DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC recently stated that Flashpoint #5 would be the only comic they would be shipping on August 31st from the entire company. So what’s to follow it on September the 6th?

Ten years after the world changed, looks like the DC world will be changing too. Bleeding Cool has already talked about a major renumbering of DC’s books post-Flashpoint. And it looks like that will occur the first week of September, across the DCU board, with everything going back to #1.

And the DC solicitations for August do seem to back that up. There’s a lot of finality going around…

Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search For Swamp Thing (3 of 3)

The search ends here as John Constantine finally finds out Swamp Thing’s dark motives

Action Comics #904

Now it all comes down to a weakened Superman versus the monster known as Doomslayer in this, the epic finale of “Reign of the Doomsdays”!

Detective Comics #881

This is it – the finale so twisted, so shocking we can’t even begin to give away details here! Be there for the extra-sized conclusion of the acclaimed run by Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla.

Batman Gates Of Gotham #5 (pushing through two issues in August)

And in issue #5, it’s Batman vs. The Architect! The downfall of a major Gotham family! The betrayal of Damian Wayne! It’s all here in this final issue, plus the untold fate of Gotham City’s first Super Villain!

Superman #714

Superman hits Seattle for his last stop on his “Grounded” walk across the country, and it is in that city where everything will come to a head!

Superman/Batman #87

It’s the brutal final chapter of “The Secret”!

Add that the Green Lantern books are in “epilogue” mode, the Wonder Woman finale has been pushed to August,

Gotham City Sirens #28

A secret that goes back to the very first issue of GOTHAM CITY SIRENS will be revealed at last!

Birds Of Prey #15

In the concluding chapter of “War and Remembrance,” Lady Blackhawk and the original Phantom Lady are in the clutches of an enemy whose evil has lain dormant for decades!

Superboy #11 (pushing through two issues in August)

Then in #11 Jeff Lemire and Pier Gallo bring the saga of “The Hollow Men” to its explosive conclusion!

Supergirl #67

But before she can leave, first she has to save the kids of the Silk Pajama Society, stop the bad guy from unleashing his devastating plan upon the world, and attend one last orientation session!

Wonder Woman #614

The all-new Wonder Woman reaches the end of her epic “Odyssey” and comes face-to-face with the malevolent force behind it all!

Adventure Comics #529

The final, fatal battle for the Legion Academy freshman class. Is this the end of the Academy at Cosmic King’s hand?

Legion Of Superheroes #16

The finale to the battle with the Legion of Super-Villains!

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents #10

The T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents make a final stand against The Iron Maiden in the present, as a bitter truth about the villainess and Colleen is revealed in a look back at the past. One of the most critically acclaimed books of the year reaches the shocking finale of its latest chapter

With Green Lantern books on epilogue, Teen Titans getting two issues out to hit and #100 in August and even more “things will never be the same again” solicitations than usual as well, everything is lining up for a big big change in September.

So why is everything going back to #1? And what does the end of Flashpoint mean for the rest of the titles?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/05/17/dc-looking-to-relaunch-everything-in-september/

Yeah, I've been saying that since before they even announced the 'reboot'. The antsman41s out there who are having a meltdown are going nutter butter
Of course you were wrong about the Johns/Lee JLA. :o

Hey now, I never said it wouldn't ever happen, just that'd I'd heard that rumor pop up so much in the last few years I'm obligated to bust up on hippie whenever he predicts it :o

Throw s**t at a wall long enough, some of it's bound to stick, and all that.

Hey now, I never said it wouldn't ever happen, just that'd I'd heard that rumor pop up so much in the last few years I'm obligated to bust up on hippie whenever he predicts it :o
Shh, I'm teasing.

I didn't think it'd happen either. :o

DC, the only thing you will accomplish is turning off old existing readers by changing the characters they grew up. I get that they want to expand the market, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF THEIR OLDTIME FANS!

I am going to use this as an opportunity to take a break from all things DC. This reminds me very much of Marvels heroes reborn. After 1 year, things will go back to the way they should be.

SO I am done with DC after August. If Dc wants to "Brand New Day" themselves, then they can do it w/o me.

Last edited:
DC, the only thing you will accomplish is turning off old existing readers by changing the characters they grew up. I get that they want to expand the market, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF THEIR OLDTIME FANS!

I am going to use this as an opportunity to take a break from all things DC. This reminds me very much of Marvels heroes reborn. After 1 year, things will go back to the way they should be.

SO I am done with DC after August. If Dc wants to "Brand New Day" themselves, then they can do it w/o me.

They've been telling their long-time readers to f-off since COIE.

~ Unsubstantiated hyperbole ~ :hrt:

How have DC been telling their long time readers to **** off since COIE?

Seems to me DC's biggest weakness in the mainstream side of things, was catering to the 40 year olds and ignoring getting new readers on board.

Case in point, Barry Allen.

Wheras Marvel is pretty much the opposite "oh so you grew up reading Peter with Mary Jane? Go **** yourself, the younger readers mean more to us than you ever will."

haha true. Neither company has the balancing act right. That is a big reason why comic sales are at an all time low.

i wish people would read up on whats going on instead of reacting to rumors

We’ve already told you that the new Teen Titans #1 will be written by Scott Lobdell, pencilled by Brett Booth and inked by Norm Rapmund.

But what of the book? How much of a relaunch or a reboot will it be? Will it be a Green Lantern continuing the plots as normal, or a Firestorm, changing the rules?

It looks like it may be more the latter. As of Teen Titans #1, none of the Titans therein will have ever met before.

Oh and, tapping into that mention about DC being a more diverse range of characters, only four of the seven members will be white….

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/05/dc-relaunch-details-on-teen-titans-1/

Batman number 1 cover

Attachments

• bm_cv11.jpg
    bm_cv11.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 48
haha true. Neither company has the balancing act right. That is a big reason why comic sales are at an all time low.
Eh, I kinda doubt that. Overall comic sales always seem more based on Hype and collectibility rather than actual quality.

Like, despite the early 90s being filled with **** comics, sales were great because people thought all those #1s would actually be worth something later on. Nowadays, people are just financially disillusioned.

Who's the artist? I can't quite place it.

Greg Capullo...he was the artist on Quasar then X-force and then took over Spawn when MacFarlane stopped drawing them. He did the Spawn/Batman book also

With the Teen Titans news I'm further convinced that most things are getting revamped with the exception of Green Lantern and Batman, who were plenty successful before-hand.

How have DC been telling their long time readers to **** off since COIE?

Seems to me DC's biggest weakness in the mainstream side of things, was catering to the 40 year olds and ignoring getting new readers on board.

Case in point, Barry Allen.

Because COIE told the current readership and the long time readership at the time to **** off. And many of them took the invite and quit. Then Zero Hour told the rest of them to **** off. Then Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis told fans of your generation to **** off. Now this reboot might be telling everyone to **** off.

Or maybe they'll do the smart thing and try to bring everyone in.

And everyone would be ok with that except the Flash fans.

GL fans ultimately can get along because the characters that clash don't wear the same costume. Alan, Hal, and Kyle are best know in their own clothes. They do clash when it comes to 2814 or Earth as their jurisdiction but that problem is usually solved with expanding the assignment. "You're BOTH the officer for this sector."

With Flash the problem boils down to Wally fans having a death fetish for Barry and the fact that Wally started wearing the red bodysuit. Now no matter what happens he's always playing second fiddle to Barry in their eyes. And when I say eyes I mean the costume is a physical representation of that.

If Wally fans had seen him in his yellow togs as long as I saw him in them, they prolly wouldn't have a problem with him putting that suit or a variation of it back on and calling himself The Flash as well.

Jay.
Barry.
Wally.
Bart.

They are all Flashes too me. They just dress differently.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

Who is Scott Lobdell? Is he any good? I mean i could google him but i'd just get a bunch of comics titles so i'd like a personal opinion.

On another note, if this is really a reboot, i'd be very interested in seeing the founding of the JL and the Titans, with new dynamics and stories of course. Specifically for the Titans, i think that they shouldnt be as organized as they used to be. I mean here we had some teens hanging out in a tower and doing monitor duty. I didnt like those teen cops. I liked them more in that TT: Year one i think it was called where they were just starting and they didnt have a base, computers and all that.

I think it would work better if they re just teens teaming up and hanging out, perhaps getting their missions from the JL like in the YJ cartoon, and so on. Also, lets hope that they re not a bunch of *****ebags and losers this time around and that they dont die in horrific ways every other issue. Finally, i hope we get this roster more or less (add Blackualad for example, but the cool one from YJ).

1302727032798.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back