The Dark Knight deleted scenes after all?? (spoilers)

bluedragon77

your my boy blue..
Reaction score
sorry if this doesnt deserve its own thread but for those who have seen te movie isnt there some scenes missing? didnt nolan say none of jokers stuff will be cut?? remember the picture of joker in the car? even a set vid of it.. remember the part in the trailer when he walks down the street and pulls out the knife? im pretty sure those arnt in there.. is there any others u guys can think of? what happened?

Could've just been a promo shot.

theres a bunch of missing scenes.

-batman jumping on cop cars
-potentially the joker in car backseat
-numerous alternate takes including 'then you're gonna love me', 'i like that', 'you'll see', 'kill the batman', 'where is he?' and 'this town is mine now' from the end of one of the tv spots or trailers, cant remember which.

theres a bunch of missing scenes.

-batman jumping on cop cars
-potentially the joker in car backseat
-numerous alternate takes including 'then you're gonna love me', 'i like that', 'you'll see', 'kill the batman', 'where is he?' and 'this town is mine now' from the end of one of the tv spots or trailers, cant remember which.

yeah i know about the alternate takes but im talking about full scenes or shots.. not just altered ones. i forgot about batman on top of cars that was awsome in the trailer.. theres more deleted then i thought..

what sucks is we've seen all thsi joker footage in teasers, trailers, etc and in the movie, all the stuff is cut out and replaced with different takes.

One part I really wanted to see on film was in the dominos trailer where joker and czech leader and standing in front of the burning mountain of cash and he says "this town is mine now". They cut that out.

Then obviously Nolan lied, making him a lying backstabber.

That son of a *****, how could he?

what sucks is we've seen all thsi joker footage in teasers, trailers, etc and in the movie, all the stuff is cut out and replaced with different takes.

One part I really wanted to see on film was in the dominos trailer where joker and czech leader and standing in front of the burning mountain of cash and he says "this town is mine now". They cut that out.

they did? i thought he did say it.. could be wrng tho.. i mean its nothing major but i was just wondering what happened.. i wanted to see what the car scene was all about.. and also anybody know where like dogs chasing cars is playing in the background? i never heard it and its my fave on the album..

Obviously not every shot filmed for any movie will be in the final cut of the film. There are dozens of alternate takes, as well as small filler scenes that never make the final cut, but are often used in promotional material, such as trailers. Also, a lot of scenes are edited to make them more concise, or removed completely because in the editing room the director and editor feel like the scene is out of place, doesn't add to the movie, or actually takes away from it.

I guarantee that every shot of Heath Ledger filmed is not in the actual film. I know Nolan said that the Joker's performance will remain in tact, but I always took that to mean that nothing considered "offensive" or anything like that due to his death would be cut, and they wouldn't change anything due to his death.

Obviously not every shot filmed for any movie will be in the final cut of the film. There are dozens of alternate takes, as well as small filler scenes that never make the final cut, but are often used in promotional material, such as trailers. Also, a lot of scenes are edited to make them more concise, or removed completely because in the editing room the director and editor feel like the scene is out of place, doesn't add to the movie, or actually takes away from it.

I guarantee that every shot of Heath Ledger filmed is not in the actual film. I know Nolan said that the Joker's performance will remain in tact, but I always took that to mean that nothing considered "offensive" or anything like that due to his death would be cut, and they wouldn't change anything due to his death.

oh yeah no i know that thats not what i ment, i was specifically talking about the car scene tho cuz it looked like it was filmed and they prepped it and whatnot i was just wondering what happened, it seemed like the entire scene was cut

Then obviously Nolan lied, making him a lying backstabber.

That son of a *****, how could he?
It's called post-production, some things don't make the final cut. I'm sure Heath Ledger's death had nothing to do with which scenes were cut, it was just a matter of removing scenes that weren't really necessary to tell the story.

Christopher Nolan has finally done justice to Batman in film and you're calling him a "lying backstabber" and a "son of a *****" just because he may have cut a few scenes? I think you should show a little more appreciation.

Well unlike the BB DVD they better have some deleted scenes for TDK.

I hate it that Nolan seems like one of those directors that doesn't include that because it kind of takes away from the "finished" cut of his.

My anticipation level just dropped from hearing that Joker doesn't say "I like that!" and from what I'm understanding...did they use the crappy voice bits from the TV spots over the superior ones used in the actual trailers??

Like when he says "Like me!" or "I'm going to give it to them". The way he said those in the trailers with the high pitched kind of squeaky voice was dead on for Joker, I didn't care for the other takes used in the TV spot.

oh yeah no i know that thats not what i ment, i was specifically talking about the car scene tho cuz it looked like it was filmed and they prepped it and whatnot i was just wondering what happened, it seemed like the entire scene was cut

It's called post-production, some things don't
make the final cut. I'm sure Heath Ledger's death had nothing to do with which scenes were cut, it was just a matter of removing scenes that weren't really necessary to tell the story.

Exactly. Its a cool picture of the Joker, and a nice nod to one of his first appearances in the comics, but maybe the actual scene was just something like him sitting in the car before he met with the mob or something, with no or little dialogue, and in the end they decided it slowed the pace of the movie and deemed it unecessary.

It's called post-production, some things don't make the final cut. I'm sure Heath Ledger's death had nothing to do with which scenes were cut, it was just a matter of removing scenes that weren't really necessary to tell the story.

Christopher Nolan has finally done justice to Batman in film and you're calling him a "lying backstabber" and a "son of a *****" just because he may have cut a few scenes? I think you should show a little more appreciation.

He's obviously joking...

Some people really need to work on their sarcasm detection skills...

i didnt wanna start a nolan bashing thread i was specificcaly talking mostly about the car scene, considering they used it in a promo shot in the virals i assumed it would be included thats all

Originally we were told the movie was 2hr 52 minutes. Now it looks like it's 2 1/2 hours. Is this true? Were 12 minutes cut? Was there a possible teaser for the 3rd film cut so that they could re-think what to do with the Joker?

the point of the thread was basically to ask about the car scene, and to also just see what viewers managed to spot as differne tor gone.. not complaining cuz the cut he mad ewas brilliant.. just nice to know cuz maybe i didnt see somethign and somebody else did u know?

Originally we were told the movie was 2hr 52 minutes. Now it looks like it's 2 1/2 hours. Is this true? Were 12 minutes cut? Was there a possible teaser for the 3rd film cut so that they could re-think what to do with the Joker?

oh yeah thats right i remember reading that, it was 2 and a half hours .. also anybody think there was more joker cut near the end? i mean it just kinda stops, the joker is hanging there the cops show up and thats it. i know that its to assume that hes caught but i mean he was caught b4 too and look what happened.. i just thought there would be a scene that would tell u that was the last scene the joker was in.. just kinda anti climactic..

He's obviously joking...

Some people really need to work on their sarcasm detection skills...
Well thanks for the little tip but actually I don't need to work on it, I'm pretty good at seeing sarcasm when it's there. There is nothing in that post to indicate sarcasm, unless you are just assuming that no one would ever actually have anything bad to say about Chris Nolan, which would be incredibly naive.

As an extra on the film, I can definently tell you that there were a few scenes from our filming that were cut. For instance, at the party (I was at the Bruce Wayne fundraiser), a bunch of us attendees started getting calls on our cell phones warning us that some bad stuff was about to go down. It obviously did not make the final cut. In hindsight, it makes sense because it flowed better without it. Hopefully it makes it on the DVD, but who knows?

There were some abrupt cuts/transitions that tend to hint at deleted scenes. I do believe there are deleted scenes related to Mike Engel and his Batman news reports, mainly because of what was posted earlier about the "Who is Batman?" scene that supposedly took place.

We weren't told it was 2h 52m, we were told it was 152 minutes--which is two hours and 32 minutes, which is how long it is.

As an extra on the film, I can definently tell you that there were a few scenes from our filming that were cut. For instance, at the party (I was at the Bruce Wayne fundraiser), a bunch of us attendees started getting calls on our cell phones warning us that some bad stuff was about to go down. It obviously did not make the final cut. In hindsight, it makes sense because it flowed better without it. Hopefully it makes it on the DVD, but who knows?

tats pretty cool didnt know that.. any others? this is why i made the thread.. to find out about stuff that wasnt in the movie, not to bash nolan or create a debate..

There was another thing I caught, The "will the real batman please stand up" Joker card was actually pinned onto the fake batman and not knived into him (I am pretty sure it was a safety pin)

There is just different cuts/takes on different scenes. I'm sure there are some deleted scenes though

There was another thing I caught, The "will the real batman please stand up" Joker card was actually pinned onto the fake batman and not knived into him (I am pretty sure it was a safety pin)

There is just different cuts/takes on different scenes. I'm sure there are some deleted scenes though

the leaked pic right??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"