Dc August 2006 Solicitations

hippie_hunter said:
The adventures of the all-new Wonder Woman continue in Part 3 of the 5-part "Who is Wonder Woman" as three of her predecessor's most powerful enemies unite to declare war on the Amazing Amazon. But when Wonder Woman attempts to answer their challenge, she discovers a heroic figure from her past literally beating her to the punch. But who is the gods' new avatar? And where does that leave the new Wonder Woman?
Diana had a predecessor. Her name was Hippolyte. Perhaps you've heard of her; Diana used to call her "mom." Plus the actual Earth-2 Wonder Woman that Hippolyte was retconned into the Wonder Woman identity to replace was brought back into the mainstream continuity via Superboy Prime's super-emo punches. It could be referring to either of them.

hippie_hunter said:
How the f**k does Bruce Jones get to write so many books: Man-Bat, Nightwing, OMAC, Warlord, and Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight. He's like Bendis, except unlike Bendis, Jones sucks ass.

He's also doing that new Deadman series from Vertigo. But yeah, that seems like a lot for Jones. Especially since his stuff hasn't been that well received :confused:

Batman's gonna be kicking man bat ass inside a british museum?

I must pick that up....

Eric Draven said:
He's also doing that new Deadman series from Vertigo. But yeah, that seems like a lot for Jones. Especially since his stuff hasn't been that well received :confused:
At least he's not going to get his grubby paws on Boston Brand.

Did anyone realize that the 52 cover with Steel has the SR logo?

Yeah, I did. I figured the embossed symbol would bleed over at some point.

What does everyone think of these new mini-series that eventually will lead to the new event series similar to Infinite Crisis? Is anyone interested in any of those series?

Sorry if this would be better in another thread.

What mini-series? The Brave New World stuff? I wasn't aware they were leading up to another event.

Let me get this straight. Paul Dini said the reason that out of hundreds of batman episodes, they only did 3 Riddler episodes because he was too complicated to write.... yet the very first thing he does on this run is tell a story about The Riddler? No wonder the guy sucks so much these days.

I dont know, I hope Morrison doesnt mess up bringing SOn of the Demon into continuity.

jaydawg said:
Let me get this straight. Paul Dini said the reason that out of hundreds of batman episodes, they only did 3 Riddler episodes because he was too complicated to write.... yet the very first thing he does on this run is tell a story about The Riddler? No wonder the guy sucks so much these days.
How does Dini suck these days? Maybe the Riddler was too complicated for animated episodes that were, for all their high-brow critical attention and acclaim, still aimed primarily at children and beholden to all the rules of network TV, but the comics give him the proper format to fully explore the Riddler's complexities in a way that does them justice.

And its a reimagined Riddler, he isnt a villain...or so it seems.

He better still be a villain. Reformed villains never seem to work well.

Binker said:
Doesn't these new mini-series (The Creeper, OMAC, Trials of Shazam!, Martian Manhunter, Uncle Sam and the Frredom Fighters, The All-New Atom) suppose to lead in to something?

Look here:
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5443

Brave new World is coming out before as a showcase to get people interested in the titles.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Diana had a predecessor. Her name was Hippolyte. Perhaps you've heard of her; Diana used to call her "mom." Plus the actual Earth-2 Wonder Woman that Hippolyte was retconned into the Wonder Woman identity to replace was brought back into the mainstream continuity via Superboy Prime's super-emo punches. It could be referring to either of them.

I know about Hippolyta being Wonder Woman in some crazy ass time continuim thing. But did she really have any major enemies?

And Superboy Prime's super-emo punches. LOL!

The wait is over... finally a Kubert on a Batman title.

hippie_hunter said:
I know about Hippolyta being Wonder Woman in some crazy ass time continuim thing. But did she really have any major enemies?

And Superboy Prime's super-emo punches. LOL!
The crazy-ass time continuum thing retconned Hippolyta as the Golden Age Wonder Woman, so all of the Golden Age WW's major enemies are now Hippolyta's major enemies. I'm not sure how that works with the E2 Wonder Woman coming back into reality, though.

The E2 Wonder Woman was what she was, a Wonder Woman from Earth 2. I think DC is just saying "new Wonder Woman" as in "new Wonder Woman series". Its still Diana. I mean look at her, we all know what Diana looks like and that's what she looks like in those covers for Vol. 3, not Donna Troy.

Bullseye said:
The wait is over... finally a Kubert on a Batman title.

Yeah it should be cool.

I wish the other would do a Superman one.

Persoanlly, I'm looking forward to the Dini/J.H. Williams III team. J.H. is my absolute favorite artist.

I'm pretty sure Hippolyta's continuity is still active; nothing about SuperEmo's punches seem to have affected any of that. Plus, she's on the variant cover for WW#1.

Binker said:
The E2 Wonder Woman was what she was, a Wonder Woman from Earth 2. I think DC is just saying "new Wonder Woman" as in "new Wonder Woman series". Its still Diana. I mean look at her, we all know what Diana looks like and that's what she looks like in those covers for Vol. 3, not Donna Troy.
Donna Troy looks pretty much identical to Diana, though. Plus Diana doesn't age, so she and Donna look about the same age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"