Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 9: "Raiders of the Lost Art"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Legends_of_Tomorrow_Poster_683x1024.jpg

LOST MEMORIES — When Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and Malcolm Merlyn (guest star John Barrowman) try to capture Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) in 1967, they create an Aberration big enough to draw the attention of the Legends. However, when the team arrives they discover that Rip has no memories of his past due to “time drift” and is just a graduate film student. After trying to convince Rip of who he was, they discover that he possesses an incredibly powerful artifact known as the Spear of Destiny, which the Legion of Doom is after. Ray (Bradon Routh) and Nate (Nick Zano) realize that the Aberration has also affected them personally making it difficult to help the team. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) asks Stein (Victor Garber) for help and makes him promise to keep it a secret from the team. Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Chris Fedak.

TRAILER
[YT]Zt--ze3CuGU[/YT]

Can't wait to see how involved their George Lucas is in this, should be cool.

[YT]DcPJNddzshc[/YT]

And now time for the new...well, time slot. It feels appropriate after Flash.

Tonight's the night for Legends' new time on Tuesday!!

Oh, they actually went and coined Legion of Doom, something we didn't even hear on Justice League Unlimited. The kid in me watching reruns of Challenge of the Superfriends is pleased.

Merlyn wanting to see Frank Sinatra?! :funny:

Last edited:
I found it funny seeing Merlyn and Darhk walking down the street together and talking about non super-villain stuff.

I hope they expand the Legion of Doom with Gorilla Grodd.

no Star Wars movie? *Darth Vader voice* Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On the plus side, George Lucas dropping out of film school also means we never get the Star Wars prequels or the Star Wars Holiday Special.

NOOOOOOOOOO, no Star Wars or Indie, say it ain't so!:cmad::oldrazz:

Last edited:
This is definitely one of my favourite episodes so far!

Trash compactor. I understood that reference.

This show, the character interactions and building, improved teamwork, and fun factor combined into one...this episode is emblematic of why Legends might be my favorite of the four DCCW shows on this season.

EDIT: With episode over, I like how serious Sara takes this loss, even though the team did manage to score a win with what they retrieved. It really shows how serious she takes the job and how she's comfortably growing and accepting the role of leader.

Last edited:
Everything was going so well with this episode until the writers stuck some of the characters in a trash compactor and had them repeat lines from Star Wars. After that, it became hard for me to take the events of the remainder of the episode seriously.... which is sad since I was really enjoying things up until that point.

6 out of 10 (generously) for the writers going a step too far with the meta-references and killing their own momentum in the process.

On the plus side, George Lucas dropping out of film school also means we never get the Star Wars prequels or the Star Wars Holiday Special.
lol no it doesn't it didn't stop Quentin Tarantino way after him it won't stop George Lucas. that's the difference between the old days the 70's, 60's, 70's & 80's and now where you need the credentials

Alot of people pulled these things off regardless of school. It was meaning less back then for the career's they chose compared to now.

Everything was going so well with this episode until the writers stuck some of the characters in a trash compactor and had them repeat lines from Star Wars. After that, it became hard for me to take the events of the remainder of the episode seriously.... which is sad since I was really enjoying things up until that point.

6 out of 10 (generously) for the writers going a step too far with the meta-references and killing their own momentum in the process.

I agree as the Star Wars references took me out of the story.

You know, after that, I want to see White Canary fight with a light saber!:cwink:

I would actually like to find out on how the real George Lucas would react upon watching this episode.lol

This episode was great. So hilarious.

I loved how they admitted Savage was made weak last season.

I'm confused why Rip didn't run at the end.

FUNNY!

This show often don't make sense but I just go with the flow and enjoy it. :)

Yup. never thought I would hear Howard the Duck mentioned on a DC show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"