DC Universe - Superman: Man of Tomorrow

The director (Chris Palmer) has confirmed this will kickstart a new shared universe/continuity for the DC UNIVERSE DTV's.

EDIT: The article has now been updated to say it IS NOT the start of a new shared universe.

WB should just come out with next years slate/ plans now.
I don’t want another universe

I want adaptations.

Beyond TLH and Dark Victory I honestly want a Kingdom Come movie with a legitimate budget

I don’t want another universe

I want adaptations.

Beyond TLH and Dark Victory I honestly want a Kingdom Come movie with a legitimate budget

TBH, its the same with...well the DCEU or even the mindset regarding continuity with the X-Men films. What you said, that might be the mindset to an degree, but only with some people, others want a universe. Then there's a third option, which they have been doing, and that's why not both? But it feels like even with people that you yourself are implying to be, that option doesn't or will work, when that's not true. So the idea of this not being part of a universe, that would have to be a phase, because in the long run, its what everyone wants, and there's no need not to be.

I'm putting this in spoiler tags, as I think this UK Blu-Ray spine potentially spoils a plot point of the movie:

1.) That's clearly Brainiac at the top of the Blu-Ray spine. Perhaps the movie's big bad for the climax or part of an end credit tease for a follow-up movie?

2.) I might be crazy but that looks like Wonder Woman's bracelet, suggesting that the top of the Blu-Ray spines might create an over-arching image in the future AND that we could be looking at a brand new in-continuity set of movies. A new WW movie after Batman: Soul of the Dragon? We'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a link to Amazon UK where the image can be magnified.
I'm putting this in spoiler tags, as I think this UK Blu-Ray spine potentially spoils a plot point of the movie:

1.) That's clearly Brainiac at the top of the Blu-Ray spine. Perhaps the movie's big bad for the climax or part of an end credit tease for a follow-up movie?

2.) I might be crazy but that looks like Wonder Woman's bracelet, suggesting that the top of the Blu-Ray spines might create an over-arching image in the future AND that we could be looking at a brand new in-continuity set of movies. A new WW movie after Batman: Soul of the Dragon? We'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a link to Amazon UK where the image can be magnified.

Ok so I bought the blu ray and I looked at the spine and I know others have said it could be a tease to a shared universe.

But I’ve been thinking since WB said that this film isn’t the start of a new universe.

I’ve been thinking what if it’s a tease just too a direct sequel that features the return of Lobo and the debut of Wonder Woman with Brainiac as the big bad.

I mean it could be both So whatever way WB goes with it I’m excited.

Just finished watching this for the first time and I really really enjoyed it.
I loved animation style and I hope they stick with it.

Lobo was hilarious when he could’ve easily been annoying.

One thing I real liked is Martha mentioning that it wasn’t exactly easy to turn his baby blanket into a suit.
They had to use some serious tools :funny:

The film is available on Dc Fandom if anyone is interested to watch for free

They should have shown this movie on Day 1 of the fandome. Anyone who really wanted to see it have probably already seen it by now (and paid $20 for it).

Got to watch this via Fandome today finally.

It was...good. A solid 7/10. I really liked the animation style, and the voice acting was good to me. The story was a decent Superman Year One kind of thing. Nothing crazy though, nothing particularly standout, but a fun Superman animated movie. I think Superman Unbound is the best Supes movie we’ve gotten this far.

Managed to watch this before they took down all the links on DCFanDOME.

Overall I enjoyed it, animation was refreshing as hell, voices were all great. They did pack in A LOT of characters though which I think was a bit overkill. Did we really need Lobo? And if he already knows everything about Superman before he's even Superman...there has to be other Kryptonians out there or else it'd make no sense that he knew he was an Kryptonian and kryptonite kills him unless that is just a general weakness even back on Krypton.

My copy has arrived and will watch it this week and review later on, looking forward to watching it.

Bought this a week or so ago, just got around to watching it. I enjoyed it for the most part. Plot is a bit basic, but really enjoyed the animation style. Kinda wish they brought Brad Garrett to voice Lobo again. He's still my favorite voice for Lobo.

American Alien is one of my favorite Superman comics, so it was cool to see some of it get adapted.

I really enjoyed Superman Unbound as well. Actually really liked the comic it was based on too.

The Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite storyline from Jerry Ordway's run would make for a good Superman animated feature. It'd be a real treat to see Lex Luthor and Mister Mxyzptlk, two villains from the total opposite ends of Superman's rogues gallery, interact. And of course, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is a must. In general I find the Mxyzptlk storylines to be so creative and fun. It's a shame DC's animated department hasn't sought to utilise that character all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"