on the Hellfire club in FC, but she could still wok here pretty well. Espcially if Moira is not in it. Good call.
Do you mean in the films? Didn't Calsito in X3 Mutant power allow her to sense or locate Mutants?

Last edited:
Ah okay... this is for my X-men Sequel to X-Men: II United that I am writing. I hope Mad_Ones has read the latest parts of my story. So I guess I can add Sage or Caliban. Though...one of them would have to be on the brotherhood side...

Dearest Lightningz, it's not a plot hole.

Xavier is not telekinetic. He has no powers of mind over matter.

In the museum in X2, he took control of everyone's minds and mentally paralysed them so he and the X-Men could get in and out of the place.

At the Oval Office, he did exactly the same.

I am well aware that he's not telekinetic. ;) That was hardly the point of my post. Let's reread that again:

Lightning Strykez! said:
This transportation of physical matter to another space is not beyond movie-Xavier's ability. Remember at the conclusion of X2, he transported everyone on the X-Jet to the physical placement of the Oval Office to speak with the President? He either did this somehow literally or via a vision with the President allowing everyone else to participate (with Storm manipulating weather, Rogue delivering plans and Hugh speaking, etc.,). X3 showed he has the ability to transport his consciousness to his comatose brother. If Bryan is going to take X3 into account, he could totally use his powers to move his entire time to the past...

Xavier could have telepathically shut down Jean's mind, thereby preventing her from leaving the jet. Or perhaps "re-educating" her to return to the jet (and before anyone says "She's the Phoenix!" well, since he had already manipulated her mind via those mental blocks we really have no idea how much access he had to her mind).

So yes, technically it is a plot hole, albeit a forgivable one for the sake of storytelling. The bottom line is he chose to let Jean face death without interference for whatever reason instead of transporting her back. He was well aware she was already outside the jet. Even First Class showed that Xavier had the power to give people commands that controlled their bodily functions. He did not do that in Jean's case and that's what I was trying to explain to Mrs. Vimes.

I said nothing about teleportation which is entirely different from teke. And while I can see why one might misread my post to mean that I also made it quite clear that it was done either during a vision or physical transportation of the parties involved--either way it was accomplished under his direction.

Last edited:
One more thing: they've made some stretches with movie-Xavier vs. 616 Xavier. He seems to be able to do more in terms of manipulating perception of time. An example of this is just before his "death" in X3. For a moment, everything slowed down--the debris, Jean's out-of-control teke, etc. Even Logan (and possibly Magneto) got a chance to witness it.

Who was at the center of that destruction? Jean Grey. Yet, he was able to stave off a few more seconds in that body by somehow manipulating that debris (and his own physical decimation) in one of two ways:

1.) He somehow muzzled Jean's telekinesis (including all physical matter her teke was manipulating in the room) long enough until he was able to mentally "GPS" his comatose brother's physical location and transport his mind there,

Or

2.) He was mentally locking/slowing down Jean AND Logan's mental perception of the event.

Either way he was definitely messing with time--at least on a minor level. Remember, it wasn't until he was "ready to go" that he released Jean and allowed himself to be vaporized. So I don't think it's farfetched for Movie Xavier to be capable of manipulating time in this format too.

Last edited:
Famke may have been cast in "Too Late" opposite academy award nominee John Hawkes (Lincoln, Winter's Bone), so she may be out for sure soon (not that I expected her to return at this point). Hope is always there for a cameo though.

One more thing: they've made some stretches with movie-Xavier vs. 616 Xavier. He seems to be able to do more in terms of manipulating perception of time. An example of this is just before his "death" in X3. For a moment, everything slowed down--the debris, Jean's out-of-control teke, etc. Even Logan (and possibly Magneto) got a chance to witness it.

I thought that was just a terrible stylistic choice by Ratner... :O

i think its best not to assume they james and famke will get a cameo in this film, just incase it doesn't happen

Famke may have been cast in "Too Late" opposite academy award nominee John Hawkes (Lincoln, Winter's Bone), so she may be out for sure soon (not that I expected her to return at this point). Hope is always there for a cameo though.

Famke will be in X-Men DOFP, even just a cameo.I'm sure,there are thousands fans around the world asking for Famke's return.Bryan knows.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that is simply a stylistic choice by Ratner and nothing to do with Xavier manipulating time.

i think its best not to assume they james and famke will get a cameo in this film, just incase it doesn't happen

Either way it would be disappointing not to see them. I do think Famke is the more likely of the two to make some sort of appearance.

Callisto.

Famke will be in X-Men DOFP, even just a cameo.I'm sure,there are thousands fans around the world asking for Famke's return.Bryan knows.

Bryan knows that but there's no guarantee that he would include all the fan-faves in the movie.

Last edited:
Xavier could have telepathically shut down Jean's mind, thereby preventing her from leaving the jet. Or perhaps "re-educating" her to return to the jet (and before anyone says "She's the Phoenix!" well, since he had already manipulated her mind via those mental blocks we really have no idea how much access he had to her mind).

So yes, technically it is a plot hole, albeit a forgivable one for the sake of storytelling. The bottom line is he chose to let Jean face death without interference for whatever reason instead of transporting her back. He was well aware she was already outside the jet. Even First Class showed that Xavier had the power to give people commands that controlled their bodily functions. He did not do that in Jean's case and that's what I was trying to explain to Mrs. Vimes.

Not explaining a characters actions (or in this case Xavier's inactions) is not a plot hole.

I am well aware that he's not telekinetic. ;) That was hardly the point of my post. Let's reread that again:

I said nothing about teleportation which is entirely different from teke. And while I can see why one might misread my post to mean that I also made it quite clear that it was done either during a vision or physical transportation of the parties involved--either way it was accomplished under his direction.

I think you might be veering a bit towards overthinking it.

Xavier tells Scott and Logan that Jean left the plane because 'she made a choice' and he probably knew it was the only choice. Had she stayed on the plane, none of them would have got out of there alive. I'm sure he was aware that only her emerging powers could save them, or at least he was aware that she believed that was the case. He knew full well the noble and brave thing she was doing.

The museum scene showed that her powers disrupted electronics, so she couldn't apply intense TK fields while on board the plane, she had to get off it.

The museum scene also set up the idea of Xavier being able to mentally freeze/paralyse large numbers of people so that he and the X-Men could slip in and out unnoticed. That scene was showing us that particular trick at the start of the movie so that we would understand how he and the others appeared and disappeared in the Oval Office at the end of the movie - the difference with that end scene is that we saw it from the President's viewpoint, so the X-Men mysteriously appeared and then vanished. We didn't see them trotting in and out, as we did in the museum when we saw Xavier and the others wheeling into the room after everyone froze.

It's a technique he has also deployed in the comics, as well as making people forget an event. When the X-Men's shuttle crashed back on Earth and Jean emerged as Phoenix, Xavier used what the comics called 'mass hypnosis' so that the X-Men could leave the scene and no one would ever remember they were there. He did it in previous stories too.

Yeah, I think that is simply a stylistic choice by Ratner and nothing to do with Xavier manipulating time.

I agree. It was a moment to build tension. In that way, it did work. I didn't question the mutant pseudoscience involved.

could you post the link?

I cant find the news anywhere :huh:

I think you might be veering a bit towards overthinking it.

Perhaps.

But this is what happens when we don't have news and we're left to our own plot holes. Someone tweet Bryan's ash about dropping some goodies already. :cool:

Perhaps.

But this is what happens when we don't have news and we're left to our own plot holes. Someone tweet Bryan's ash about dropping some goodies already. :cool:

It has been a few days since a juicy Singer tweet, hasn't it? Or maybe I missed something. :)

It has only been 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"