DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to a great start! Add in Vibe and Martian Manhunter for good measure!

The Green Lanterns issue was also very good this week. Liked seeing Simon and Jess bonding. The end of the issue was also great with the reveal of
the phantom ring

How many different rings do we need? I'm feeling "ringed out" but we'll see where this goes.

I've been waiting for Vixen to show up in a major way for Rebirth. I hope her profile keeps rising. I've never heard of The Ray but glad to see a gay man on an actual JL team. In Orlando I trust.

Between this and the CW Seed series, DC's really trying to turn The Ray into a thing.

Sounds good! (Another twice monthly to complicate my budget)
Off to a great start! Add in Vibe and Martian Manhunter for good measure!

Yes, PLEASE!

Between this and the CW Seed series, DC's really trying to turn The Ray into a thing.
Yeah it's a multimedia push! I'm glad DC is highlighting the profile of some its diverse characters (especially gay men - Midnighter's series is really missed), but from what I've read of The Ray he seems a big generic?

I hope Deathstroke comes across Nightwing and the Titans (guys like Beast Boy who he has history with) at some stage. The Titans and especially Nightwing should always be important to him. I have a feeling DC want to make Damian his main rival, which I do not like, and I hope I am mistaken. Grayson should always be the Robin that he goes up against.

I hope Deathstroke comes across Nightwing and the Titans (guys like Beast Boy who he has history with) at some stage. The Titans and especially Nightwing should always be important to him. I have a feeling DC want to make Damian his main rival, which I do not like, and I hope I am mistaken. Grayson should always be the Robin that he goes up against.
Priest has confirmed that he and Abnett will be recreating the Judas Contract as a crossover between Deathstroke and Titans down the line.

Priest has confirmed that he and Abnett will be recreating the Judas Contract as a crossover between Deathstroke and Titans down the line.

I know. I should have made it clear that I meant in the present day.

Just got caught up on my pull list this week. My Gawd, Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps was EPIC this passed week.

If you aren't reading that do yourself a favor and pick it up. It was slowly building up, and now that everything is set up we're in for one Hell of a pay off next issue.

This **** was dope too.

I need more Katana in my life.
IMG_2107.png

IMG_2109.png

IMG_2110.png

So, what we know so far, the two new Green Lanterns are American. So all five Sector 2814 GL's are Americans. I really wish Simon or Jessica were from a different country instead of just non-White so we can add a cultural conflict to the two working together. It might be cool if one did not speak English. I think it would help broaden the GL universe

So, what we know so far, the two new Green Lanterns are American. So all five Sector 2814 GL's are Americans. I really wish Simon or Jessica were from a different country instead of just non-White so we can add a cultural conflict to the two working together. It might be cool if one did not speak English. I think it would help broaden the GL universe

Nah, they're Lebanese-American and Mexican-American respectively. One is a pretty liberal Muslim and the other, I assume, is Catholic (Catholicism being a big thing in the Latin-American familial unit and all).

I do agree that I wish that their cultural backgrounds would shine through more, but not necessarily as a source of conflict.

Simon and Jessica's conflict, when they have them, derive from their personalities rather than cultural backgrounds.

As hinted by the next GLs cover, Simon can more readily tap into Rage, Avarice, Fear, and Will. While Jessica has an easier time dealing with Love, Compassion, Hope, and is just starting to get the hang of Will. They're on opposite sides of the Emotional Spectrum and balance each other out like Yin and Yang.
Green-Lanterns-10-cover-1-e1474511061830.jpg
But yeah reading an occasional "Inshallah" or "Madre de Dios" or even a humourous "Hijos de P----" would add some nice flavor text to their dialogue. At the very least it'll remind us that they're first/second gen immigrants.

Last edited:
Has anybody read the titles from Young Animal? After reading Umbrella Academy, I'd like to see what Gerard Way can do with Doom Patrol. But it seems to be a small imprint that nobody is paying much attention to.

Has anybody read the titles from Young Animal? After reading Umbrella Academy, I'd like to see what Gerard Way can do with Doom Patrol. But it seems to be a small imprint that nobody is paying much attention to.
I read Doom Patrol #1. Really weird **** I've read that's for sure. I'll keep reading, though.

There's also Mother Panic I'm picking up because it's set in Gotham. Gerard still has a large fanbase from his band so hopefully that gives some good start for YA.

I went back and re-read Deathstroke up to the latest issue to better understand the story. Last week's issue was quite good, especially when Slade told Rose off and called her out for being such a fool.

So, just so I'm totally clear; [BLACKOUT]Rose is his daughter, born from a Chinese prostitute (or was that his dead son?), which is when his wife shot him causing him to lose his right eye. But we still don't know who kidnapped his son?[/BLACKOUT]

First issue of Doom Patrol was good...though, it was lacking in Doom Patrol.

I went back and re-read Deathstroke up to the latest issue to better understand the story. Last week's issue was quite good, especially when Slade told Rose off and called her out for being such a fool.

So, just so I'm totally clear; [BLACKOUT]Rose is his daughter, born from a Chinese prostitute (or was that his dead son?), which is when his wife shot him causing him to lose his right eye. But we still don't know who kidnapped his son?[/BLACKOUT]

Rose's mom is a Chinese sex worker. Joey's and Grant's mom is Adeline Kane-Wilson.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=517759

Rebirth Wave 2 is sounding good so far, between JLA and Batwoman!

What's been people's thoughts on Cyborg: Rebirth? I'm wanting to like it but it just doesn't seem to be quality work. It's been lazy.

Interested to see what others think.

What's been people's thoughts on Cyborg: Rebirth? I'm wanting to like it but it just doesn't seem to be quality work. It's been lazy.

Interested to see what others think.
It's been...the opposite of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985