DC Vs Mortal Kombat?

Except for Sonya, I don't really see what's so wrong with the rest of the characters.

Raiden seems overdone. Scorpion was a little underdone I think.

It's all super comic book inspired, though. All of it. There's nothing inheritantly wrong with that in the least.

Raiden seems overdone. Scorpion was a little underdone I think.

I think it fits. Raiden actually now has a godly vibe and doesn't have simple Kung Fu clothing and Scorpion looks like a classic Ninja, just... well, dead. I really like how simple they kept his look, yet made it badass, with some subtle changes.

I just think Raiden's look would be better off by pulling it back a little. Less baggy clothing, a smaller hat...Scorpion could use more yellow.

Sonya...is clealry just a fanboy's wet dream come to paper.

uh...hmmm.

I'm glad they didn't overdo it. The whole Ninjas with different colors was the epitome of comic bookish and I didn't like how they later looked like Superheroes mixed with Ninjas, with their tights and all.

There's nothing wrong with how Scorpion looks, but the "EXTREME DEMON BLOOD!" thing in his bio is stupid. Raidens clothing and hat are both ridiculous. And since when is Kano half terminator? It's trying way too hard to be serious and gritty, two things that MK is totally not. It's cartoonish, and full of violence that's like a gory 3 Stooges, not "WE ARE ALL SO DARK AND TORTURED! OH GOD, LOOK AT ALL THE SPIKES ON MY GLOVE! I'M FIGHTING IN MY PANTIES!!!!"

Mortal Kombat is all about mutilation and gallons of blood, so Scorpion wearing the blood of a demon isn't really all that crazy. Raiden, well, that's a matter of opinion. Your complaint about Kano, when's the last time you've played Mortal Kombat? With each game he looked more and more like a Terminator.

There's nothing wrong with how Scorpion looks, but the "EXTREME DEMON BLOOD!" thing in his bio is stupid. Raidens clothing and hat are both ridiculous. And since when is Kano half terminator? It's trying way too hard to be serious and gritty, two things that MK is totally not. It's cartoonish, and full of violence that's like a gory 3 Stooges, not "WE ARE ALL SO DARK AND TORTURED! OH GOD, LOOK AT ALL THE SPIKES ON MY GLOVE! I'M FIGHTING IN MY PANTIES!!!!"

That's the thing. Mortal Kombat has always appeared silly to us but I don't think it was a self aware or "wink wink" kind of silly. The game was over the top and at times silly but the tone was always dark and even for it's time serious. Hell the reasons you just explained only add to the silliness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"