• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Demon Knights

Wait, wait, wait, Etrigan and Xanadu are doin' it? That's super-weird...

Introducing: Horsewoman.
DK-Design-Archer-1_dasjhfaks7fd2345.jpeg

DK-Design-Archer-2_asjdhfalksd.jpeg

DEMON-01-Inks-Pg-15_asjdfhlaskdjhf21.jpg
(Character designs by Gary Frank; DEMON KNIGHTS #1 interior art by Diogenes Neves and Oclair Albert)
This September, DC Comics takes a trip back to the Medieval Ages with DEMON KNIGHTS. Featuring demons, witches, sorcery and plenty of dark magic, DEMON KNIGHTS plants the seeds for the siege that will reverberate through the present-day DC Universe.
One of the many exciting things about DC Comics-The New 52 is the opportunity for new characters to be introduced. In DEMON KNIGHTS, one such character is The Horsewoman. But who is this mysterious new woman and what will her role in the series be?
“The Horsewoman is one of the seven Demon Knights, flung together by a desperate battle,” said series writer Paul Cornell. “She’s a mysterious rider who tries to stay apart, on a lonely journey across Medieval Europe. She can ride, but she can’t walk, supported in her saddle by magic and invention. She has an absolute affinity for all horses, and she’s the greatest archer in history. She tries hard not to care, but always ends up helping those who need her. And the little village Etrigan’s reluctant team end up defending from enormous odds is going to need her now.”
DEMON KNIGHTS #1, by Paul Cornell, Diogenes Neves and Oclair Albert, rides into stores on September 14th.

She's handicapped right? Can't walk I think? Design looks cool.

I love the character design for her she is very bad ass and sexy :up:

Looking forward to finding out more about her character and the other seven demon knights

You guys heard about the San Diego Batgirl cosplayer? After the DC Panel Paul Cornell went to personally talk to her and despite her lack of interest on Sword and sorcery stuff, he was sold on the comic because Paul said the main cast is mostly female and yeah, you cannot defeat the power that is British politeness, rock on Paul.

Paul Cornell most definitely rocks :up:

And comic books about kick ass ladies fighting dragons should be read by everyone because there are few things more fabulous

You guys heard about the San Diego Batgirl cosplayer? After the DC Panel Paul Cornell went to personally talk to her and despite her lack of interest on Sword and sorcery stuff, he was sold on the comic because Paul said the main cast is mostly female and yeah, you cannot defeat the power that is British politeness, rock on Paul.

Yeah I read an interview with her and it sounded like Paul and Gail Simone were both very nice and polite her while Dan Didio (unsurprisingly) was sort of a question dodging *****e.

Cornell and Simone are both lovely people and great writers :up:

I would love it if they worked together on a comic book. It would surely be absolutely fab :hrt:

Yeah I read an interview with her and it sounded like Paul and Gail Simone were both very nice and polite her while Dan Didio (unsurprisingly) was sort of a question dodging *****e.

Apparently, several people were being pretty condescending to her according to the stuff I read about it. I wasn't there or anything, so I obviously don't know the full story, but it sounded to me like she was asking a perfectly legit question about the lack of female writers and artists. I don't know why they didn't just answer with something like, 'We ran them off [insert laughter]. But seriously, we just didn't have a lot of projects for them right now, but you'll definitely be seeing them pretty soon as more projects emerge.' Perfectly acceptable PR answer, whether it's accurate or not. That's the kind of stuff you say in that situation not, 'Hey, read Marvel, it's the same over there' or 'Well, maybe there's not enough female writers, you should submit (despite the fact that DC doesn't take unsolicited responses anymore)'.

I don't know, they probably didn't mean it in a malice way, but I do find it odd they seemed to turn the whole question into a big joke. Unless the women was being really brazen about it or something.

The question turned into a huge joke because she asked it in just about every f***ing panel when the first time she asked DiDio said how they had no problems hiring more female writers and having more female characters this is simply the relaunch titles, etc etc. She got annoying as f*** for both the fans and the panelists asking the same questions in each panel as though DC hated women. It was the way she kept phrasing her questions.

The only time that DiDio really got *****e-like was like the last New 52 Panel I think it was and this time said things back like "Why aren't you asking these things to Marvel & other publishers of the industry? Why are you singling us out? Have you compared how many female creators and prominent females we have to them?" and other types of questions (I can't recall his exact wording). At that point her retort was simply something like "I'm just a fan of DC" or some *****. She came across as heckling and frankly even I--just listening to all of the podcasts--wanted to knock her out. And I'm not the aggressive type towards women. I'm Mr. Nice Guy and all and I wanted to punch her lights out.

Okay, well, I didn't know that she was doing this at multiple panels. I thought it was just a single panel. It's understandable why they'd get frustrated about it in that case

Yeah the Internet taking her side is kinda "eh" but DC is respondingh to it because they need positive PR for September, but why didn't the Batgirl woman consider that not many woman WANT to work on comics compared to Men?

I'm sure lots of women would love to work in comic books Drz

I would love to and I know lots of fangirls who want to be artists or writers for comic books

Yeah the Internet taking her side is kinda "eh" but DC is respondingh to it because they need positive PR for September, but why didn't the Batgirl woman consider that not many woman WANT to work on comics compared to Men?

That goes into his response the first time though a different fan may have mentioned only woman creators before this girl asked similar stuff after (or maybe it was her I can't recall). He was like "Well, what woman do you want us to be hiring?" then he was like "Damn right we should be hiring Nicola Scott" (or whatever her name is and turns out she was going to be doing a project just not one of the big new 52 relaunch deal) and some other female creators. Then when the Batgirl fan came up he was like "we have no problem having more female writers and artists on board, simply apply for a job" or something of the sort.

But yea part of the problem of this whole "bad/semi-bad PR for DC" is that anyone that was not at the panels or didn't listen to the podcasts aren't aware of how she said things, and how she repeatedly bugged them about it. They either are only focusing on the one time that DiDio finally showed his annoyance or aren't acknowledging any of his replies at all and only her wanting more females without what she said and how she went about it.

Really looking forward to checking out that JSA series Nicola Scott is doing the art on :up:

That goes into his response the first time though a different fan may have mentioned only woman creators before this girl asked similar stuff after (or maybe it was her I can't recall). He was like "Well, what woman do you want us to be hiring?" then he was like "Damn right we should be hiring Nicola Scott" (or whatever her name is and turns out she was going to be doing a project just not one of the big new 52 relaunch deal) and some other female creators. Then when the Batgirl fan came up he was like "we have no problem having more female writers and artists on board, simply apply for a job" or something of the sort.

But yea part of the problem of this whole "bad/semi-bad PR for DC" is that anyone that was not at the panels or didn't listen to the podcasts aren't aware of how she said things, and how she repeatedly bugged them about it. They either are only focusing on the one time that DiDio finally showed his annoyance or aren't acknowledging any of his replies at all and only her wanting more females without what she said and how she went about it.

That's actually pretty much just saying **** off and shut up, in a somewhat subtle way, because DC doesn't take unsolicited submissions anymore (and hasn't for several years now). Unless he was just assuming she was also a published artist, which I guess isn't a totally baseless assumption to make given the atmosphere and all, but still a very big assumption on his part.

That was, in actuality, one of the things that really rubbed me the wrong way in reading about it, because unless Didio is clueless to the company's policies, that was a pretty condescending thing to throw out there. But knowing now that she was basically real life spam trolling, it doesn't bother me as much.

Last edited:
I was paraphrasing off of a very vague memory of what he said and made mention of that in my post. I listened to the podcast last week and the actual good questions and answers to said questions ring clearer than that repeated incident.

Demon Knights #3 cover:
1312901430.jpg

Etrigan looks even madder than normal :wow:

I almost feel sorry for whichever villains he's facing

He looks like he is wearing a little rolled up hankerchief on his head, like the guys in Monty Python.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"