Sequels Survey: What do you want to see most in "X4"?

#1.) WHO SHOULD RETURN IN THE CAST?
- Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
- Patrick Stewart as Xavier
- James Marsden as Cyclops
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Ian McKellen as Magneto
- Rebecca Romijn as Mystique
- Tyler Mane as Sabretooth
- Ray Park as Toad
- Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde
- Shawn Ashmore as Iceman
- Kea Wong as Jubilee
- Aaron Stanford as Pyro
- Daniel Cudmore as Colossus
- Kelly Hu as Deathstryke
- Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler
- Kelsey Grammer as Beast
- Ben Foster as Angel
- Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut
- Eric Dane as Multiple Man
- Other

#6.) WHICH MALE X-CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE A BIGGER ROLE THIS TIME?
a.) Angel
e.) Colossus

#7.) WHICH FEMALE X-CHARACTER SHOULD HAVE A BIGGER ROLE THIS TIME?
b.) Rogue
c.) Kitty Pryde
d.) Jubilee

#8.) SHOULD ANY ONE BE RECAST?
c.) Maybe a few, but there are a few that need to stay.
(If you chose c., say who shouldn't be recast)
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Rebecca Romijn as Mystique
- Tyler Mane as Sabretooth
- Ray Park as Toad
- Kea Wong as Jubilee
- Aaron Stanford as Pyro
- Kelly Hu as Deathstryke
- Ben Foster as Angel
- Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut
- Eric Dane as Multiple Man

#9.) WHICH BLUE MUTANT SHOULD RETURN IN THE FILM?
d.) All of the above (so what if the budget explodes?!?)

#12.) SHOULD MAGNETO BE THE MAIN VILLAIN OR NOT?
b.) Include him, but not as the main adversary.

#13.) IF MAGNETO ISN'T BACK AS THE MAIN VILLAIN, WHO SHOULD BE?
a.) Sentinels (The Danger Room training session in "X3" doesn't count)

#14.) AS IF I HAVE TO ASK THIS. SHOULD GAMBIT BE INTRODUCED?
a.) YES!! I've been waiting since the first movie, so please bring him in!!

#18.) WHOSE POWER(S) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE OF MOST ON FILM?
(Rogue isn't included 'cause of her own category)
b.) Colossus's armored form
c.) Iceman's ice powers, including the ice sled (Why wasn't it in "X3"? What a gyp!!)
d.) Kitty Pryde's phasing ability
e.) Cyclops's optic blast, if he returns

#19.) WHICH NEW CHARACTER (BESIDES GAMBIT) DO YOU WANT TO SEE MOST?
a.) Havok
b.) Forge
c.) Polaris
e.) Magneto's grown-up children, twin siblings Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
f.) Other - Hellion, Rictor, Avalanche, Siryn, Banshee
Wow, quite a big cast of actors and new comers u have there...so how do u think they will pay for all of this? not only do u want all the blue mutants to return but u want sentinels and u want new mutants and so on...
Yeah imagine me wanting X-Men characters in an X-Men movie. As for pay, they drop a paycheck by dropping Berry, the most argued flaw the X-films. I honestly prefer a reboot but if they do it right, I'll take another sequel, but this is Fox we're dealing with so that's not the case. And most new characters are inspired from my X-4 story(which is still unfinished, but overall reception is good). I'm not expecting every single character to have the same amount of screentime but as long as they're more than just cameos I'm fine.
And by the way I wasn't the one nitpicking at your answers so I see no need to nitpick at mine.
not only will the studios not allow a budget that size but the movie will never make up for it or make a profit and how do u expect a good movie with all those characters? hmmm
You don't know if the studios won't make a profit from it. The X-World is huge and I find it pathetic when people want to keep it small and enclosed to only a few mutants when the best stories from the comics have been huge ensemble pieces.

For one i dont think u should judge my answers and rather respect my opinions....and ill explain my reasons since ur not respectful and must know...

Yes Storm and beast with bigger roles....I am a storm fan so naturally i want more for her...problem?

Beast because i enjoyed Kelseys acting and his characterization...colossus has had 3 chances to have a bigger role and hasnt had luck so why keep trying? rogue had a huge role in x1, probably bigger than storms so keep her as a sidekick....and angel i would like a bigger role but if u bothered to look at my answers i said i would like to see him as archangel which naturally would mean hes the villain and have a bigger role :)

and gambit has been promised and scratched from the scripts....making an x4 is pushing it and is exhausting the actors and the studios so why give him a major role now? give him a cameo as big as angels in x3 or as big as nightcrawlers in x2 i dont think thats bad...

thanks and i hope u are more open minded and see why i chose those...

I was respectful, wolfgang, I only was surprised to see some answers, because are very different from the opinion of the mayority of tha fans.

I understand you love Storm and Beast and want more, I like them too, but definetly other characters deserve a bit more, because it's a team movie, I think most of us are agreed that each x-men deserve a momment to shine, in each film.

And about Gambit, I found it a bit funny (with respect) that most of us want him for X4 and you say only as a cameo. Was only that, without problems. Don't be ofended. :yay:

See you.

and gambit has been promised and scratched from the scripts....making an x4 is pushing it and is exhausting the actors and the studios so why give him a major role now? give him a cameo as big as angels in x3 or as big as nightcrawlers in x2 i dont think thats bad...

What?

I was respectful, wolfgang, I only was surprised to see some answers, because are very different from the opinion of the mayority of tha fans.

I understand you love Storm and Beast and want more, I like them too, but definetly other characters deserve a bit more, because it's a team movie, I think most of us are agreed that each x-men deserve a momment to shine, in each film.

And about Gambit, I found it a bit funny (with respect) that most of us want him for X4 and you say only as a cameo. Was only that, without problems. Don't be ofended. :yay:

See you.

Trust me, I love Gambit too, in fact hes always in my team when i play x-men legends, i would rather see Gambit than nightcrawler, colossus, kitty, beast, and many others all im saying is that u know how bad the studios are with the amount of script they give to a new mutant. I would love to see Gambit in X4 and in fact in another thread mentioned that if Gambit was in X4 they should start off the movie by having him chased by Mr Sinister then he runs into the mansion for help or something. I just dont want them to give him 3 lines and a few effects like Psylocke in X3. I want him to be a major part in the movie.

The thing about Storm and Beast is that Yes i understand its a team work thing but it hasnt really been for the last 3 movies so im taking it for what it is and picking my two favorite mutants and hoping its mostly about them which I dont know how it got that Beast is my favorite I just loved Kelseys acting lol

X1 was about Rogue and Wolverine
X2 was about Wolverine and....Wolverine :)
X3 was about Wolverine, Phoenix, Storm (kinda)

If they havent made a movie about the whole team, showing all of the characters in a rightful way, I dont expect them to do it in X4, X5, or X6 if it gets to that lol

I understand you, but all depend of the director and writers.

If a good direct is signed, he can want a script about a team, not about one character only. Josh Whedon, for example, I think would do a team movie.

And now that Logan has his own movie, more the protagonism that had in the previous three films, they probably won't make him the center in X4, yes, probably will be there in a good role, but not center. I wish it, at leat.

Pick from any of the following, as many as you want:
- Storm (recast)
- Famke Janssen as Jean Grey/M. Pryor
- Ray Park as Toad
- Kitty Pryde (recast)
- Jubilee(given bigger role, needs recast)
- Aaron Stanford as Pyro
- Colossus (recast)
- Ben Foster as Angel

#2.) SHOULD WOLVERINE BE THE MAIN CHARACTER AGAIN?
c.) No, he has had three movies and a solo film

#3.) WHO SHOULD LEAD THE X-MEN?
b.) Storm

#4.) LET'S SAY CYCLOPS SURVIVED. SHOULD HE RETURN?
b.) Yes, but in a supporting role

#5.) OKAY, THEN. SO, IF CYCLOPS DOES RETURN, SHOULD JEAN GREY COME BACK TOO? AFTER ALL, SHE IS NAMED PHOENIX FOR A REASON.
b.) Yes, but as a villain. It's possible she could turn back into Dark Phoenix mode.

b.) Beast

d.) Jubilee

b.) Sure, why not? It's been three movies and some actors would be too costly to get back.

b.) Beast

#10.) SHOULD ROGUE RETURN, SHOULD SHE PERMANENTLY GET MISS MARVEL'S POWERS SOMEHOW EVEN IF THEY MAKE UP A NEW CHARACTER WITH HER POWERS (A LA NEW CHARACTER JASON STRYKER WITH MASTERMIND'S POWERS IN "X2") THAT SHE ABSORBS THE POWERS FROM OR BY SOME OTHER MEANS?
d.) No, just keep the absorption power. The other powers aren't necessary.

#11.) IF CYCLOPS AND JEAN RETURN, WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE A SCENE WITH THE ORIGINAL X-MEN (XAVIER, CYCLOPS, JEAN, ANGEL, BEAST AND ICEMAN) TOGETHER?
a.) YES!! That'd be SWEET!!

b.) Include him, but not as the main adversary.

a.) Sentinels (The Danger Room training session in "X3" doesn't count)
b.) The H*llfire Club
c.) Apocalypse
d.) Mr. Sinister

b.) Yes, but as a cameo and give him a bigger role for "X5"

#15.) IF GAMBIT IS INCLUDED, SHOULD HE END UP WITH ROGUE?
c.) No, thanks. She's with Bobby, remember?

#16.) IF NIGHTCRAWLER RETURNS, SHOULD HIS FAMILY TIES TO ROGUE AND/OR MYSTIQUE BE EXPLORED?
a.) Yes, keep it true to the comics

#17.) IF ANGEL RETURNS, SHOULD HE BECOME ARCHANGEL?
b.) Yes, but in another sequel

Choosing from any of the following, as many as you want
a.) Storm's weather control powers
c.) Iceman's ice powers, including the ice sled (Why wasn't it in "X3"? What a gyp!!)

a.) Havok
b.) Forge
c.) Polaris
d.) White Queen

#20.) FINALLY, WHO SHOULD WRITE AND DIRECT "X4"?
g.) None of 'em -- give it to someone new

- Storm (recast)
- Famke Janssen as Jean Grey/M. Pryor
- Ray Park as Toad
- Kitty Pryde (recast)
- Jubilee(given bigger role, needs recast)
- Aaron Stanford as Pyro
- Colossus (recast)
- Ben Foster as Angel

Not trying to be critical - just offering my opinions. No disrespect intended. :cwink:

Why recast Storm? Given that she was one of the main characters in the trilogy, recasting her would be awkward. Plus, I think Halle appreciates the role much more than most others would. She's actually been openly advocating and rallying support for an X4. Try finding an actress with that much love for her character!

I can understand recasting Kitty. She's already been played by three different actresses, her role in the first two movies were minimal, and her role in the third more still wasn't that huge. Recasting wouldn't be awkward, as long as the actress weren't too different from Ellen Page. On the other hand, I didn't think Ellen was bad. I think all she needed was a little bit of a makeover. I saw a picture of her with really full, layered hair that complimented her really well. Don't fear the hairspray, baby! ...Or the scissors. Get those layers back! :oldrazz: Aside from that, all she needs is a little brighter makeup to freshen her complexion, and she's good to go. Any other problems one might have with the X3 Kitty, in my opinion, can be fixed with the rght script (and no, I don't have a problem with X3 Kitty. I would makie some adjustments in X4, but that's just a little character maturation and has nothing to do with criticising the direction she went in X3).

What's wrong with the Jubilee they had? Personally, I'd get rid of her alltogether, so maybe I'm just overlooking the actress's flaws because I don't want the character?

Lemme guess: you want Colosses recast with somebody who has - or can do - a Russian accent? Personally, I don't care about the accent, and I think Daniel Cudmore has a great look for the part.

1.) WHO SHOULD RETURN IN THE CAST?
- Halle Berry as Storm
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Kea Wong as Jubilee
- Ben Foster as Angel

(leave the brotherhood out, i love them but not in every film)

#2.) SHOULD WOLVERINE BE THE MAIN CHARACTER AGAIN?
b.) Include him as a lead, but don't have it revolve around him

#3.) WHO SHOULD LEAD THE X-MEN?

cyclops

#4.) LET'S SAY CYCLOPS SURVIVED. SHOULD HE RETURN?
a.) Yes, and as not only the leader, but a main character as well

#5.) OKAY, THEN. SO, IF CYCLOPS DOES RETURN, SHOULD JEAN GREY COME BACK TOO? AFTER ALL, SHE IS NAMED PHOENIX FOR A REASON.

d.) No, have her in flashbacks and let Cyclops mourn her. He ends up with White Queen later anyway.

a.) Angel
b.) Beast
e.) Colossus

a.) Storm

a.) NO WAY!! Most of the cast wants to return anyway, so let 'em!!

Beast
Nightcrawler

#10.) SHOULD ROGUE RETURN, SHOULD SHE PERMANENTLY GET MISS MARVEL'S POWERS SOMEHOW EVEN IF THEY MAKE UP A NEW CHARACTER WITH HER POWERS (A LA NEW CHARACTER JASON STRYKER WITH MASTERMIND'S POWERS IN "X2") THAT SHE ABSORBS THE POWERS FROM OR BY SOME OTHER MEANS?
a.) YES!! It's been three movies!! Let's see her fly!!

#11.) IF CYCLOPS AND JEAN RETURN, WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE A SCENE WITH THE ORIGINAL X-MEN (XAVIER, CYCLOPS, JEAN, ANGEL, BEAST AND ICEMAN) TOGETHER?
a.) YES!! That'd be SWEET!!

c.) No, he's been in three movies and he's cured. Have someone new.

b.) The H*llfire Club

a.) YES!! I've been waiting since the first movie, so please bring him in!!

#15.) IF GAMBIT IS INCLUDED, SHOULD HE END UP WITH ROGUE?
b.) Yes, but not in "X4" -- save it for "X5"

#16.) IF NIGHTCRAWLER RETURNS, SHOULD HIS FAMILY TIES TO ROGUE AND/OR MYSTIQUE BE EXPLORED?
c.) Yes, but only for Mystique. Isn't Rogue not related to any of them 'cause of her home with the D'Ancantos in "X-Men"?

#17.) IF ANGEL RETURNS, SHOULD HE BECOME ARCHANGEL?
b.) Yes, but in another sequel

Choosing from any of the following, as many as you want
a.) Storm's weather control powers
b.) Colossus's armored form

c.) Polaris
d.) White Queen

#20.) FINALLY, WHO SHOULD WRITE AND DIRECT "X4"?

b.) X2's team of writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty and director Bryan Singer

6/14/2007

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I have just added up all of the answers to the survey's questions and wanted to let everyone know that the petition has been put up. The final results of what made it into the petition may surprise you. You can read it, and hopefully sign it, here:

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=3911

If you don't agree with some of the choices and/or if you want to add something you want to see when you sign it, there's a Short Comment option under the Full Name section when you sign. I'm not sure how much room you'll have to comment, though. I would like to thank everyone that took the time to answer the questions of this survey and leave their comments. I appreciate you all taking the time to contribute.

Thanks again,
Stuart Green

Bryan Singer back to direct? omg hell no.... and Cyclops/Jean back? Havok, White Queen? uhh im not signing that either sorry ;)

:shakes head:

Hell to the naw.

Sorry, but what I want is significanty different from that petition. =/ Good luck, though. :)

Not signing too.
Jean back - nope
Rogue flying - no
Apocalypse - ...
Gambit + Rogue - not as a real relationship
White Queen, Polaris and Havok - no

and so on...

Not signing too.
Jean back - nope
Rogue flying - no
Apocalypse - ...
Gambit + Rogue - not as a real relationship
White Queen, Polaris and Havok - no

and so on...
I agree with all of the above, except thatI do want Gambit and Rogue together. :yay:

as much as i love gambit and rogues relationship i do not see it happening in the movies, its too late shes with bobby..

6/15/2007

Well, I am sorry to hear that many of you were disappointed by the final results of what went into the petition. After all, I did make this for the fans. But everyone does have their own opinion of who/what should be in the next X-Men film.

Many don't want Rogue to fly (which is also mentioned in the petition), they don't want Bryan Singer back, they don't want Nightcrawler's family ties included, they don't want Jean back, and so on. But the final results just barely made it into the petition. Jean's return was one many didn't want, but despite that, it still got the most votes from fans who wanted her back. The same goes for Bryan Singer returning as the director. No matter who he was paired with as the writers, he got the most votes for the director. Now we all know fans are split on "Superman Returns" and he's directing a more action-packed Superman sequel than X4, but it's what was picked.

However, there are two things we can all definitely agree on: that they make an "X4" and that they make it a GOOD movie.

I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my survey, whether you liked the final outcome of the questions or not. I really appreciate all of the comments and the suggestions you left. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks again,
Stuart Green

as much as i love gambit and rogues relationship i do not see it happening in the movies, its too late shes with bobby..
There's an easy solution to that: they break up. :woot:

Seriously, I think a breakup is the next logical step with them. Bobby is both disappointed in her for taking the cure, and ashamed of himself for pushing her into it. Every time they touch, that guilt and anger (at both himself and Rogue) is gonna come over him like a tidal wave. I see them making love once, then he breaks up with her. Being angry at Rogue, he impulsively hooks up with Kitty. When Rogue returns to the Mansion, Bobby's feelings for her are rekindled. This creates the rift between the Bobby and Kitty. Of course, once Rogue/Bobby break up, we aren't going to want to see them again. Cue Gambit's entrance. Rogue/Bobby is gone forever, and Bobby has officially lost his one chance at true love. :oldrazz: :csad:

well i stand strongly against a gambit and rogue relationship for two reasons:

1. I want Josh Halloway to play Gambit and he looks WAY older then ANNA lol

2. If they break up, then in x4 they will have to show the break up, the tension between them, and then a new relationship forming between Gambit and Rogue, totally taking up time and space and totally not worth it. Like i said, its too late, they shouldve done that since X1...

I can say however that they should make them flirt or something as an ode to their other versions relationship..

well i stand strongly against a gambit and rogue relationship for two reasons:

1. I want Josh Halloway to play Gambit and he looks WAY older then ANNA lol

2. If they break up, then in x4 they will have to show the break up, the tension between them, and then a new relationship forming between Gambit and Rogue, totally taking up time and space and totally not worth it. Like i said, its too late, they shouldve done that since X1...

I can say however that they should make them flirt or something as an ode to their other versions relationship..
Well, I can't argue with reason 1. If they cast Josh Holloway, then no Gambit/Rogue. That's just one of the reasons I want Ian Somerhalder. :word:

Reason 2, though, I'd have to disagree with. The Rogue/Bobby breakup would take only one or two scenes: they make love; then afterward (while they're still in bed, even), Bobby tells her that he can't live with what she did. She storms out, and that's the end of it. The Relationship forming between Gambit and Rogue wouldn't be a waste of time, IMO, because it's a great and very significant aspect of the storyline. I'm thinking that X4 should be about setting the foundations for the relationship, though they don't actually become a couple until X5. Not sure if that makes you feel any better about the time spent on it, but that's how I think it would flow best.

Well, I can't argue with reason 1. If they cast Josh Holloway, then no Gambit/Rogue. That's just one of the reasons I want Ian Somerhalder. :word:

Reason 2, though, I'd have to disagree with. The Rogue/Bobby breakup would take only one or two scenes: they make love; then afterward (while they're still in bed, even), Bobby tells her that he can't live with what she did. She storms out, and that's the end of it. The Relationship forming between Gambit and Rogue wouldn't be a waste of time, IMO, because it's a great and very significant aspect of the storyline. I'm thinking that X4 should be about setting the foundations for the relationship, though they don't actually become a couple until X5. Not sure if that makes you feel any better about the time spent on it, but that's how I think it would flow best.

lmao where did the sleeping with each other come from? its a pg13 franchise lol..

i c wut ur saying i would rather see rogue and gambit than iceman and rogue so maybe it would be okay but i think the whole relationship thing is not necessary in these films that much. In x4 Jean is dead so wolvie should begin to flirt with storm and storm with wolvie, (which btw he shouldve gone with halle to begin with despite the storylines in the past just cuz shes hotter lol) and thats it...no more high school crushes and all that...im over that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"