DC Superheros

SpiderHulkThing

Superhero
Reaction score
So what are you thoughts on the new DC Superheros stuff? For one, i'm thinking why are they looking so dang tall. Maybe they just blew them up to show off. But they are coming along nice. I really like that Steel fig.

Also, it seems that wave 4 won't be the same as it was going to be. It was supposed to be Stealth Batman, Joker, Two-face, and Batgirl.

So I guess they want to do Batman Wave, Superman Wave, BB Wave, S Wave and so on. So maybe the original series 4 will really be series 5 and the original series 5 will be series 6 so they're won't be two Batman waves released back to back. I for one, definitly want Joker and Two-Face.

PICS:

http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_itemId=42162

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_SDCC%2FMattel%2F6_Inch_DC_Superheroes

I for one am liking what I see. The new Supergirl is fabulous.

i just wonder when joker and two-face are coming out. Yeah, i want that supergirl too, but i don't want both to be displayed on the same shelf. Although, the supergirl i have now likes to fall a lot. maybe this one will be more sturdy.

Do you think mongoul, parasite, etc are just blown up past their normal sizes? I mean, Icon sized Mr. Freeze is stupid.

The new one will be the Supergirl I keep. The current one (released in the second wave of the DCSH figures) will become fodder, most likely the new head for Emma Frost. Maybe.

and i hope someone at SDCC asked when BAF DC stuff would start showing up and i hope that the question was answered.

sounds like a good idea. The face and hair for the new one looks better.

SpiderHulkThing said:
Do you think mongoul, parasite, etc are just blown up past their normal sizes? I mean, Icon sized Mr. Freeze is stupid.

They are 2-ups prototypes. They usually always do that to show off what they got coming. They both look great. And the new Batman (with his many batarangs) looks great. I'll probably get 3 of just that Batman.

Mr. Freeze looks awesome. Did you notice the fog/specs of something in his mask. sweet detail. i hope that stays.

yeah, i like all the weapons and stuff. one of his hands looks closed though. But with just one of those batmans, you'd have some nice weapons to share with other batman figs you may have. Although, some of those batman weapons i'm not sure about. Like the one in the top right corner. wtf is that.

SpiderHulkThing said:
Mr. Freeze looks awesome. Did you notice the fog/specs of something in his mask. sweet detail. i hope that stays.

I think the first Mattel Batman: Mr Freeze figure had those specs aswell. This one is just a repaint.

SpiderHulkThing said:
and i hope this batman doesn't hunch like the other one did.

Nah, I think they'll do better. Look at it, its f***in' awesome. I'm really liking the way they reimagined the utility belt. Its look very cool.

FEAR THE BAT said:
They are 2-ups prototypes. They usually always do that to show off what they got coming. They both look great. And the new Batman (with his many batarangs) looks great. I'll probably get 3 of just that Batman.

Back in 2004 I saw the 2-up prototypes and Wizard World Chicago for a good chunk of the DCSH figures coming out currently. 2 friggin years at least for this things to come out! MLs usually only take 6 months or so I think...

But FTB, don't forget, an amazing Batman figure is only a part swap/paint job away. Get one of this new batman, check 'em out. I still get a feeling I may need to swap some stuff. I have suspicions that we'll be let down on this one. Maybe I'll get to see it at Wizard World Chicago though, Mattel always has huge display cases up.

Cool. Be sure and give us the lowdown bro.

And in the back of my mind I know we can be given crap, but just looking at it I have high hopes for it. Maybe, just maybe, they can get it right.

Catwoman and Supergirl look great. So do Steel and the new Batman. I just have no interest in this line at all. I'm fine with the Superman and Batman stuff I display already (Silver Age DCD figures). If I had more room, I'd start a Modern Age display, but I don't. :(
The only DCSH figure I'd seriously consider buying would be Harley Quinn. It might be a few years, though.

The new Batman is v.good, but the paint is dreadful. A simple adjustment to make.

In general, and even with the limitations that were set on Mattel's mandate, these blow everything DCD is doing away.

Someone just got the New Batman and Mr Freeze. Wow they look great. Mattel finally did Batman right:

7f3b5e84.jpg

He comes with 7 Batarrangs too...

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

That is pretty cool. I still think that this Batman will work better with crisper, cleaner, and more contrasting colours, though.

The more i look at it, the more I like it. The sculpting on the head and the belt is inspired. I need three. I suppose I might have preferred three less batarangs in return for a grapple, but I won't gripe. That's easily the best 6" Batman ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"