Dead Stars To Star Again In Movies?

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
13 August 2008 10:34 AM, PDT

It is now possible to produce a new movie starring Marlon Brando -- a virtual Marlon Brando, according to Neil Dessau, chief marketing officer for Advanced Micro Devices. Unveiling the company's new Ati Radeon graphics card in New York Tuesday, Dessau said that the card will permit directors to control not only the lighting, staging, and dialog of movies digitally but also create virtual actors and easily manipulate their facial expressions. The online edition of Advertising Age quoted Jules Urbach, founder of a firm developing high-quality animation as saying that it is now "possible to bring back actors from the past and realistically put them in new films."

So, who knows, the future of Hollywood is perhaps not only remakes of old movies but also "remakes" of dead actors. ;)

The catch is making a voice program for seamless transition. We already have the technology to make something look real via CGI...but we now need voice technology. Until then...Brando won't be there.

Hmm... This is good for series like Indiana Jones & Die Hard. We can still have Harrison Ford & Bruce Willis in the role even when they're uber old. :)

But would the whole cast be this type of CGI?

Wasn't there a lame Al Pacino movie that dealt with something like this?

Hmm... This is good for series like Indiana Jones & Die Hard. We can still have Harrison Ford & Bruce Willis in the role even when they're uber old. :)
NooOOooOOoooO! :huh:

The catch is making a voice program for seamless transition. We already have the technology to make something look real via CGI...but we now need voice technology. Until then...Brando won't be there.

They can just take all their dialogue from ALL their movies and interviews and cut and paste it to make NEW dialogue. Booya.

Call me closed minded but I find the entire concept of this idea both, appalling and disgusting. Clearly, it's a sign that all such moviemakers care about is making money, so much so to the point that they no longer respect the deceased. It's akin to digging up somebody's body from the grave to be made into a marionette.

They can just take all their dialogue from ALL their movies and interviews and cut and paste it to make NEW dialogue. Booya.
To sound like Microsoft Sam.:o It would be uneven and limited of course. They need a program like in Mission Impossible in which a set of recorded voice work can become whatever you say or type in the other person's tone.

I've been wanting this for YEARS. Voice technology is already taking massive steps towards perfect quality...and CGI is fantastic.

I would LOVE to see them revive dead actors using the technology. A young Harrison Ford (ok, he's not dead, but he's old!), the chance to see Marty and Doc return for another Back to the Future, never aging.

Yeah. I don't like this idea. I get that their are alot of great dead actors and actresses, but I'm sure they wouldn't want their image taken and replicated after their death to make a new movie with them.

There are TONS of good actors and actresses in Hollywood now that can fill roles and they are living, breathing and healthy. There is absolutely no need for such a technology. :o

Sure there is!

to bring dead or aged actors back into their prime! :)

Well, they are already doing it in those new DirectTV ads, albeit not with dead actors.

Well, they are already doing it in those new DirectTV ads, albeit not with dead actors.

wait...are those really CGI?? I thought they just took real actors and did some face manips...

If those are actually fake I am totally 100% sold and excited on the idea.

I'm pretty sure Brando, Dean, anyone who ends up or ended up replicated by this would not want it. Sure, we can't say for sure, since they are dead, but they had their prime. They are still remembered for their prime. Let them rest in piece. This is a truely disgusting technology. :o

wait...are those really CGI?? I thought they just took real actors and did some face manips...

If those are actually fake I am totally 100% sold and excited on the idea.

I thought they looked kinda fake to me, but when I saw those commercials I thought they are probably done by computer or something.

A little digital necromancy never hurt anyone! =D

I read about this a LONG time ago, in I think Newsweek; and they were talking about maybe using it with George Burns. I'm surprised it took this long to get to fruition.

I don't think alot of actors will agree with their likeness used in sequels.
For example Ford using his body as a CG model in a Indiana Jones sequel 20 years from now.
I remember reading an article where some actors were getting worried with the recent trend in CGI animation to create photorealistic humans.

Still i'd love to see a movie like Beowulf with the likeness of actors .
Imagine if they made Kingdome Come with the likeness of Christopher Reeve .

This is a stupid idea... I don't care for actors look, I care for their acting, and the emotion they can put in it... **** the stupid machine trying to act like brando...

I can't take it. I was spooked for weeks after seeing Celine Dione duet with Elvis, creepy. :csad:

This is a stupid idea... I don't care for actors look, I care for their acting, and the emotion they can put in it... **** the stupid machine trying to act like brando...

Same. It sounds like the worst idea ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"