Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The montage was awesome and my favorite scene in the movie because it uses the new remix of the Deadpool rap. I really want to know who's idea that was to use it in the movie and if it was Ryan Reynolds.

The montage was awesome and my favorite scene in the movie because it uses the new remix of the Deadpool rap. I really want to know who's idea that was to use it in the movie and if it was Ryan Reynolds.

They already had a montage scene (with that song), but the original version was the one you see in the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray. The final version is much funnier and flows better thanks to the added scenes.

As far as comic properties go, only Deadpool could pull off a sequel title like "The Untitled Deadpool Sequel" and get away with it. And have it actually work, too.

I suspect theaters, when they display the title (in the list of tickets for sale, etc.), will call it Deadpool 2. This might be the meta too far for me, but I'm curious to see how they'll play with it in the film.

I suspect theaters, when they display the title (in the list of tickets for sale, etc.), will call it Deadpool 2. This might be the meta too far for me, but I'm curious to see how they'll play with it in the film.

It's not overly meta to me. It's exactly right. Having the title be a parody of another comic book movie would've taken it a bit too far for my taste and would've been boring, but having it be "The Untitled Deadpool Sequel" would be neat.

I can understand why the studio would decide to simply call it "Deadpool 2" overseas, though.

Anyway, I haven't commented on the trailer, since I'm not on here too often (as I don't like the overall atmosphere in the forums): it's hilarious and kick-ass, and you can definitely see where David Leitch comes in at the helm.

First thing that sprang to mind is that this might be to the first "Deadpool" what "Aliens" was to "Alien." And Rob Liefeld later made the same comparison. Let's hope so!

P.S.: If that's really Terry Crews in the trailer I'm even more pumped for this sequel!

Last edited:
As far as comic properties go, only Deadpool could pull off a sequel title like "The Untitled Deadpool Sequel" and get away with it. And have it actually work, too.

I am just wondering. Will it be as vulgar as #1 was.

Theatres will call it Deadpool 2 on the digital screens and what not, the posters will use the actual title probably.

Theatres will call it Deadpool 2 on the digital screens and what not, the posters will use the actual title probably.

I agree for the most part except I'm not even convinced the posters will necessarily have a title at all. I think, as long as they depict Deadpool, it might not say anything else at all.

Fox forgetting to give it a title, cmon now. This is a new low for them.

Um yes. This would be the first untitled Marvel film. And why would I want films to be untitled?

Um yes. This would be the first untitled Marvel film. And why would I want films to be untitled?

As of now the title of the movie is "The Untitled Deadpool Sequel," which doesn't mean that they forgot to name it, but that the filmmakers chose this title for it. It's meta, you know?

But there's also the possibility that it might just be a placeholder. We'll see.

And if it upsets you so much I've got some good news for you: in several non-English speaking territories (such as Italy, Germany and Spain) it's simply called "Deadpool 2."

Last edited:
It's Rated R. What are you expecting? There are plenty of PG-13 comic book movies to watch. Quit crying.

:hehe:

Yeah maybe stick with Spider-Man if Deadpool's brand of humor is too much for ya.

Not everyone likes movies with dozens of dick jokes, Fboms etc all over the place..

Enough people did to make it nearly 800 million. People who don't like it won't be missed.

Not everyone likes movies with dozens of dick jokes, Fboms etc all over the place..

Then this movie likely isn't for them. That happens from time to time that not every single movie appeals to every single person.

Atlanta actress Zazie Beetz says that while Deadpool 2 will still feature the same style of wisecracks and sight-gags that made the first film a smash, she was thrilled at the prospect of exploring the more serious aspects of her character, the mutant heroine Domino.

“I loved exploring the dramatic parts of it,” Beetz told ComicBook.com at the premiere of the second season of her FX series. “For Domino specifically, I loved thinking about her past and pulling that into even the comedy of [what] we're doing it in the film, since it is based in that."

“In Deadpool 2 I think we go heavier than the first one did,” the actress added. “Like Atlanta, the themes are darker. I liked playing this woman who could meet Deadpool face-to-face and toe-to-toe. In terms of our wit and our banter, we match. It really was nice to play that.”

http://comicbook.com/2018/02/23/deadpool-2-actress-zazie-beetz-interview/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back