Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be useful to create a 'Deadpool 2 News and Discussion' thread, instead of breaking up the discussion on the sequel between here and the original movie's section.
i
Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as the 'Merc With a Mouth' Wade Wilson, aka Deadpool, and will produce Deadpool 2. Also returning are original scriptwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

The sequel will feature popular comic book characters Cable and Domino.

Tim Miller, helmer of the original movie, has recently stepped down as director following conflicts with star/producer Ryan Reynolds.

news

Ryan Reynolds is appearing on TBS' 'Conan' November 3rd.

I doubt he will delve into the current situation with director Tim Miller, but maybe he will offer an update on Deadpool 2. The last time he appeared on the show was for the Deadpool trailer debut.

Come on who expected white skin on a black actress ? come on now. it was never going to happen :)

While I admire that they played with her ethnicity in a sense that they reverted black and white, but for me it's just too radical departure from her comic book looks. I just love her chalk skin and black spot and I wanted to see it in live action. It's one of those cases when I really wanted almost exact translation to the big screen.

Oh well... :(

Regarding the possible use of Black Swan by Miller at one point (as mentioned a page or two back). I think he's a great candidate for a movie villain. A menacing character from a good story who doesn't have a long history in the comics. He would be reasonably simple to adapt imo.

Come on who expected white skin on a black actress ? come on now. it was never going to happen :)

Been through that when the concept leaked. Still could have given a patch darker than her skin tone or made her main skin tone more greyish. Domino hasn't always been depicted with the same exact tone.

Had she been a minor character, who only appeared for a few issues, with no popularity and barely known by anyone, I wouldn't be bothered by it. But she's a bigger and better character than Negasonic was in the comics, so to me all those changes to Domino are just plain bs.

In the original Deadpool they had already established a grittier and more realistic world and atmosphere, so the character design for Domino fits right in and makes sense.

Regarding the possible use of Black Swan by Miller at one point (as mentioned a page or two back). I think he's a great candidate for a movie villain. A menacing character from a good story who doesn't have a long history in the comics. He would be reasonably simple to adapt imo.
Yup, I agree.

Wonder who the villain in Deadpool 2 is - do you think it's Black Tom, as rumored?

She looks like some other character from the comics. Can't remember her name. It's not Nina. If somebody showed me this pic without saying what movie it is or what character - I'd probably never guess it's Domino.

Come on who expected white skin on a black actress ?
I did. I mean it's not like a Caucasian actress could've played the character without body paint, either. I wanted her to be white, not pink. As far as I know Caucasian people are not as white as hospital walls.

She looks like some other character from the comics. Can't remember her name. It's not Nina. If somebody showed me this pic without saying what movie it is or what character - I'd probably never guess it's Domino.
Misty Knight?

Last edited:
Guess they are going with the reverse coloring. Which is fine, she looks good. Love the reveal pic.

Now, how do they use the same motiff with Cable...

So does visual accuracy only matter when it comes to a character that the viewer knows?

So does visual accuracy only matter when it comes to a character that the viewer knows?

There's several other factors. This is one of them. The one is which studio is working on the movie where some changes are made. If Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige are producing the movie, there's probably a good reason for any change, because they would never ever let their fans down (aside from the Mandarin, but we've forgiven them since then... not Shane Black, of course, he should rot in comic book hell... THEM).

But this is a 20th Century Fox movie. And it doesn't matter that they've produced beautiful movies such as Logan and War for the Planet of the Apes just this year. They're scum. They're in ONLY for the money. And they're mistreating the comic book fanbase once again. No respect! What a bunch of hacks!

Uhm... #GetDeadpoolBacktoMarvel

In the original Deadpool they had already established a grittier and more realistic world and atmosphere, so the character design for Domino fits right in and makes sense.

Except then there's Deadpool himself. Comic accurate costume with emoting eyes and all.

Yup, I agree.

Wonder who the villain in Deadpool 2 is - do you think it's Black Tom, as rumored?

He's the only name I've heard so far. Though look to him being a loose adaptation like Ajax if so.

She isn't really like the comics but she looks really good. She could have big impact on pop culture like Harley Queen costume in Suicide Squad.

It's pick and choose. These are things fans feel passionately about so they're more often picky about certain things being more accurate than others.

Except then there's Deadpool himself. Comic accurate costume with emoting eyes and all.

He's the only name I've heard so far. Though look to him being a loose adaptation like Ajax if so.
As you said, they held back on Colossus costume-wise
...so Deadpool pops out more as the cartoony character he's intended to be in this "grittier and more realistic world..."

Other than what he was wearing Colossus looked pretty damned comic accurate.

Colossus was incredible in D1. Perfection.

So is Domino in the comics that color by choice like body paint or is it part of her mutation.

(So basically the leaked concept art was 100% legit.)

Not feeling it. Aside from looking nothing like the source material, the design they went with looks cheap and uninspired.

Man, I really miss Tim Miller. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back