Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Gina Carano in Fast 6 so hopefully she's good in this. I know a lot of people wanted her to be Wonder Woman. It appears Angel Dust is a Morlock, so I guess they will play a role in the film.

I didn't think they'd tie it into the X-Men Universe that much but with Colossus still being in it maybe they'll even introduce Caliban and tie it in with Apocalypse as he has been Apocalypse's horsemen Death and Pestilence, but I doubt it because they gave Caliban's powers to Calisto in X3 with the terrible Omegas

Last edited:
I liked Gina Carano in Fast 6 so hopefully she's good in this. It appears Angel Dust is a Morlock, so I guess they will play a role in the film.

I didn't think they'd tie it into the X-Men Universe that much but with Colossus still being in it maybe they'll even introduce Caliban and tie it in with Apocalypse as he has been Apocalypse's horsemen Death and Pestilence, but I doubt it because they gave Caliban's powers to Calisto in X3 with the terrible Omegas

I think easy to guess

1:Deadpool will have a more modern setting if Colossus Is still In script.It will be intresting to see if Daniel Cudmore respises role.
2:Just like they can erase everything about Deadpool that was In Origins anything from last stand can be as well so if they want to have other morlocks with Angel dust they can.
3:It's looking unlikely now deadpool makes appearance In Apocalypse

I think easy to guess

1:Deadpool will have a more modern setting if Colossus Is still In script.It will be intresting to see if Daniel Cudmore respises role.

Oh yeah, didn't think about the time period haha. I like Cudmore but he hasn't shown the acting ability that he can carry himself in a more major role yet

That's going to be Intresting thing.Do they recast Colossus or not.

Deadpool may be set before the future ending of DOFP so deadpool can make comments on present things

I'd be fine with recasting Colossus. Cudmore did a good job for what the role called but with the character likely being a lot more featured I'd probably prefer a new more capable actor.

May cause continuity stuff but I'd hope he's be Russian in this, with the accent and all. If need be Al they have to establish is that in the OT he was born I Russia but emigrated to the US and in the new timeline he was raised ther

Hope they keep Daniel Cudmore for the sake of continuity. Kind of a slap in the face too if he's fine being in the other films, but not Deadpool because it'll require actual dialogue.

I didn't know Colossus was going to be in this. It is a good idea to feature some X-Men audiences are familiar with. Guys like Cudmore are cheap to hire probably.

Last edited:
Well at least Gina Carano is cast in this, so that people won't keep suggesting her for every other comic book role. At least she's finally gotten one.

They better keep Cudmore. That will be stupid if they recast him as he was just in DoFP.

Odd character for her to play in a Deadpool film. Have no idea what they are doing here.

The casting is great though! Glad they included more female characters who can kick ass :up:

Last edited:
I guess Colossus being in the script means it's in the modern setting. Would have hoped it was being more closely tied to Apocalypse but whatever.

Great casting.

It's better for Deadpool's sake to be in the present. They wouldn't sacrifice all the 4th wall and pop culture stuff in the script. Doesn't make sense.

Deadpool doesn't age and has ties to the past so he can be anywhere if Apocalypse have a role for him. Given how close these films are I would say he'd be a cameo at most.

Last edited:
Daniel Cudmore has responded to questions about his involvement. He's simply replied, he "can't comment" on the news.

Be nice if he was in, give it some small connection to the x-series at large even if it were a small roll. Not like he has much other than action scenes in most x-films anyway.

Colossus has a decent sized role here and actually has dialogue, as well as some awesome brutal action (more so then DOFP). Would suck to finally have something for the character to do finally and then not cast Cudmore right after he appeared in DOFP.

Daniel Cudmore has responded to questions about his involvement. He's simply replied, he "can't comment" on the news.

Sweet. Plus Carano now? DEADPOOL is now on my radar. Kind of surprised they're tying this to X-MEN. Fox, Kinberg, Donner, and Singer must have some interesting plans for this universe if Colossus is in this.

Sweet. Plus Carano now? DEADPOOL is now on my radar. Kind of surprised they're tying this to X-MEN. Fox, Kinberg, Donner, and Singer must have some interesting plans for this universe if Colossus is in this.

He's been in the original script since day 1. It's cause he can beat the **** out of Wilson and act as a moral compass for someone who appears not to have one.

This is all Rhett Reese, Wernick, Reynolds and Miller.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think he's the world's worst actor. I think he's done fine with what they've given him so far and I'm sure he can handle a larger role for Colossus.

He's been in the original script since day 1. It's cause he can beat the **** out of Wilson and act as a moral compass for someone who doesn't have one.

I loved reading his part in the script. Quite a few laugh-out-loud interactions with Deadpool.

I loved reading his part in the script. Quite a few laugh-out-loud interactions with Deadpool.

Yeah, his inclusion was a big wtf when I heard about it while back...but it's one of the funniest things in the script. And they make good use out of his character on top of his powers and size.

Should be great. Hopefully it's not censored.

Angel Dust, huh? Hmm. I think it would be hilarious if they just had like random Marvel characters Fox owns show up in this thing.

Angel Dust, or Morlocks were not in the original script but Colossus was, so I wonder if the female lead they're casting for is still Vanessa. I know Domino and Siryn have both been suggested.

A lot of Colossus' comedic value in the animated series partly came down to the Russian accent for me, hopefully it still translates without it if they go with Cudmore.

I could see Deadpool poking fun by finding out he's Russian and basically getting on his ass about why he has more of an American accent.

If they recast Colossus, then f..k it.
Keep Cudmore, as we saw him at end of new timeline.
Will be happy if Colossus is in it, and it doesn't have to be bigger role than in DOFP.
And looks like it's in present if Piotr has some scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"