Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMBXH5TCMAAHqw4.jpg:large

:up::up::up:

Last edited:
I am sooo loving that Magneto pic!!!!

I cannot wait until this movie comes out!!

Nice! I am glad to see Erik in what looks like normal clothes. I'm sure that there'll be a more comic-booky costume at some point too, but maybe he'll only wear it for real business :-)

The trailer for this movie is going to be ridiculous, and I cannot wait.

Newton Thomas Sigel

Worked with Singer onthe first X-Men, Jack the Giant Slayer, Valkyrie, Usual Suspects and Superman Returns. Also did Drive, among others.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005875/

Since the Ususal Suspects he has been Bryan's DP on almost all his directing
projects even the pilot of House that Bryan directed.I think the only one he
didn't was the Mockingbird line pilot.

He will have the record on X-Men films as DP with 3 films.No other DP on films has done more than 1.

When ever Bryan directs a film him and John Ottman are guranteed to be working with him Inless unavailable like when Ottman couldn't score X-Men due to directing urban legends:Final cut

Nice! I am glad to see Erik in what looks like normal clothes. I'm sure that there'll be a more comic-booky costume at some point too, but maybe he'll only wear it for real business :-)

There Is good chance In 1973 part of film they will be wearing normal clothes
before climax of film with the mutants donning comic booky outfits.

There Is precent for that In X-Men films

X-Men-aside from Storm and Cyclops In uniforms when the found rogue and wolverine they mostly stayed In civilan till suiting up to stop magneto's plans

X2-Mostly In civilan outfits till suiting up for battle at Aklai lake

Last Stand-Besides danger room sequenze mostly civilan clothes till suiting up to stop Magneto at Alcatrzi ISland

First Class-suited up just before going to Cuba

first pic of a BEAST scene

but in the distance

I know the first 5 X-Men films offer up a lot of continuity issues, and I think XM:DOFP will correct some of these, but I was wondering how many are really that important. I mean which ones would you be able to just say "no big deal" about.

It seems to me that only a few HAVE to be addressed.

1) Prof X (Stewart) coming back (yeah I know there's a half-asses explanation in X-3 but I think it has to be explored)

2) IF Cyclops and Jean return

3) How Mystique turns from nice girl to killer assassin

4) Eric and Charles creating Cerebro

5) Charles walking in Origins and X3

Other than these is there anything that is such a big issue? I mean Emma in XM:O or Scott or Storm in XM:FC seem like Easter Eggs. Does it bother you to ignore these? I'm curious.

Just really psyched fir XM:DOFP and the continuity errors don't matter that much to me.

But I'm curious as to other people's opinions

1) Prof X (Stewart) coming back (yeah I know there's a half-asses explanation in X-3 but I think it has to be explored)

For me those two are the most important and I feel they have the opportunity to explain them in this movie. I don't really see them explaining/fixing #4 and #5.

Plus another reason why I don't want a First Class movie that will feature the younger version of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. Is it could just create more continuity errors and if they connect it to the events of X3/Origins, it might end still look confusing.

hey psylockoulussus

I actually feel they can fix the Cerebro problem in this film, but the walking Charles is tough.

But would it bother you IF they ignore the whole walking Xavier stuff?

And would it bother you that much if they ignored other continuity errors and just continued with great X-Men films?

I mean how important is the continuity to you?

Not trying to be a d-bag or anything. Just curious

hey psylockoulussus. I actually feel they can fix the Cerebro problem in this film, but the walking Charles is tough. But would it bother you IF they ignore the whole walking Xavier stuff? And would it bother you that much if they ignored other continuity errors and just continued with great X-Men films? I mean how important is the continuity to you? Not trying to be a d-bag or anything. Just curious

In my opinion, after DOFP is released. They should just move forward with the present times.

I don't think its really necessary to fix all the continuity errors that made, because some of us could just ignore them and enjoy the movie.

And the more they focus on the past, there's probably more possibility in creating continuity errors.

So forget about the past and move forward to the present times.

The explanation set up by TLS after-credits scene isn't 'half-assed'.

2) IF Cyclops and Jean return
Why, exactly, is this something that HAS to be addressed?

Singer doesn't have to answer this question because I will do it for him: Mystique spends at least 40 years at Magneto's side; it's not inconceivable that, in that time, she'd become a hardened, jaded warrior committed to doing anything to further the cause of mutant superiority.

4) Eric and Charles creating Cerebro
This is a story detail that was clearly retconned by First Class, which is perfectly fine.

5) Charles walking in Origins and X3
This isn't actually as big a deal as it's made out to be.

Emma in Origins: Wolverine
… is Emma SILVERFOX, not Emma FROST.

oh, I really loved this Magneto pic, it's amazing! And I hope we get some tease of his red costume soon... and of course the new helmet!

OK Digificwriter.

So you feel all the continuity problems are really not problems?

I don't really feel its a big deal, but I'm curious how others feel.

Are you saying that they are essentially no big deal?

I'm just curious of your opinion.

Thanks

This movie didn't create those continuity errors, so it shouldn't waste time trying to do explain them. It would only be a detriment to the film.

OK Digificwriter.

So you feel all the continuity problems are really not problems?

I don't really feel its a big deal, but I'm curious how others feel.

Are you saying that they are essentially no big deal?

I'm just curious of your opinion.

Thanks

Of the things you listed as continuity problems, only the Xavier walking thing is worth addressing, but it's not the HUGE ISSUE that people see it as as being.

Everything else has already been either set up for resolution, has otherwise already been addressed, or can be easily explained by using a little bit of common-sense, logical thinking.

In terms of answering your specific question regarding my opinion on whether or not DoFP should address the things you mentioned, the answer is 'no' for all of said things other than the Xavier walking thing, although I don't think it's absolutely critical that that particular issue be dealt with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back