Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I wouldn't personally know.
Apparently McTiernan came back and the aggregated consensus seems to be not even as good as the one that came before.

You should just watch the movies. I find Die Hard and Die Hard with a Vengeance (both directed by McTiernan) to be the best in the series. We're off-topic, though.

I still find that pattern you see to be non-existent.

- Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (which I like in it's Ultimate Cut, BTW, except for a couple of things). Not much clashing going on, actually. The film was just cut for runtime reasons. The backlash, however, led to the studio getting cold feet taking away Suicide Squad from David Ayer, and having the trailer company cut the theatrical version. Which no, shouldn't have happened.

To be fair, the runtime issue absolutely was a point of clashing. Zack Snyder made a three hour film. The studio didn't want the film to be that long. The movie ended up suffering from that.

Well, a 'yes man' likely wouldn't give every conceivable middle finger to the Venom subplot. Who knows maybe that 'yes man' could have merged those 3 barely related subplots more seamlessly.

I never got the impression that Sam Raimi deliberately sabotaged the Venom plot. Instead, he just didn't really understand it so he didn't do it properly.

I left out Ant-Man because I ended up really enjoying the film (mostly thanks to the script's freshness and it being a stand-alone story, having its own, real stakes, instead of being about the 'bigger universe'), even though I hated Falcon's cameo in it (the scene took me out of the story and really feels like foreign body). I'm still not happy about Edgar Wright getting the boot, though. This was his baby, and he pretty much conceived the story that ended up on the big screen (which is why I'm curious and a little worried about the next movie, which won't have the luxury of having an Edgar Wright-Joe Cornish penned script as a blueprint). And I'm sure his take would've been even more ambitious and insane.

It wasn't good BECAUSE Edgar Wright left. It ended up being good IN SPITE of him leaving.

I think this is very unfair. Adam McKay is an Academy Award winning writer. I'd love to have seen what Edgar Wright's script looked like, but he wasn't replaced by a talentless hack.

And, ultimately, that's my thoughts on Deadpool (to bring it full circle). It's sad when talent gets replaced, but it's OK when it gets replaced by more talent. That's pretty much what we should be looking for here.

I think this is very unfair. Adam McKay is an Academy Award winning writer. I'd love to have seen what Edgar Wright's script looked like, but he wasn't replaced by a talentless hack.

I never said that Adam McKay is a talentless hack. The Big Short is one of my favorite movies this year. But as much as he and Paul Rudd may have rewrote, the main bulk of the script was already there. It was Wright's idea to focus on Scott Lang, being mentored by Hank Pym, and to set the story around a heist. And the same goes for director Peyton Reed. You have to remember that Edgar Wright was way into pre-production on Ant-Man, so he laid A LOT of the groundwork that went into the movie we saw.

And, ultimately, that's my thoughts on Deadpool (to bring it full circle). It's sad when talent gets replaced, but it's OK when it gets replaced by more talent. That's pretty much what we should be looking for here.

I agree. So let's hope they sign David Leitch to direct Deadpool 2!

So bringing Cable onboard does mean we're getting some kind of time travel scenario cause it would seem odd to put the idea that Cyke and Jean are going to make him some time in the 90s.

It's not Deadpool-related, but since he was attached to it, Tim Miller is now setting his sights on a Sonic the Hedgehog film with Sony.

So there's that, I suppose.

Miller and his longtime Blur Studio collaborator Jeff Fowler have been tapped to work on the project, on which Fowler would make his feature directorial debut.

The duo are working with Neal H. Moritz (the Fast and Furious franchise), who is producing the adaptation. Miller will act as an executive producer on it.

Miller and his longtime Blur Studio collaborator Jeff Fowler have been tapped to work on the project, on which Fowler would make his feature directorial debut.

The duo are working with Neal H. Moritz (the Fast and Furious franchise), who is producing the adaptation. Miller will act as an executive producer on it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661

Ugh, unless they completely reevaluated the plan, that concept seemed terrible. I'm sure Miller will help it the best he can, but I have no interest in a live-action/CG mix for Sonic.

Yeah, same here. Once again, I feel like they are just making a movie out of a game because it's a well-known property, despite the fact that there isn't much of a story there to pull from.

There was an saturday morning cartoon. I wouldn't say that's nothing. The problem I have is they're doing it in the style of Alvin and the Chipmunks movie or Smurfs movie. That at least involved humans and animals interacting.

No Junkie XL for Deadpool 2...

CwWVYtfUsAQCwuu.jpg

(At least one person was loyal to Tim. :o)

So much for Tim Miller barely having anything to do with Deadpool's success. ;)
Tom Holkenborg's score was another important element which made the original movie special.
The sequel is falling apart just a lil' bit without Miller at the helm.

Last edited:
score???? i dont remember too much of the score but i do remember the movie using the deadpool rap and a crap ton of great catchy songs from Salt-N-Pepa, DMX, Wham!,George Michael,etc.

score???? i dont remember too much of the score but i do remember the movie using the deadpool rap and a crap ton of great catchy songs from Salt-N-Pepa, DMX, Wham!,George Michael,etc.

It's time to refresh your memories. Junkie XL's score for Deadpool was badass and absolutely memorable.
I loved how he mixed traditional orchestral music with 1980's synthesizers.
His assault on the bad guys' SUV and the 12 bullets scnene wouldn't be the same without his music, and he contributed a lot to the movie's more emotional scenes.
It's a pity the only thing you remember are the pop songs. :cwink:

Well that another hit for Deadpool because he is great composer. But thing is I absolutely loved Deadpool rap and a crap ton of great catchy songs from Salt-N-Pepa, DMX, Wham!,George Michael, like @LoganGambit87 said. They werent his original scores, but those were his song choices what made elevate the movie.

Will he be missed, depends who they got. That person has obligation to find new songs which will fit with the movie and tone of the sequel. It might be harder than we think. We know how Suicide Squad had tons of pop songs and they were overused in the movie. You certainly dont want that to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the pop songs, as well. But Junkie XL's score was as important to the movie's feel.
It's really the balance between the songs and the score which makes it work.
It's sad that two important contributors to the original Deadpool movie have left the sequel. And of course the entire BLUR team, which was heavily involved with the design (including the looks for Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead, which so many comic book fans loved) is not returning, either.
And Junkie XL leaving, and his reasons to do so, says a lot about how much Tim Miller contributed to the original movie. People can call it "Ryan Reynolds' baby" as much as they want, but Miller was equally responsible for the movie we got.
I hope that they sign David Leitch to direct Deadpool 2. That would be good news for a change.

Last edited:
To be honest I can't remember the score so I don't care much

It's time to refresh your memories. Junkie XL's score for Deadpool was badass and absolutely memorable.
I loved how he mixed traditional orchestral music with 1980's synthesizers.
His assault on the bad guys' SUV and the 12 bullets scnene wouldn't be the same without his music, and he contributed a lot to the movie's more emotional scenes.
It's a pity the only thing you remember are the pop songs. :cwink:

not saying score was bad but the soundtrack is what people remember the most me included especially WHAM!

liked junkie's work on bvs and mad max way more

Shame about this creative team. Doesn't mean the next movie can't be good or even great, it's just I was looking forward to more from them. :(

It's okay guys, Ryan Reynolds is still here. He had major input on the first film and wrote most of the music himself and conducted the orchestra and played almost all the instruments and stuff.

This one is less troubling than Miller
like others have said, the licensed music is what stood out the most in the film
there were times where I thought the score was actually too much and should've been pulled back a bit

that said, I did dig the eighties instrumentation

Of course him leaving is much less of a blow than Tim Miller jumping ship.
But still, two of the people who have made the original what it s are not returning for the sequel.
Holkenborg leaving and especially his motivations are very indicative of how integral Miller was to the original movie's success.
Ryan Reynolds and the studio should better lock a great replacement as soon as possible, and hopefully the former has his ego under check on this one.

Hands up: besides the licensed music, who remembers any of the music from Deadpool? I certainly don't.

This isn't concerning news the score isnt as memorable as tdk score or even the avengers theme he won't be missed his work on mad max and bvs was more memorable tbh

The soundtrack was great. The score not as much. The cause for concern is that it's someone who leaves because of Miller, not the fact that he left.

People wanna fixate on the actual score/music. It's the very act that's concerning and his explanation for it.

Tim Miller's absence is going to be felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija