DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people *****ing about Harley's look when it's basically Arkam Asylums look.

I hated that look in Arkham Asylum as well, personally. Complained to high heaven about it on the Hype's thread for that game when it came out, in fact. It doesn't look any better in the comic medium.

But I'm not planning to pick up Suicide Squad anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I hated that look in Arkham Asylum as well, personally. Complained to high heaven about it on the Hype's thread for that game when it came out, in fact. It doesn't look any better in the comic medium.

Haha, yeah, it was never a very well received look. I don't know why complaining about it here would really surprise anyone.

Superman looks awful.

Supergirl is a mixed bag. I like the cloak approach to a cape, I think that works well for her. The books are sort of neat, but those don't suit her as much--and the bodysuit I don't really like at all.

So I guess it's just the cape I like.

AA's look was fine for what it was; a grim, realistic take on Batman that almost seemed from a horror genre.

But for it to be in comics...it's ****. To be blunt.

To be honest though, you've loved just about everything about this reboot, so...:o
Lol No I haven't. I said yesterday I didn't care for Titans or Liefield and some of the voodoo stuff books.

Aw hell, I just realized that there's not going to be a Secret Six title.

FAIL.

Superman looks awful.

Supergirl is a mixed bag. I like the cloak approach to a cape, I think that works well for her. The books are sort of neat, but those don't suit her as much--and the bodysuit I don't really like at all.

So I guess it's just the cape I like.
I think the cape makes her look older and more serious. I want her to be young and cute damn it!

Also, i found this interesting:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu-is-supermans-marriage-ending-110607-1.html

Seven Reasons why DCnU Superman will be single.

Number 5: Flashpoint Lois Lane

Lois Lane has gotten new attention in "Flashpoint," being given her own series, "Lois Lane and the Resistance."
In the three-issue story, Lois Lane is single. She's never met Superman, and she never reported about his existence.
"Lois is exactly the character we know and love, except just remove from her equation the fact that she's ever met Superman," said Dan Abnett, co-writer of the "Flashpoint" tie-in series with his collaborator, Andy Lanning. "She's the spunky, snarky reporter she always was, who hasn't necessarily had the breaks she's had in the DC [Universe], because she never got that star scoop story of Superman."
The story centers on Lois as a reporter who becomes stuck in the middle of a war zone, and she eventually gets caught up in the local resistance movement.
The end of the main "Flashpoint" series, which will be released on Aug. 31, is supposed to be the precursor for the big changes DC is making in September. But it's the tie-in story of single reporter Lois Lane that opens the door for the character to be single even longer.
We all know that Flashpoint is a showcase of things to come, even if they give an elseworlds spin to things and take them a bit too far. I think FP Lois has a lot of potential and its highly likely we'll see her.

Last edited:
And I just went back and noticed that Conner's some kind of god damn robot. What the ****?

Well, he kinda IS a robot. He was manufactured in a lab and all. You're lucky they didn't just get rid of him.

:o

:supes::supes::supes:

I hope that Superboy cover isn't what it looks like--but at least he's not wearing the stupid Teen Titans rag costume.

Not really. She wasnt a goth chick there, just a ****e.
Her ****tiness in general, I meant. Those games took her out of her perfectly excellent comic costume and put her in much more revealing costumes.

Deadshot looks badass... I think. From what I can tell at least.

It's like they're sexing up Harley when she don't really need it.

So far, I'm digging all the costume changes. Deathstroke's looks pretty sweet. As well as Superboy's.

Harley Quinn does resemble more of the AA look, which I don't mind.

I will get Supergirl (Maybe) and Stormwatch (for sure)

Deadshot looks badass... I think. From what I can tell at least.
Do you mean Deathstroke? I didnt see Deadshot anywhere. Where is he?
It's like they're sexing up Harley when she don't really need it.
Like how they re replacing perfectly good costumes with crappy ones when its not needed.

I'll tell you this though. Suicide Squad sounds interesting! It seems that i ll be getting about 40 of those #1s. :wow:

what the hell on no secret six book. Deadshot was the only one to make it out of the merger. Even Huntress is gone for now, along with CassCain and Stephanie.

I'm loving Harley's new look, I couldn't believe they actually went there with her. Sorry to those who preferred her old look, but that old one was too goofy for me. This one screams "crazy clown groupie fetish chick", and I don't mind that one bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"