Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

I really enjoyed Once A Upon A Deadpool. I was far happier stepping out the cinema tonight than I was with the original version. Those Fred & Dead segments killed it. The theatre was packed (maybe partly due to that being literally the only time seemingly available to book). It still has some of the same problems as last time (Domino's character and make-up, the awkward millennial humour), but they don't seem as disappointing this time around.

Though the censoring does get more noticeable towards the end (or towards someone's unstoppable end at least). It does raise the question of what Disney will do with Deadpool's rating going forth. I don't think it's a question of will it at this point. It's doubtful they would follow suite every time by releasing the R rated version followed by a limited release family friendly version with extra material (not that I'd complain if they did). Maybe they can compromise by doing an unrated home release with the theatrical release being more Disney friendly.

Hey, since TJ likely won't be back (because... y'know...) they could always use more Fred. ;)

I'm probably gonna go ahead and see this tomorrow after work just because the money goes to sick kids.

Also, if you do go see it. Stick around until the very end. It's not just the Juggernaut tune this time. Best to go unspoiled for that imo.

Liked the extra footage -

I want to BEEP Matt Damon.

I thought this was worth seeing. At it's core, it is mostly Deadpool 2 with less blood and less cursing, which hurts a few jokes from the main movie, but mostly it plays the same. But the new footage with Fred Savage is hilarious, and there are a lot more bonuses after the credits. Not going to lie, I felt things.

Is this out already?

Question, have they shown most of the Fred / Deadpool segments in the trailers / clips? I saw a clip last night of Deadpool censoring himself.

From what I know is posted, there is a fair amount not shown in trailers and clips.

Yes, I must admit, the stuff shown at the very very end was quite touching. Those who have seen it know what I mean.

Shouldn't you be tickled with glee about that score, psy? These films aren't your jam- you're just waiting for the next iteration of the mutants.

And never expected something stellar for an abridged take on Deadpool 2?

It's been announced that the theatrical release of Once Upon Deadpool has been scrapped.The movie will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD at a later date in The Netherlands. Initially the plan was to open the movie in early January.

Maybe they can compromise by doing an unrated home release with the theatrical release being more Disney friendly.

Absolutely not.
Keep makin' 'em R-rated (incl. "X-Force," FFS) and then release a PG-13 version for you and Grace Randolph.

It's coming out on blu ray this month. I am going to pick it up.

Once Upon a Deadpool never came to theaters here in SE KY.

Deadpool 2 is China-bound. Kind of.

‘Deadpool 2’ Secures China Release Date

The Merc with a Mouth is officially coming to China. Or at least, a Merc with a somewhat washed-out mouth.

Fox is releasing a PG-13 reimagining of “Deadpool 2” in the Middle Kingdom on Jan. 25, Variety has confirmed. The Mandarin Chinese title translates to “Deadpool 2: I Love My Home,” and promotional posters tout Ryan Reynolds’ masked hero coyly covering his mouth with the words “I just won’t tell you.”

A partially bowdlerized cut, titled “Once Upon a Deadpool,” was first released in December. It brought in around $6 million in the States and just under $1 million overseas during its two-week run. During its initial theatrical showing over the summer, the R-rated superhero comedy pocketed $734 million worldwide. Fox added ticket sales from “Once Upon a Deadpool” to the bounty of “Deadpool 2” so its domestic tally now stands at $324 million, along with $412 million from international markets.

Once Upon a Deadpool releasing in China kinda gives you their plan for the franchise and other R rated movies going forward. Keep the R rated rating in the west and release the PG 13 version in China.

If you thought the MPAA were hypocritical, draconian imbeciles, China has them beat by miles. They were gonna refuse Jurassic World 2 because a character admitted to being a lesbian!

Well, heck, at that rate, would they have to axe Yukio and Negasonic altogether?

Who is Wade going to be saying "Hi" and "Bye" to in the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"