Deathstroke
Flash
Green Lantern
Joker
Lex Luthor
Superman
Wonder Woman

Facts
- Features 2 storylines, 1 from the DC point of view and one from the MK point of view.
- Each character will have 6 Special Moves (source: xbox magazine)
- The roster is aiming around 20-22
- Rated T, however there will be blood.
- Masks are breakable

New modes:
"Klose Kombat is a mode you'll initiate which pulls in the camera in close and has its own separate mechanics. Basically, when you initiate the mode you'll be the aggressor and your opponent will be on defense. In this closer view you'll be able to attack your foe's upper body with different types of blows for a set period of time. To keep things fair, your opponent will be able to perform a number of different defensive moves to dodge your attacks, provided they're fast."

"Freefall Kombat is another change of pace, tied in part to stage interaction. The mode is another player initiated sequence which is kicked off by you flinging your foe off a stage. Unlike previous games you won't just follow them down or watch yourself drop. Instead the camera will come in and you'll be able to fight on the way down. You'll have a slightly tweaked set of possible attacks in this mode, much like Klose Kombat."

Links:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6192868
http://www.gametap.com/articles/gamefeatures/mortal_kombats_creator_talks-05072008
http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/midway_gamers_day_2008/
http://www.crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Interviews/Interview831.aspx
http://gamespot.com/video/943567/6189499/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-video-interview-1

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat and DC comics doesn't seem like a very good mix.I can't imagine Superman doing a fatality.

Wow, kinda odd. Scorpion vs Batman?

Superman vs Goro?
Wonder Woman vs Sonya Blaze?
Tshang Sung vs Green Lantern??

Eh..

That list just proves how much of a bad idea that is.I really doubt it's true.

Superman should never be in any fighting game, ever, as really, there's no point to it. He would cut off Goro's head with his lazer eyes, fatality, the end.

Can't be true. It's just too random.

Then again, nobody thinks that Street Fighter vs. X-Men is all that odd, now is it? Oy.

I really hope they're just poking fun at the concept of a "Marvel vs. Capcom" MK/DC game. Crossing any thing DC with MK would only bring DC's rep down 50%.

if it doesnt show up on www.mk5.org, then dont trust it. Midways Gamer Day is two days away. Mortal Kombat 8 is supposed to be announced and shown in some form. A lot of activity on Ed Boon's website (noob.com) has got the MK community all riled up for whats next. So maybe we'll finally find out if its going to be a VS game or what.

Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. DC would make much more sense IMO.

Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs. DC would make much more sense IMO.
I cant see how the gameplay of SF could ever be meshed into a game with MK. Its not as if they are on a similiar level like SF was with SNK

GamesRadar will have an exclusive video reveal tomorrow and this is the pic they posted.

mkdcblogarticleimagexf9.jpg

Looks like Superman to me. Plus, if you save the pic from the link (or right click, properties), you'll see that the first part of the pics name is MKDC. There have been some rumors that this will only be for the Wii and that the 360/PS3 will get a real MK game. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

GamesRadar will have an exclusive video reveal tomorrow and this is the pic they posted.

mkdcblogarticleimagexf9.jpg

Looks like Superman to me. Plus, if you save the pic from the link (or right click, properties), you'll see that the first part of the pics name is MKDC. There have been some rumors that this will only be for the Wii and that the 360/PS3 will get a real MK game. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

I don't see how Midway could get the rights to Superman's character. Maybe he'll be a Superman parody?

Superman should never be in any fighting game, ever, as really, there's no point to it. He would cut off Goro's head with his lazer eyes, fatality, the end.

Unless of course they come up with a storyline that the Tournament takes place in Outworld and it's sun isn't affecting Superman the same way the earth's sun does.

Not thinking the rumors are legit. Simply throwing ideas around.

I don't see how Midway could get the rights to Superman's character. Maybe he'll be a Superman parody?

Maybe they made a deal with DC to create a MK VS DC game, or maybe they'll just include Superman as a bonus character like Soul Calibur did, with Vader and Yoda.

We'll find out soon enough.

Sorry if I'm getting too geeky but the only MK character who character who could possibly stand up to Supes is Blaze and maybe Onaga.

A little trinkle of news coming in from GameSpot
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6189449

New Mortal Kombat details inKoming
Midway to announce the next installment in fatality-famous fighting series later today, game confirmed to be built using Unreal Engine 3.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Apr 17, 2008 12:28 pm PT
The Earth realm has been a pretty quiet place since 2006's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon pummeled PlayStation 2 and Xbox owners into submission with over 60 playable characters--and even and a kart racing minigame. The last installment in the series came in May 2007, when the Wii port of the game--one of the first fighting titles for Nintendo's popular console--hit the US market.

Now, the evil forces of the Outworld appear ready for another round. Later today, Midway Games will officially unveil the Mortal Kombat game at its Gamers Day event in Las Vegas. Presumably, the title in question is the next-generation installment of its famously gory fighting franchise that the company announced last October.

Since then, Midway has been mostly mum on the next Mortal Kombat, but the publisher has confirmed for GameSpot that it is being built on a "highly modified" version of Unreal Engine 3. The Chicago-based company has made much use of Epic Games' oft-licensed engine, featuring it in games like Stranglehold, Area 51: Blacksite, Hour of Victory, and Unreal Tournament 3.

Check back with GameSpot soon for a more in-depth look at the new Mortal Kombat and the other wares Midway will be hawking at its press event.

MK and DC together? that's too good to be true, for me at least

If they're going to go to all the roule of making characters for a DC fighting game, whay not keep it DC all the way? That would be amazing, if it was done well, especially on next gen systems.
But MK+DC? I have no fricken idea what that would even look like!..but I am scared of it.

this just appeared on noob.com
rain02.jpg

If you unscramble the words, it reads 'embargo lifts tomorrow'
Kinda sucks today, but I guess some more news will be coming in tomorrow about what went down at Midways Gamerday (today)

looks like Scorpoin to me...unless Tanya has been pumping some serious iron!

its scorpion vs batman , if you look at the arm he is holding up, its dark, and or black.. and you see the spike things that batman has on his arms........i will bet my next pay check that it is batman vs scorpion

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"