Green Lantern - Blu-ray, DVD Thread

What are the current overall DVD/Blu ray sales figures?

Green Lantern movie's current worldwide box office collections are - 222 mil.

DVD sales figures are - 12.45 mil.

I don't have the latest numbers for Blu Ray sales but as reported in this thread the last known figures were 23.28 mil.

Blu Ray is selling a lot more units (compared to DVD) as most people want extended cut, so I think that the latest Blu Ray figures can be 26 mil. (IMO.)

Overall it all adds up to (not including my Blu Ray projection figures but the last corrctly known numbers)

257.73 mil.

I'll be picking the blu ray up on Black Friday, the combo pack will be selling for 10.00 , not bad.

Green Lantern movie's current worldwide box office collections are - 222 mil.

DVD sales figures are - 12.45 mil.

I don't have the latest numbers for Blu Ray sales but as reported in this thread the last known figures were 23.28 mil.

Blu Ray is selling a lot more units (compared to DVD) as most people want extended cut, so I think that the latest Blu Ray figures can be 26 mil. (IMO.)

Overall it all adds up to (not including my Blu Ray projection figures but the last corrctly known numbers)

257.73 mil.

The blu-ray figures arent that far behind what First Class is doing, which is pretty impressive, DVD is quite a bit behind but the blu-ray sales are doing very well considering.

^Probably as BD sales as the DVD version is basically free with that.

According to Rotten Tomatoes Green Lantern is at number 5, for top ten DVD rentals.

1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
2 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
3 Captain America: The First Avenger
4 Transformers: Dark of the Moon
5 Green Lantern
6 Fast Five

^Can someone fill me in, do rentals mean much in the grand scheme of things whe it comes to making money for movies?

I bought the blu-ray extended edition($10 on black friday),I've only seen the theatrical version and just haven't felt like watching it again But I am curious!!

What's the difference or what??

I bought the blu-ray extended edition($10 on black friday),I've only seen the theatrical version and just haven't felt like watching it again But I am curious!!

The difference between the extended and theatrical version is a 8 minute scene of hal Jordan's childwood, in the day what his father dies.And together with the new line on the conversation of Hal and his nephew, the movie gots a better sense of development.The original version brings a sensation of all the psicological reasons of the character are show to fast, and now we have little elements what made sense to all film.He flows better, you can see his underlines better.

^Yeah, its actually surprising how much those 2 sequences add to the movie, after watching his father die I was asking myself in the cinema what made him become a pilot when he is so afraid. But his talk with the nephew explains this pretty well, so both scene's do add a lot to not only Hal but Carol and Hector also.

Green Lantern was the only comic book movie and pretty much the only big blockbuster not nominated at the oscars for visual effects.

Does anyone actually like this movie enough to buy it?

You are trying to make some point against GL movie, We already know that it was not a commercial success, but there are still some fans who like the movie despite its flaws, and it is not a bad movie either.

Still here are comparative figures for Blu Ray sales -

After 12 weeks

Sales figures for X-Men First Class are - Total Units Sold:1,244,221, Total Sales Figures:$27,676,719.

After 7 weeks
Sales figures for Green Lantern are --- Total Units Sold:1,288,816, Total Sales Figures:$31,158,079.

http://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-bluray-sales-chart

So, Some people are buying it. :o

You are trying to make some point against GL movie, We already know that it was not a commercial success, but there are still some fans who like the movie despite its flaws, and it is not a bad movie either.

Still here are comparative figures for Blu Ray sales -

After 12 weeks

Sales figures for X-Men First Class are - Total Units Sold:1,244,221, Total Sales Figures:$27,676,719.

After 7 weeks
Sales figures for Green Lantern are --- Total Units Sold:1,288,816, Total Sales Figures:$31,158,079.

http://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-bluray-sales-chart

So, Some people are buying it. :o

Comparatively though FC has done better on DVD than GL, in the grand scheme of things they are about on an even keel in DVD/BD total sales. Which surprises me as while I liked GL, and more so the EE, it was still a far inferior movie to FC in every way.

I'm sure kids will want it. Aside from that I picked it up on Black Friday. I'm glad it 's doing well in video sales.

My older brother watched it at the weekend and liked it, he doesnt follow reviews or fan forums so he is definately a member of the GA and liked it.

The blu-ray figures arent that far behind what First Class is doing, which is pretty impressive, DVD is quite a bit behind but the blu-ray sales are doing very well considering.

A lot of people who missed it/didn't wanna go see it because of the reviews, probably wanted to check it out. It happens a lot when a movie that didn't meet box office expectations get a rebound on DVD sales.
Green Lantern is still an attractive movie to buy/rent if you haven't seen it. And kids don't care about what we do.

Well my brother had said for a while he wanted to see it but never got to the cinema so he watched it and enjoyed it on DVD. I hope it keeps doing well so we maybe can get a sequel albeit with a lower budget.

If the DVD/Blu Ray reviews are good enough will that be enough for WB's to make a sequel.

Comparatively though FC has done better on DVD than GL, in the grand scheme of things they are about on an even keel in DVD/BD total sales. Which surprises me as while I liked GL, and more so the EE, it was still a far inferior movie to FC in every way.

My older brother watched it at the weekend and liked it, he doesn't follow reviews or fan forums so he is definitely a member of the GA and liked it.

On the first part of your post I agree with that to an extent but the FX were better in GL than what we got in X:FC in my opinion.

Your bros cool ;)

On the first part of your post I agree with that to an extent but the FX were better in GL than what we got in X:FC in my opinion.

I personally wouldnt say so, I only noticed the odd bad effect in FC, but in GL there were more than a few, although in GL some of the effects are really good as well, most notably in the final battle.

Your bros cool ;)

Ha ha, I will let him know.

Been watching the documentary's on the Blu Ray, my god quite possibly the bet making of for a film I've ever watched.

There also LOTS of little lines included. For example Hal calls Tomar Re a "talking fish" - Tomar laughs and replies that he's Xuadarian although he can understand the resemblance.

Cool stuff for fans.

^As far as I remember that was in the theatrical cut, in fact i'm pretty sure it was, all of the added stuff is at the start but it does make a difference to the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"