• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do subscribe to the theory that Domino is just as nuts as Deadpool, only without the medium awareness.

I wonder, will that teenage atomic what's her name still be in it?? I liked her 'who could care less' attitude.

I wonder, will that teenage atomic what's her name still be in it?? I liked her 'who could care less' attitude.

Yeah, Negasonic Teenage Warhead will be in it (as will Colossus) and was featured in the first teaser poster and both trailers.

This poster offers a great overview to who's returning, and also who the big additions to the main cast will be:

__5a8f35b6245a0.jpg

Look what I spotted at my local AMC today:

DXTrz5rU8AAMQUZ.jpg

And, yes, looks like the title is OFFICIALLY Deadpool 2!

84 Days until the film comes out!!!!

Wow. Not long at all. I got lost in BP and IW hype but I'm seriously looking forward to this too. Even just more Deapool would be enough but Cable & Domino too!

The credits from the official website read:

DIRECTED BY
David Leitch

WRITTEN BY
Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick & Ryan Reynolds

PRODUCED BY
Simon Kinberg, Ryan Reynolds, Lauren Shuler Donner

CAST
Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand, Jack Kesy

So Reynolds is credited as co-writer this time around.

He does know the character, I'm sure he had some script input on the first/

Yeah, he has talked to them and gave his input daily since he was given the property. There are interviews somewhere about that. Maybe more so this time, who knows.

I thought Goodard was involved with this somehow though?

Last edited:
Yes, sometime between February and March of last year we learned according to reports that Goddard had joined the writing time. And there were some, myself included, who thought at first this meant Reese and Wernick were no longer involved, but that wasn't the case, especially after Reynolds tweeted out that yes, those two were still in this.

The credits from the official website read:

DIRECTED BY
David Leitch

WRITTEN BY
Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick & Ryan Reynolds

PRODUCED BY
Simon Kinberg, Ryan Reynolds, Lauren Shuler Donner

CAST
Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Brianna Hildebrand, Jack Kesy

So Reynolds is credited as co-writer this time around.

That’s pretty cool as he is passionate about the character!

Yes, sometime between February and March of last year we learned according to reports that Goddard had joined the writing time. And there were some, myself included, who thought at first this meant Reese and Wernick were no longer involved, but that wasn't the case, especially after Reynolds tweeted out that yes, those two were still in this.

Drew Goddard got reportedly involved as a consultant, and at that point no one knew what exactly that was supposed to mean.

But when he's been tapped as writer/director on "X-Force" that mystery was solved. His collaboration with the writers was to make sure that the sequel would somehow flow with his movie, and he didn't have an active role in the writing of "Deadpool 2," which was handled by Rheese, Wernick and Reynolds.

Putting the Asian guy from Iron Fist as Shatterstar is inspired casting imo. Him in a R Rated movie is going to be fantastic. I expect him to be praised.

Has it been confirmed that Shatterstar is Lewis Tan?

And the REALLY important question... will he only have four fingers on each hand?

And if they are going to use Shatterstar, does that mean the Mojoverse isn't far behind?

Meh... I wanna be optimistic and have faith in Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
With "Zombieland", "Deadpool", "Life", "John Wick" and "Atomic Blonde" on their CV I really have no reason not to as of now.
Could be a "Guardians of the Galaxy"-type situation where the sequel isn't received as warmly as the original, but which I find to be a great sequel, and in several ways even superior to the first one.
On the other side they basically rewrote the movie from scratch after Tim Miller left, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Keep those expectations in check, guys.

Did you see it?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I'll try to stay optimistic.

Have any details leaked yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"