The Dark Knight deleted scenes after all?? (spoilers)

damn...
there are a ton of excluded scenes. from Batman jumping the cop cars to the "WHERE IS HE?" line.
I hope we get it in the DVD. it's a big enough reason for me to buy it.

damn...
there are a ton of excluded scenes. from Batman jumping the cop cars to the "WHERE IS HE?" line.
I hope we get it in the DVD. it's a big enough reason for me to buy it.

That's in the movie. When Batman drops Maroni off the ledge/balcony. He drops down, grabs Maroni, and says that line.

The two major scenes (or maybe just shots) that we got peeks at were of Bats running on top of cop cars and the Tumbler swerving in the 'new' batcave (which sucks because that shot was filmed in IMAX).

Also The Joker's getaway from Bruce Wayne's penthouse.

yeah there are a few scenes that were not present. the batman running across the tops of he police cars, joker in the back of the car. in addition alot of the joker's scenes were clearly different takes from the trailers and tv spots. noticibly the "kill the batman" and " a little fight in ya, i like that ". i maintain that nolan did this for to reasons. one: all the fanatics who have picked over every shot and line will still see something fresh, and two: this allows him to utilize the maximum amount of heath's performance.

Very good point.

Alternate takes are not considered missing scenes. They're just alternate takes.

He does say "This town is mine now," I believe, but the angle that was used for the TV spot was so...orchestrated. I'm glad they decided to go with handheld for that.

It's when [blackout]Batman is taking down the SWAT teams to prevent them from mistakenly shooting the hostages.[/blackout] It's the last major action sequence. It works REALLY well.

He does say, "I like that" but it's very quick - Batman appears and the fight is on.

They used the take from the trailers for the second line I bolded. Don't worry. I can't remember the others.

I can't recall, but it's probably a different take because I don't remember seeing that camera angle.

The Joker might have easily decided he'd had his fun after throwing Rachel out the window and then left. It actually didn't bother me when I saw it.

Yup. It plays out EXACTLY like in the TV spot. It's SO CREEPY.

Literally a millisecond.

What hop and step dance? He's at Loeb's funeral but he's not wearing makeup, and you see him for literally a millisecond.

The cape does break his fall a little, but he doesn't use it all that much to save Rachel because he has to hold on to her.

I believe it's in there. I really can't recall, LOL, so obviously it didn't bother me one way or the other.

Thanks.

I just hope the rumor that Nolan filmed a bunch of extra stuff and it would be enough to add Joker into a 3rd film is true. Who knows, maybe he kept it complete secret and did it just incase when filming came around for 3 Heath was busy. Joker could just have a small part if they have any script worked out. It's completely possible, possibly unlikely, but would majorly rule.

also when he was without make-up it still felt like the joker. i didn't think "oh there's heath ledger" thought as it was said the scene is a flash, two quick glimpses so you know it's him but that's it.

I know right? That was great. He became the Joker so much so he didn't need the make up to 'help' him, so to speak.

Even still that girl seemed annoying enough to play Harley. Maybe it was her and there was supposed to be a whole side thing where Joker hits on Maroni's girl and finally takes her as his own.

Whatever the case I was really expecting her to be in it. I was really hoping there would be a scene after the credits that went something like:

Joker sitting in a "Padded Room" (as Batman forshadowed earlier). Just then a beautiful blonde woman in a white coat walks in.

woman "Hello. Mr. J... oker? I will be your psychiatrist"
Joker "Oh you are? Tell me puddin', what's your name?"
woman "I'm Dr. Harlene Quinzelle"
Joker "Harrlleeeyyyy......"

Black Screen accompanied by one loud bass note that lingers for a few seconds.

Maybe you ought to watch 'Mad Love' again, lol. No offense, but you really butchered the back story something terrible (I know it was just an idea). No way was Joker going to meet Dr. Harleen Quinzel this early when he goes to Arkham, nevermind the Joker calling her puddin' (it was the other way around, the Joker was always irritated by Harley Quinn's antics, it was an abusive relationship, he isn't a nice guy). If I remember right, Dr. Quinzel was never Joker's personal physicist or anything like that, but she did fall in love with him/was infatuated. It just sounds off and too fanfictiony-cheese. Had the Nolans handle Harley, they'd do it carefully and subtly.

[YT]7cxlSCKHCAE[/YT]

I know right? That was great. He became the Joker so much so he didn't need the make up to 'help' him, so to speak.

Maybe you ought to watch 'Mad Love' again, lol. No offense, but you really butchered the back story something terrible (I know it was just an idea). No way was Joker going to meet Dr. Harleen Quinzel this early when he goes to Arkham, nevermind the Joker calling her puddin' (it was the other way around, and the Joker always seemed irritated by Harley Quinn's antics). If I remember right, Dr. Quinzel was never Joker's personal physicist or anything like that, but she did fall in love with him/was infatuated. It just sounds off and too fanfictiony-cheese. Had the Nolans handle Harley, they'd do it carefully.

[YT]7cxlSCKHCAE[/YT]
It was rumored for a while that this scene would be in it... just fyi.

They film the same scene over and over again, there is probably 30 ways Heath Ledger said almost every one of his lines in the film. I think they say they shoot a ridiculous amount of footage for a movie. They probably had to take an hour of shots and turn it into a 3-6 minute scene. Just because its in the trailer never means its in the movie. Most movies trailers may have an alternate take or cut out scene but most movies trailers are not over analyzed like this one. I am guilty for that too. This is a regular part of the process for these movies. I mean in the trailer and tv spot he says "I'm gonna give it to them" in 2 different ways. Obviously both ways arent in the movie. Same thing with the "we are tonights entertainment line." This is the normal process of making a movie. They made a trailer at the end of october november for a december preview probably just after shooting the movie. How is anybody gonna know what exact takes they are really gonna put in the movie. Then they made the second one probably a little after his death in february for a first week of april release and were still cutting the movie. I mean the first trailer was just joker scenes and lines mostly. then the second trailer you saw more of the plot. reason: becuase they had prolly cut a good part of the film for the second trailer as opposed to the first. I hope they put a lot of the extra and alternate takes on the dvd but for the movie i dont see why people complained. I was actually happier this happened cause not only can i enjoy the scenes in the trailers ive seen many times but also see a different way it showed up on the final cut of the film and so the scenes were new and shocking once again. I mean if the guy said the film was cut the way he wanted it to be and didnt leave out anything because of the extremely talented actors premature death. I'm gonna have to give him the benefit of the doubt. The movie doesn't need a directors cut because the movie is exactly how the director wanted it to turn out. This is the ultimate vision of this film.

I forgot to quote this one. Thank you.

It was rumored for a while that this scene would be in it... just fyi.

Rumors are just fanboi wishes.

I'm sick of hearing about alternate takes.

usually scenes in a movie are done in multiple takes. A trailer is NOT working from a final cut of a movie, so yeah some stuff might be a little different. A little angle, slightly different shot or whatever here and there.

Jonah Nolan said there wasn't tons of deleted footage. He said that's not how he and Nolan work. He said there's yeah some moments here and there but basically no entire deleted scenes. All movies might have extra lines or beats that will be left on the cutting room floor. That doesn't = lots of deleted scenes.

I'm sick of hearing about alternate takes.

usually scenes in a movie are done in multiple takes. A trailer is NOT working from a final cut of a movie, so yeah some stuff might be a little different. A little angle, slightly different shot or whatever here and there.

Jonah Nolan said there wasn't tons of deleted footage. He said that's not how he and Nolan work. He said there's yeah some moments here and there but basically no entire deleted scenes. All movies might have extra lines or beats that will be left on the cutting room floor. That doesn't = lots of deleted scenes.

Thank you for voicing the logic I've tried to convey throughout this thread. :applaud

"Dark Knight Extended edition"

I'm pretty sure i say that in my sleep.haha

Won't happen IMO, just be like BB DVD, some featurettes and possible behind the scene footage.

i'd prefer to see a TDK R edition or 15 edition.

Considering the complaints that the movie should have been rated 15 in the first place, the DVD may be 15 anyway:cwink:

Considering J.Nolan says there are no extra scenes and the cinema release is effectivly the Directors Cut, i'd like something like the BB DVD, but with more behing the scenes footage, esp. involving Ledger......

I still say the shot of the Joker from behind drawing his knife as he slowly walks toward the crashed Batpod needs to be reinserted. That was a money shot if there ever was one.

I still say the shot of the Joker from behind drawing his knife as he slowly walks toward the crashed Batpod needs to be reinserted. That was a money shot if there ever was one.

you talking about the one in the trailer? yea that was fooking awesome!!! just casually strolling down the round with a sub-machine gun in one hand and a flick knife in the other, pure joker!!!!

anyone remember a long time ago when they were filming joker on a skateboard???

I just hope the rumor that Nolan filmed a bunch of extra stuff and it would be enough to add Joker into a 3rd film is true. Who knows, maybe he kept it complete secret and did it just incase when filming came around for 3 Heath was busy. Joker could just have a small part if they have any script worked out. It's completely possible, possibly unlikely, but would majorly rule.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a major actor's contract would have to explicitly state that footage shot for a particular movie could appear in a later film, and there would be serious royalty/payment issues to consider. His agent/lawyers would probably argue that "leftover footage" from a previous film, used in a later film, constitutes an additional "performance" that would have to be compensated.

Not saying it's impossible (a studio could have contracts that say once you're on film, we can do anything we want with the footage, forever), but it's highly doubtful.

(Regardless, it would be great if there were even a handful of unused shots of Heath/the Joker sitting in a cell in Arkham Asylum; you could have Bats visit the place and walk by a cell, where the Joker is sitting there smirking...)

-- Admiral Nelson

anyone remember a long time ago when they were filming joker on a skateboard???

yea that was just heath chilling out between takes, he loves his skateboarding. but that would of been cool to see joker on a skateboard, maybe after robbing it off some street punk.

you talking about the one in the trailer? yea that was fooking awesome!!! just casually strolling down the round with a sub-machine gun in one hand and a flick knife in the other, pure joker!!!!

The reason they probably didn't use it is because right after the batpod goes round him he turns arround does the lips thing and u can hear a blade pop out but you can not see it. Its because the screen is cut of but in imax or blue ray u will be able to see the blade come out. The shot u mentioned has joker walking toward him and poping up his blade, so in order to have both shots u would have the knife pop up twice in a metter of seconds. I personaly love the lip thing joker does so i say the shot they used is better.

did we see the batsuit come rise from underground in the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"