Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Smelly
Reaction score
Let's start this off.

TJ-Miller-Deadpool-Ed-Skrein.jpg

Ryan Reynolds’ ‘Deadpool’ Eyes ‘Silicon Valley’s’ T.J. Miller, ‘Transporter Legacy’s’ Ed Skrein (Exclusive)

http://www.thewrap.com/ryan-reynold...ller-transporter-legacys-ed-skrein-exclusive/

I've seen Skrein in Ill Manors and he was pretty impressive. Could totally see him as Ajax.

I thought Adam Pally was in BIG HERO 6 until the credits rolled and I realized it was T.J. Miller. He'd make a great Weasel.

I always think of Ryan Reynolds whenever I see Miller. I couldn't tell you why.

Solid choices for Weasel and Ajax.

Jay Baruchel would have been my choice for Weasel. He has the look and that shady yet geeky thing about him. And him and Reynolds would bounce off each other really well.

Yeah, he's been the fan fav for awhile. TJ Miller is a good choice though, he should have no problem reacting to Deadpools torment and rapid jokes in an entertaining way.

I usually hate those sorta movies but it was really clever. Plan B is a very intelligent guy.

This works. Who is one of Deadpool's nemeses?

Never mind, he has two villains. T-Ray and Slayback.

Never mind, he has two villains. T-Ray and Slayback.

Ajax will be the main one in the film. He's the one most connected through the Workshop where Deadpool is tortured, along with Dr Killbrew.

Taskmaster and Black Tom Cassidy are also a major Deadpool rivals along with the two you mentioned. Not sure if Fox owns Taskmaster though.

Last edited:
Marvel probably owns Taskmaster since he first appeared in Avengers and has a close association with more characters outside of the X-Men brand

Marvel probably owns Taskmaster since he first appeared in Avengers and has a close association with more characters outside of the X-Men brand

That's what I would have thought, but I think around 2010 Joe Carnahan mentioned he was talking about a Taskmaster flick with Fox producers. Tough to find info other then this interview. http://www.superherohype.com/news/102138-exclusive-joe-carnahan-on-taskmaster-and-preacher

Maybe he came with Deadpool's rights since Deadpool himself was an individual contract separate from X-Men that was originally at Artisan then New Line. He did appear in Deadpool Vol 1 quite often in the 90s. Probably more so then other solo books prior.

Last edited:
Glad to see Skrein continuing to get work. I'm still pissed about the whole Daario thing. The new Daario is like a boring version of Bronn.

He was pretty good in GoT. I hope he gets the role.

So since Marvel's saying "F*** you" to Fox just like killing Wolverine, cancelling Fantastic Four and retconning the Maximoff's parentage and now they're killing Deadpool, what are people's thoughts on this, especially given this movie's coming up?

[YT]WW3CsiWDwO4[/YT]

It's pathetic.

Marvel needs to stop canceling everything they don't own the film rights to. The fans aren't to blame.

Relax. We have known this for awhile. He's gonna get relaunched...like every other high selling Marvel Now book.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/28/deadpool-to-relaunch-in-2015/
But would that be the end? No. You may be getting Death Of Deadpool story leading up to #250 to parody the Death Of Wolverine series, but straight afterwards, there will be a Deadpool #1 again.
They’re not daft.
They have a Death of Deadpool storyline in every Vol of Deadpool comics, and the character of Death is literally in love with him cause he can't die. This has been there since Joe Kellys run. What sucks is that Gerry Duggan is more then likely leaving Deadpool after this. This Vol has been some of the best Deadpool material out there.

As for Wolverine, come on. So Marvel can kill Spider-Man (616 and Ultimate) and Nova (Rider), replace Thor and Cap, but they can't do that to Wolverine because his film rights are owned by Fox? Makes no sense. He'll be back just as Parker is. Take a look at the top 10 selling comics of 2014. Death Of Wolverine was #4, 5, 8 and 9. Now take a guess at how much "The Return Of Wolverine" #1 will make. That book was a huge win for Marvel and just boosted his popularity and demand in comics. Which is what they want cause lets face it, X-Men fans love to complain about Wolverine getting too much focus. Only marvel books to sell more were Amazing Spidey #1 and Rocket #1.

Plenty of books have been cancelled and relaunched other then current Fox film titles. Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Daredevil and Amazing Spider-Man have all been relaunched post original Marvel Now launch. While Avengers Undercover, Secret Avengers, Ghost Rider, X-Force, She Hulk and Invaders were/are getting cancelled. If a book doesn't sell you can very well blame the fans cause they are not buying it. Can't blame Marvel for cancelling a book that nobody is buying. Deadpool is pretty much the longest running title at Marvel Now, which shows you how things have changed in the past 5 years and how well he sells for them. Not too mention his other minis and countless Variant covers for other titles.

Now regarding Wanda and Pietro, I got nothing. Not a fan of that choice and I hope they don't go the Inhuman route. But it's a move for their benefit, not to piss off Fox.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really skeptical of the idea that these decisions are motivated by their fight with Fox. They seem to me motivated by wanting publicity. Even the Fantastic Four cancellation was probably due to low interest.

Yeah, I'm really skeptical of the idea that these decisions are motivated by their fight with Fox. They seem to me motivated by wanting publicity. Even the Fantastic Four cancellation was probably due to low interest.

Yep.

Fantastic Four and Wolverine will be relaunched eventually.

Thor got cancelled for years and Captain America got killed. Both of these characters came back.

Yep.

Fantastic Four and Wolverine will be relaunched eventually.

Thor got cancelled for years and Captain America got killed. Both of these characters came back.

Exactly, because, honestly, if they really thought that cancelling a comic title would have any impact on a movie they're fairly nuts. The readership for comics is less than 10 percent of the people who go to see a movie. So they'd only be hurting themselves while having to relative impact on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"